Cobblestone Park Golf Club in Blythewood boasts 27 championship holes. Formerly known as the University Club, the course hosts the University of South Carolina's golf teams. The holes are divided into three unique nines. The Garnet nine is the second longest of the three but it can feel quite lengthy thanks to the variety of elevation changes. The rolling terrain characterizes the golf course and adds to the diversity of the layout. Some of the highest points in Richland County can be found throughout, making the round as scenic as it is challenging. Strategically placed bunkers frame the greens and there are towering oaks and pines looming above the fairways. The tough layout will force you to use every club in your bag but the generous and inviting landing areas offer some respite.

Cobblestone Park Golf Club

Year Built 1995
Architect P. B. Dye (1995) CE Golf Design

Clubs No

Single Allowed No
Walking Allowed Yes. For members only.
Dress code No blue jeans, cut off shorts/collarless shirts. Gentlemen are asked to keep all shirts tucked in at all times.

Commented on 12/04/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience @CobblestoneParkGolfClub. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Commented on 12/04/2019

Thank you for visiting us @CobblestoneParkGolfClub. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

The Best in Columbia, SC

Played Garnet/Black. Well maintained, greens, fairways and tee boxes are in excellent shape. Beautiful surroundings. Great clubhouse and excellent Staff. Missed a hole in one today.

Commented on 12/04/2019

Hello, Amestdian. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @CobblestoneParkGolfClub.

Commented on 11/20/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round! Thanks for choosing @CobblestoneParkGolfClub.

Commented on 11/12/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, Joseph. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round! Thanks for choosing @CobblestoneParkGolfClub.

Cobble stone

Very hilly course glad I had a cart...but off back tees a good challenge and very enjoyable. Greens were nice and fast...A true challenge for your golf skills

Commented on 10/29/2019

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @CobblestoneParkGolfClub.

Awesome

Cobblestone Park is an excellent facility, golf course and overall experience.
The conditions were fantastic, the bunkers raked and the greens rollling a good speed.
It was a pleasure to return to this facility and put my golfing skills to a test..
Staff was great, helpful and accommodating.
Kurt

Commented on 09/16/2019

Your feedback is important to us, Kurt. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing @CobblestoneParkGolfClub.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

We had a great round on a Wednesday. We came to Columbia as coastal evacuation victims from the approaching storm Dorian. The course layout is fantastic and greens in good shape. Tee boxes could use some attention. The practice range was closed for no apparent reason which was a huge disappointment. Staff was okay but could have been a bit more inviting and attentive on arrival. Overall good value and challenging course. We will definitely return here in the fall or spring.

Commented on 09/06/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @CobblestoneParkGolfClub.

Commented on 09/04/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round! Thanks for playing @CobblestoneParkGolfClub.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hi, Bohyun. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact our pro shop to share your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing @CobblestoneParkGolfClub!

Nice day

The golf course conditions were pretty good. The greens roll true but are a bit slower than I’m used to here. Overall the day was good

Commented on 08/13/2019

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Course was in great condition and the price through Golf now was terrific

Commented on 10/16/2019

Hello. Let us first start by thanking you for the great review. This is the experience we strive to provide. We partnered with GolfNow because we believe in offering our golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partners. We will continue to work hard and create an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing @CobblestoneParkGolfClub. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 07/24/2019

Hi. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing @CobblestoneParkGolfClub.

Cobblestone Park

Loved the course. Layout was great for first time visit. No tricky holes, but still a good challenge. Plus, Gamecock home corse - Go Cocks!

Will definitely be back.

Commented on 07/24/2019

#BeautifulGolfCourses

This is an amazing course. I’m only sad I had to quit because of lightning. I wish I lived closer I’d play it more often

Commented on 07/10/2019

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing @CobblestoneParkGolfClub.

Repairing the greens

So far every time I’ve went they have been repairing the greens. I don’t care to pay that much for golf for having very inconsistent greens play. I still believe the course is beautiful and love the multiple options. We were forced to partner up with another 2 person group of “club” members, they were some of the most inconsiderate players I have ever met. Playing in front of our shots taking shots while we were shooting because of that we haven’t been back since.

Commented on 06/26/2019

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for reviewing us and thanks for choosing @CobblestoneParkGolfClub!

#BeautifulGolfCourses

I've been fortunate enough to play this course dozens of times; and just about every single time I have thoroughly enjoyed my round. The course is generally in great shape, and the staff (or former staff) was always super friendly. Except this go around. Now I have heard through the golfing community there was a change in ownership recently, and I wasn't sure what (if any) impact that'd have on the familiar faces and feel of the course; much to my dismay, there has been a noticeable change.

When I arrive, I go to check in and was met with a cold response; I am not sure if it is because I booked my tee-time via GolfNow, but I felt like I was being hurried in and out. I wasn't offered range balls, or told about any of the amenities as a guest, etc. I walked past the cart area, with about 4 young males hanging out not paying attention to any of the golfers pulling in to the lot or walking up hauling their own bags. But that was nothing compared to the rest of the day.

I get it, I'm not a 'member' at this club, but at my home club (which is in town btw), they treat all guests with the same level of respect as dues paying members.

I got the notification of the aerification alert before booking; so naturally I called to get some insight into when the greens were punched, how have they healed, are they playable, etc.; as any golfer knows, playing on freshly punched greens is less than ideal. I called around 6 days before my potential round, and was informed by someone (didn't say his name) that they were punched about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and they were recovering nicely. I figured if I called the pro shop directly, I'd get a pretty good answer.

Much to my disappointment, they greens looked as if they were punched that Monday (and I get it, I knew they had the aerification alert, but my disappointment comes more from not being told a more truthful answer about the condition of the greens) - so very quickly my playing partner and I knew it would be a long day on the putting greens and we would not be shooting our PB's today.

We get to the first tee box, and a young man (my assumption is that he was probably a freshman or sophomore in college) was hitting a tee shot for a single he just let go out in front of our scheduled tee time, and proceeds to tell us 'I am hitting tee shots for people for $5/swing'... As I stated before, I've played here a LOT in my time, and never have I seen this type of behavior (or the lack of ranger to monitor pace of play, etc.) on a golf course. Already I was starting to second guess coming out here to play.

We make the turn, and I see what appears to be a two-some racing to the next tee box (the one we're supposed to start our back 9 on). At no point during the front 9 did we see this two-some, not once; not on the driving range warming up before our round or at all on the course, so I can only assume they jumped ahead... and the pace of play to our round came to a screeching halt; to add insult to injury, they hit 3-4 tee shots off several tee boxes and were a solid hole behind the group ahead of them (which was a foursome).

Everyone has off days, but for so many aspects to be so drastically different than any golf course I've ever been to, much less one I'm familiar with, I was pretty disappointed. On a Friday of all days I certainly hope you'd have your best foot forward; especially when a course like this gets lots of play from non-members (aka, potential/prospective members), but my friend and I left the course frustrated, and not overly enthusiastic about coming back to play anytime soon.

I surely do hope this isn't the case on most days; but if it is, this course is headed in the wrong direction. I play muni courses with some regularity, as well as belong to a private club in town - so I am in no way a snob when it comes to golf courses; Cobblestone is (or used to be) a great course - I hope I just went on a bad day.

The only reason I wouldn't recommend this course to a friend is based on my recent experience; if they treat non-members they way they did me at check-in and seemed to have no control over what was happening on the golf course, then I wouldn't want my friend to have to experience what we did. IF in fact it was an off day... then I'd reconsider changing that to a yes.

Commented on 07/02/2019

Hello, Bo. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we encourage you to reach out to our management team to discuss these issues further. We are also glad to know you consider the course one of your favorites, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Cobblestone Park. We hope to see you again soon.

Sandy greens

This is one the nicest courses in Columbia SC and the most expensive. I have no issue with cost when playing this course, but the issue I have is not telling the paying customer that the greens were punched. This should be told before I pay for round. I would have not played this course if I was told.

Commented on 07/02/2019

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We strive for a 5-star experience, so we welcome your feedback. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule. Aerification information is included in the tee time notes during booking. We apologize if this note was omitted or placed after your round was booked. Please contact our management team if you would like to discuss the matter further.

The greens will be healed soon and in pristine condition. We hope you will come back soon for the 5-star experience you expect at Cobblestone Park.

Commented on 06/12/2019

We hope you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round! Thanks for choosing @CobblestoneParkGolfClub.

Valid dates: Dec 05, 2019 - Nov 01, 2020