Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course

Cobblestone Park Golf Club has 27 championship holes that stretch across more than 240 acres of rolling hills. The course has some of the highest points in Richland County, providing panoramic views on nearly every hole. Formerly known as the University Club, Cobblestone Park is home to the University of South Carolina's golf teams. The holes are divided into three nines, each with a unique character, though they are all defined by the rolling hills. The Gold nine is the shortest of the three but thanks to the elevation changes, you don't miss the length. There are strategically placed bunkers lurking along the greens and tall oaks and pines line the fairways. In addition to the 27-hole course, Cobblestone Park G.C. also boasts one of the largest private practice facilities in the South, which includes a large driving range, pitching and putting greens, and a practice bunker.
Cobblestone Park Golf Club

Year Built 1995
Architect P. B. Dye (1995) CE Golf Design

Clubs No

Single Allowed No
Walking Allowed Yes. For members only.
Dress code No blue jeans, cut off shorts/collarless shirts. Gentlemen are asked to keep all shirts tucked in at all times.

Not great

Greens were good. Fairway and ruffs were spotty. Not what I expected from other reviews. Booking through golfnow was more expensive than had I called the course myself.

Commented On 2019-02-11T15:34:12.000+00:00

Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon. Thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park. #CobblestoneParkGolfClub #GolfLife #GolfFriends #BeautifulGolfCourses

Great Shape

Cobblestone is always in the best shape of the courses we can play in the Columbia area. Greens and fairways are very good for winter conditions.

Commented On 2019-02-11T15:30:05.000+00:00

Hi. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back! Thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park. #CobblestoneParkGolfClub #GolfLife #GolfFriends #BeautifulGolfCourses

Weekdays

Cobblestone continues to be a good value golf course outing. Good course conditions and friendly service.

Commented On 2019-02-08T14:11:39.000+00:00

Hi. Thank you so much for the 5-star review. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park.

Commented On 2019-02-06T14:39:12.000+00:00

Hi, Robbie. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please join us for another round soon, and thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park.

Commented On 2018-11-06T14:53:45.000+00:00

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4-stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Cobblestone Park.

Greens and fairways were in great shape. A nice day of golf.

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 10/12/2018:
Hello. Thanks for your 5-star rating! We're glad you enjoyed your tee time and the course conditions. Please book another round with us soon. Thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park.
Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 07/17/2018:
Thanks for the great review! We hope to see you again for another round soon!

Great Day

My son and I had the best day ever, we love Cobble Stone!

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 07/17/2018:
Hi Joe3891927, we're happy to hear about your enjoyable round with your son! We hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club!

Cobblestone

Consists of 3 nines. garnet, black and gold. home of USC gamecock golf. Very hilly course, the playing areas are in good condition but old cart paths are very rough and broken up. Conditions off fairways can be improved. Whomever designed the layout of the clubhouse, pro-shop, bathrooms, etc should have been fired, terrible layout. what a terrible job they did.

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 07/17/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear that your round with us was anything short of 5-stars. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

Sandy Greens

Very disappointed when we pulled up to the course to see the greens had been punched for aerification and there was sand everywhere on them. There was so much sand on the greens that we didn't even bother putting. Usually GolfNow is good about putting an advisory about aerification but when I booked this time nothing was stated. Since then, there is now a warning about it. If I would have know then, I never would have booked this tee time. Terrible!!!!!!!!!

foxsean16
Commented On 2018-11-07T19:24:33.000+00:00

So why would you give the course a bad rating when that was Golfnow's mistake?

Solid course

Solid course. Great layout. Some greens were in need of repair. One of the best courses in the area. Highly recommend.

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 06/21/2018:
Hello, thanks for the great review! We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

Nice track

Enjoyed the course and the layout. Highly recommend everyone playing!!!

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 06/21/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

I will be back! Greens didn’t hold chip shots this round and a really slow group in front of us...other than that it was perfect day!

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Course on 06/18/2018:
Hello, thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Course.

I LOVE THE COURSE, WE WERE BEHIND A SLOW 3 SOME, SOME OF THE GREENS AND TEE BOXES WERENT AS NICE AS THEY USUALLY ARE, BUT STILL A GREAT COURSE.

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 06/13/2018:
Hi craig6225351, thanks for the great review! We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.
Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 05/31/2018:
Hi Joe3891927, thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear that #CobblestoneParkGolfClub is one of your favorite courses to play. We definitely agree! We're looking forward to your next round with us. Thanks for playing!

A course that everyone can enjoy.

I played Cobblestone just before a rain storm. It was hot and muggy but the wind had not picked up so it was very enjoyable. I was amazed at the condition of the course. I have been in Columbia visiting for a couple of weeks and the courses played have been in moderate condition at best, with significant winter kill and Black Algae issues. Cobblestone was in excellent condition with only two moderate spots of Black Algae. My congratulations to the grounds crew. The course played moderate with very adequate fairways from the member tees and the layout was exceptional. The course is laid out through an upscale development with the challenges of undulation, water and tree lined fairways. This is truly a course that everyone can enjoy.

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 05/21/2018:
Hi kcraig19, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and are happy to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again soon! Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

A visual pleasure

A Florida-based golfer doesn't see many elevation changes, so this gem was a joy to play. From the condition of the course, to the layout, to the green complexes, to the bunkering, can't say enough good things about this course. The lone objection was to the couple of blind, uphill par 3's. Will make it a must stop on my trips north!

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 06/06/2018:
Hi BirdieBillB, thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the layout and elevation changes at the course. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

Cobblestone is the best course in the Columbia, SC that we get to play with Hot Deals on Golf Now. It is always in great condition from tee to green. I have never had a complaint of the many times I’ve played there. They had some large groups playing which I had never faced before so pace of play was slow but that’s not normal for weekday play. I would put this on the top of my list of courses in the Columbia Area

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 04/23/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round! We hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

michael

Course was in decent shape, greens were punched recently. The pace of play was terrible and no starter or marshal on the course. Great course but they need a starter and a cart selling drinks and food on course.

Response from Cobblestone Park Golf Club on 04/17/2018:
Hi wmj1515, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and apologize the pace of play wasn't up to par. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club.

Valid dates: Feb 11, 2019 - Mar 31, 2019