1.7
1.7
3 reviews
2 reviews

Year Built 1968

Dress code No Tank Tops or Cutoffs.

I Will NEVER PLAY HERE AGAIN!!!!!

Have to say, I WILL NEVER PLAY HERE AGAIN!!!!! Period............. worst experience I’ve ever had with a place that’s supposed to be a business.

First off the club house is supposed to open at 8:00am and I show up at 8:30 to play and no one is there and the place is locked up with the lights off. Around 9:00’ish an older gentleman comes up on a golf cart. I’m assuming he was inspecting the golf course since we have had a lot of rain the past week.

So my coworker and I go in and as we are paying to play for a round of golf the older gentleman tells use that since they had all of the rain the past week they had to shut down a couple of holes a few days ago but everything was good now and we could play like normal.

So my coworker and I were playing and we were on the front nine and I’m super new to golfing “ this is only my third time playing golf” and my coworker has been playing for 20+ years so he’s been helping me out on my tee shots and stuff. I have a really bad habit of leaving my club face open so I’m hitting the balls to the right which means I’m loosing my balls to the woods off the tee so if I do hit a bad shot I might hit one or 2 more shots at the max just for the practice.

We had a guy on a lawnmower come up to us with one of the worst attitudes for an employee of a business I’ve ever seen and told use that I could only hit one ball per hole as that was there golf course rules. So I explain to the guy that this was only my third time playing and I was still learning but he really didn’t seem to care. Then I find out he was the owner of the course. I understand not hitting more than one ball if you had other people behind you waiting on you to finish a hole but we were the only ones there. So we complied with what he said even though we thought it was ridiculous.

As we came up to the 13th or 14th hole they had a rope up and we figured it was because they shut down a couple of holes from the rain from the week prior and haven’t taken it down yet “since we were told that all the holes were good to play now from the guy at the front desk” we had the same guy come up to use on the mower with an absolute disrespectful attitude telling use to leave his golf course since we went past the ropes. We explained that the guy at the front desk told use that all the holes were good to play now and we figured that they just haven’t removed the ropes yet and the owner said it must of been some miscommunication on his part but we still had to get off his golf course. When my coworker asked if we were going to get a rain check on our game he took even more of an attitude with us and called the cops on us for absolutely no reason at all.

The most absolute waste of time and money I’ve ever experienced. I WILL NEVER GO HERE AGAIN!!! Period... the course was terrible, the up keeping was terrible and the way we were treated was even worse.

If I could give it a negative star review I absolutely would.

Will NEVER PLAY HERE AGAIN!!!!

So my coworker and I go in and as we are paying to play for a round of golf the older gentleman tells us that since they had all of the rain the past week they had to shut down a couple of holes a few days ago but everything was good now and we could play like normal.

We had a guy on a lawnmower come up to use with one of the worst attitudes for an employee of a business I’ve ever seen and told use that I could only hit one ball per hole as that was there golf course rules. So I explain to the guy that this was only my third time playing and I was still learning but he really didn’t seem to care. Then I find out he was the owner of the course. I understand not hitting more than one ball if you had other people behind you waiting on you to finish a hole but we were the only ones there. So we complied with what he said even though we thought it was ridiculous.

If I could give it a negative star review I absolutely would.

Just puzzled

I don't know why or how some of these courses stay open. There are so many problems on so many levels that it might be prudent to shut down and start from scratch. The only good thing that I can say about this course is that the flagsticks and cups were brand new. Maintenance was working on the greens on this day but it would take a couple of years to fix everything.

Darlington, South Carolina
Lamar, South Carolina
Lydia, South Carolina
Hartsville, South Carolina

Valid dates: Nov 15, 2019 - May 31, 2020
Conveniently located 20 minutes from the airport, the new We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center features 246 contemporary guestrooms and suites designed with Native American traditions, bold Southwestern cuisine at Ahnala Restaurant, luxurious spa treatments and salon services at the Amethyst Spa and a spacious heated outdoor pool with two whirlpools.
From $1900