Black (W) 72 5511 yards 72.4 119
Scorecard for Shadowmoss Plantation Golf Club
Gold M: 72.3/131 372 359 369 178 541 373 185 533 411 3321 397 411 212 501 369 535 203 362 390 3380 6701
Blue M: 70.6/127 361 350 359 169 533 362 173 506 398 3211 358 395 187 488 339 515 192 341 373 3188 6399
White M: 69.5/121 351 341 348 160 525 351 161 487 385 3109 326 384 167 473 319 501 181 326 343 3020 6129
Red M: 65.5/112 W: 71.0/123 299 289 300 105 471 285 121 408 322 2600 285 351 129 391 253 459 119 301 281 2569 5169

Year Built 1970
Architect Russell Breeden

Bunker No
Golf School Academy No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Avoid until the greens are repaired

This is a lovely course, well designed with many challenging holes and modest green fees. However, almost all of the greens have very large patches of dead grass and/or dirt, which make scoring well virtually impossible. It looks like a combination of the consequences of the winter weather and disease. The course needs to be closed and the greens completely overhauled before I would recommend that anyone play it.
Pace of Play Average
Course Conditions Poor
Course Layout Average

Great Layout - fun course

This course has a challenging but fair layout, plenty of doglegs and water. Tee boxes could use some maturity. Early in the season so maintenance was minimal. Pro shop and club house friendly. Foursome played in 4 hours, needed to allow time due to not being familiar with the course. Would play again if in the area.
Course Layout Excellent
Commented On 04/13/2018
Hi walpole13, We are so glad you came out and played the course. We love to hear that the course was challenging and fair. We hope to see you back soon! Best Wishes, Shadowmoss Plantation Management

Glad I played Here!!!

My family and I make the trip from Greeneville, TN to I.O.P. every year (22 yrs now). This was the first time playing Shadowmoss. I played last Monday (6/19) and had the first tee time. It was an excellent experience for me. Other than the tee boxes being a little rough, I loved the course. The fairways and greens are well taken care of. The staff is the friendliest group of people I have ever met at a golf course. Thanks so much!!!! I will be back!!!!
Off-course amenities Excellent
Course Layout Excellent
Commented On 04/13/2018
Hi glfoster, Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you finally gave the course a shot! We hope to see you back soon! Best Wishes, Shadowmoss Plantation Management

Great choice for the budget-conscious

Shadowmoss is the epitome of a reliable neighborhood public track that caters to die-hard local golfers. The clubhouse, while neither posh nor pretentious, offers all the amenities of a working man's country club. I arrived early for my 11:15 tee time and decided to get something to eat in the grill. I can safely say the $5.65 breakfast plate was the best breakfast I've had in a while. The grill/bar area was alive and bustling every time I walked in. There was an energy that was infectious. The practice range was a bit sketchy, almost as if it had been closed for repairs but people ignored it and hit out there anyway. The grass was knee-high in places and the yardage signs were leaning to one side or another. Very Stephen King-esque. The course itself was pretty good. There were a few holes that seemed a bit awkward, but otherwise it was a pleasant round. The short par 4 finishing hole left me wanting something a bit more robust, as most players will hit iron off the tee to avoid the pond fronting the green. I must also say that many of the tee boxes had no grass, and in fact were unstable to the footing. I don't know if they were diseased or what happened, but they need to be completely re-sodded. If I were a local I'd probably play this course frequently just to manage my budget, but it won't make my golf buddies trip list. It just doesn't have the quality or memorability.
Course Conditions Fair
Course Layout Average
Commented On 08/16/2016
Hi u569171624, Thank you for the great review! We are glad to hear you like the grill and the gold course! We hope to see you back soon! Best Wishes, Shadowmoss Plantation Management

This club is wonderful

I play at 'The Moss' every week. The course is fun, conditions are good for the amount of play and cost, the men's group is fun, the staff is welcoming and enjoyable, and competition is available for all levels. I consider the Moss my second home.
Course Layout Good
Commented On 07/08/2016
Hi u6474208, Thank you for the great review! We love that you feel like we are your second home! We can't wait to see you next time! Best Wishes, Shadowmoss Plantation Management

Excellent value!

This is a great course for all playing levels. Great staff in pro shop. Very polite cart attendants.
Course Layout Good
Commented On 04/14/2016
Hi rpackert, Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you think the course is great for all levels and the staff is awesome. We hope to see you back soon! Best Wishes, Shadowmoss Plantation Management

Nothing great

Course was in decent shape. Bunkers are inconsistent and greens were fair. The layout is mediocre and some holes are very narrow. Pace of play is typically slow. The range is in bad shape and the clubhouse needs to be renovated. There are much better courses in the area.
Staff Friendliness Average
Quality of food & beverage Fair
Pace of Play Fair
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Average

Decent

There are much nicer courses in the area however this one is decent. The yardage markers were not great and the traps were distressed but the greens were in fair shape.
Quality of food & beverage Average
Course Conditions Average

Great greens

Overall a very nice course. Tees are a little rough on some holes but very nice otherwise. I had a great day.
Quality of food & beverage Good

Great Condition

Fourth time on this course. Best conditions I have ever seen. Fairways best shape of any course in the Low Country I have played in last six weeks (of course I only play public courses) Only criticism is that the senior tees are a bit neglected compared to the regular tees. Fun day and good test of golf for a bogey golfer.
Off-course amenities Excellent