Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Garnet Course

4.6202705882 4.6 stars from 5 (207)

Clubs: No

Walking allowed: Yes. For members only.
Singles allowed: No
Dress code: No blue jeans, cut off shorts/collarless shirts. Gentlemen are asked to keep all shirts tucked in at all times.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Champ 35 3304 yards N/A N/A
Member 35 3029 yards N/A N/A
Club 35 2730 yards N/A N/A
Forward (W) 35 2276 yards N/A N/A

Cobblestone Park Golf Club in Blythewood boasts 27 championship holes. Formerly known as the University Club, the course hosts the University of South Carolina's golf teams. The holes are divided into three unique nines. The Garnet nine is the second longest of the three but it can feel quite lengthy thanks to the variety of elevation changes. The rolling terrain characterizes the golf course and adds to the diversity of the layout. Some of the highest points in Richland County can be found throughout, making the round as scenic as it is challenging. Strategically placed bunkers frame the greens and there are towering oaks and pines looming above the fairways. The tough layout will force you to use every club in your bag but the generous and inviting landing areas offer some respite.

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers locals a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes water hazards   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views brunch

"Sandy Greens"

gapple's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Very disappointed when we pulled up to the course to see the greens had been punched for aerification and there was sand everywhere on them. There was so much sand on the greens that we didn't even bother putting. Usually GolfNow is good about putting an advisory about aerification but when I booked this time nothing was stated. Since then, there is now a warning about it. If I would have know then, I never would have booked this tee time. Terrible!!!!!!!!!

"Solid course"

Devin1080's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2018

Solid course. Great layout. Some greens were in need of repair. One of the best courses in the area. Highly recommend.

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 06/21/2018:

Hello, thanks for the great review! We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

"Nice track"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2018

Enjoyed the course and the layout. Highly recommend everyone playing!!!

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 06/21/2018:

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2018

I will be back! Greens didn’t hold chip shots this round and a really slow group in front of us...other than that it was perfect day!

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Course on 06/18/2018:

Hello, thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Course.

craig6225351's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I LOVE THE COURSE, WE WERE BEHIND A SLOW 3 SOME, SOME OF THE GREENS AND TEE BOXES WERENT AS NICE AS THEY USUALLY ARE, BUT STILL A GREAT COURSE.

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 06/13/2018:

Hi craig6225351, thanks for the great review! We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

Joe3891927's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2018

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 05/31/2018:

Hi Joe3891927, thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear that #CobblestoneParkGolfClub is one of your favorite courses to play. We definitely agree! We're looking forward to your next round with us. Thanks for playing!

"A course that everyone can enjoy."

kcraig19's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2018

I played Cobblestone just before a rain storm. It was hot and muggy but the wind had not picked up so it was very enjoyable. I was amazed at the condition of the course. I have been in Columbia visiting for a couple of weeks and the courses played have been in moderate condition at best, with significant winter kill and Black Algae issues. Cobblestone was in excellent condition with only two moderate spots of Black Algae. My congratulations to the grounds crew. The course played moderate with very adequate fairways from the member tees and the layout was exceptional. The course is laid out through an upscale development with the challenges of undulation, water and tree lined fairways. This is truly a course that everyone can enjoy.

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 05/21/2018:

Hi kcraig19, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and are happy to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again soon! Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

"A visual pleasure"

BirdieBillB's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2018

A Florida-based golfer doesn't see many elevation changes, so this gem was a joy to play. From the condition of the course, to the layout, to the green complexes, to the bunkering, can't say enough good things about this course. The lone objection was to the couple of blind, uphill par 3's. Will make it a must stop on my trips north!

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 06/06/2018:

Hi BirdieBillB, thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the layout and elevation changes at the course. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

"Great Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2018

Cobblestone is the best course in the Columbia, SC that we get to play with Hot Deals on Golf Now. It is always in great condition from tee to green. I have never had a complaint of the many times I’ve played there. They had some large groups playing which I had never faced before so pace of play was slow but that’s not normal for weekday play. I would put this on the top of my list of courses in the Columbia Area

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 04/23/2018:

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round! We hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

"michael"

wmj1515's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018
Used cart Perfect weather

Course was in decent shape, greens were punched recently. The pace of play was terrible and no starter or marshal on the course. Great course but they need a starter and a cart selling drinks and food on course.

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 04/17/2018:

Hi wmj1515, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and apologize the pace of play wasn't up to par. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

"Who knew..."

eeguerreiro's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2018

Should I find myself in the area again, I will definitely be returning. Unfortunately, while it is April, Spring is yet to arrive. It was cold and dreary. Nevertheless, I can see how later in the season, it will be amazing. Beautiful clubhouse and excellent customer service.

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 04/12/2018:

Hi eeguerreiro, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us. We're looking forward to your next one with us! Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2018

Enjoyable round with lots of challenges.

The staff was were friendly and helpful.

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 04/09/2018:

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and are happy to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

Dampie21's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2018

Two groups of four men all playing on the same hole followed us all day hitting blind shots over our heads

Very impolite and dangerous

No marshall on the course

Course is too expensive for what it has to offer at this time of year

Very disappointed

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 04/05/2018:

Hi Dampie21, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and are sorry to hear it wasn't up to par. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

"Spring golf"

Smith4821's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2018

Interesting course. Winter transition had the fairways with fast roll. Greens and boxes growing in. Recommend for an in-route round from Asheville to Myrtle.

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 04/04/2018:

Hi Smith4821, thanks for the great review! We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

"Nice course, but it has been better that this visit."

apantsari's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2018

There was a board by first tee to let you know which pin location they were using that day. However, none of the carts had the map to show you where each pin location was referring to on the greens. Greens were very thin. Not much more than green dirt is several areas. Pace of play could have been better, but groups were just going off whenever they wanted to. No ranger/starter to ensure proper start which sets the tone for the entire rounds pace.

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 03/29/2018:

Hi apantsari, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and apologize for the disorganization on the tee box. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon! Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

"Perfection"

yanker21's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/22/2018

Cobblestone is in excellent condition after a colder winter than normal.

Response from Cobblestone Golf Course on 03/28/2018:

Hi yanker21, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about our course conditions and hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Cobblestone Golf Course.

"Best course in Columbia"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/31/2018

Always a pleasure to play at Cobblestone. It is always in the best condition of all courses I play in Columbia. Even in winter their greens are the best. Layout is very hilly with many doglegs. It’s a challenging course.

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 02/05/2018:

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the layout of the course and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club!

"WOW superb golf course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/24/2018

This is the most beautiful layout I ever played, green in great condition,

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 01/30/2018:

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club!

"Rainy at first however"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/27/2017

Great course every time, played 4-5 times this year although 45-55 minutes away from my primary address. Course layout is exceptional, challenging elevation change for midlands course. Tee boxes and fairway were in excellent condition as were the greens ( fantastic ). One issue the snack bar was not open at the turn and no service cart, could have been the weather and lack of traffic that day ....45-50 degrees.

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 01/03/2018:

Thanks for taking the time to leave us another review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed another round with us and hope to see you again soon! Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

rjtsc42's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/19/2017

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 12/27/2017:

Thanks for the 5-star review, rjtsc42! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your round. We hope to see you for another one soon! Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club