Shadowmoss Plantation Golf Club

Black (W) 72 5511 yards 72.4 119
Scorecard for Shadowmoss Plantation Golf Club
Blue M: 71.5/127 370 366 367 182 541 376 182 497 415 3296 363 409 209 491 366 532 202 348 350 3270 6566
White M: 69.7/123 W: 76.0/141 352 349 346 161 525 357 164 482 388 3124 330 382 187 476 335 508 182 325 334 3059 6183
White/Black M: 67.8/119 W: 73.2/131 352 349 272 111 468 287 164 482 323 2808 330 352 159 476 335 454 156 325 334 2921 5729
Black M: 65.8/115 W: 71.2/120 298 288 272 111 468 287 147 415 323 2609 287 352 159 390 315 454 156 297 294 2704 5313
Green M: 62.7/100 W: 65.9/108 241 249 229 109 368 229 130 396 229 2180 245 253 131 359 251 367 116 226 251 2199 4379

Year Built 1970
Architect Russell Breeden

Bunker No
Golf School Academy No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Avoid until the greens are repaired

This is a lovely course, well designed with many challenging holes and modest green fees. However, almost all of the greens have very large patches of dead grass and/or dirt, which make scoring well virtually impossible. It looks like a combination of the consequences of the winter weather and disease. The course needs to be closed and the greens completely overhauled before I would recommend that anyone play it.

Great Layout - fun course

This course has a challenging but fair layout, plenty of doglegs and water. Tee boxes could use some maturity. Early in the season so maintenance was minimal. Pro shop and club house friendly. Foursome played in 4 hours, needed to allow time due to not being familiar with the course. Would play again if in the area.

Commented On 04/13/2018

Hi walpole13,

We are so glad you came out and played the course. We love to hear that the course was challenging and fair.

Glad I played Here!!!

My family and I make the trip from Greeneville, TN to I.O.P. every year (22 yrs now). This was the first time playing Shadowmoss. I played last Monday (6/19) and had the first tee time. It was an excellent experience for me. Other than the tee boxes being a little rough, I loved the course. The fairways and greens are well taken care of. The staff is the friendliest group of people I have ever met at a golf course. Thanks so much!!!! I will be back!!!!

Commented On 04/13/2018

Hi glfoster,

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you finally gave the course a shot!

Shadowmoss Plantation Management

Great choice for the budget-conscious

Shadowmoss is the epitome of a reliable neighborhood public track that caters to die-hard local golfers.

The clubhouse, while neither posh nor pretentious, offers all the amenities of a working man's country club. I arrived early for my 11:15 tee time and decided to get something to eat in the grill. I can safely say the $5.65 breakfast plate was the best breakfast I've had in a while.

The grill/bar area was alive and bustling every time I walked in. There was an energy that was infectious.

The practice range was a bit sketchy, almost as if it had been closed for repairs but people ignored it and hit out there anyway. The grass was knee-high in places and the yardage signs were leaning to one side or another. Very Stephen King-esque.

The course itself was pretty good. There were a few holes that seemed a bit awkward, but otherwise it was a pleasant round. The short par 4 finishing hole left me wanting something a bit more robust, as most players will hit iron off the tee to avoid the pond fronting the green. I must also say that many of the tee boxes had no grass, and in fact were unstable to the footing. I don't know if they were diseased or what happened, but they need to be completely re-sodded.

If I were a local I'd probably play this course frequently just to manage my budget, but it won't make my golf buddies trip list. It just doesn't have the quality or memorability.

Commented On 08/16/2016

Hi u569171624,

Thank you for the great review! We are glad to hear you like the grill and the gold course!

This club is wonderful

I play at 'The Moss' every week. The course is fun, conditions are good for the amount of play and cost, the men's group is fun, the staff is welcoming and enjoyable, and competition is available for all levels. I consider the Moss my second home.

Commented On 07/08/2016

Hi u6474208,

Thank you for the great review! We love that you feel like we are your second home! We can't wait to see you next time!

Excellent value!

This is a great course for all playing levels. Great staff in pro shop. Very polite cart attendants.

Commented On 04/14/2016

Hi rpackert,

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you think the course is great for all levels and the staff is awesome.

Nothing great

Course was in decent shape. Bunkers are inconsistent and greens were fair. The layout is mediocre and some holes are very narrow. Pace of play is typically slow. The range is in bad shape and the clubhouse needs to be renovated. There are much better courses in the area.

Decent

There are much nicer courses in the area however this one is decent. The yardage markers were not great and the traps were distressed but the greens were in fair shape.

Great greens

Overall a very nice course. Tees are a little rough on some holes but very nice otherwise. I had a great day.

Great Condition

Fourth time on this course. Best conditions I have ever seen. Fairways best shape of any course in the Low Country I have played in last six weeks (of course I only play public courses) Only criticism is that the senior tees are a bit neglected compared to the regular tees. Fun day and good test of golf for a bogey golfer.

Featured

Course has everything you want. Great featues

Doglegs left and right. Water that comes into play on numerous holes. Elevation on some of the greens. A very nice playable course from whatever tees you choose based on your handicap.

Quite a Surprise!

We have been to the Charleston area many times but never played Shadowmoss. This time we checked golfnow.com along with my son's recommendation, found this course, booked it, played it, and totally enjoyed it. We will definitely be returning and bringing friends since we only live in the North Myrtle Beach area and it's not a long trip. Lots of interesting holes, great conditions, great greens. We didn't eat there so I can't rate the food but everything else was excellent to us.

Featured

Greast course

This course is Great! It's challenging and fair. The course lay out I great near Bees Ferry! I look forward to my next round!

This is a great course near my home. The greens and fairways are in great condition! Some tee boxes need some grass. The course is challenging but fair! I look forward to my next visit.

Great greens!

Golf course was in average shape with above average greens. Great golf course for the money!

Busy, fun,memorial day weekend

GREAT LITTLE COURSE!!!! PLAYED WITH SOME GREAT GUYS JUST GOT A LITTLE SLOW ON THE BACK NINE.WE EXPECTED THAT DUE TO THE HOLIDAY.GREAT VALUE PRETTY LITTLE COURSE.

First time playing here

Enjoyed the course will be back to play again. Good value give it a try if you have not played here

Course is ok.

Made reservations for afternoon so we could play as twosome.That didn't happen.Didn't know which cart to take,so we took one that wasn't clean.When we came of number 9th hole there were no signs for tenth tee.Had to be careful not to get hit by range balls on tenth tee.Could not find ball on tenth fairway,to many range balls.Didn't want to slow play down searching for ball.Fairways were in pretty good shape.Greens are a little on the poor side.Sand traps were ok.Season is early.

Great Vale

Nice place to play. Well maintained. Greens were fast and fairways were well maintained.

Shadowmoss plantation golf course

I have played this course many time over the years. Staff, course condition and food are always are excellent.

Charleston, South Carolina