The Plantation Course at Edisto

Year Built 1973
Architect Tom Jackson (1973)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Available Sports

Tennis

Spectacular shape!

This course is in spectacular shape!! One of the best I have played in the last 3-4 years (minus private clubs)!
I ended up playing by myself with the 1st tee time of the day. 2.5 hours for 18 holes was just awesome! It was very hot and humid (heat index 108) that day. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I will play this course again.

Beautiful

I’m very partial to this course as my family has vacationed at Edisto most of my life. It’s a beautiful course and is always in wonderful shape. Short and narrow and rewards accuracy. Great mix of holes (straight, doglegs, forced carries, etc.) Water and OB on almost every hole. Wish I was able to play it more than I do. Staff is very nice and appreciative. Restaurant (Ella & Ollie’s) beside the course is fantastic! Can’t wait to go back, wish it wasn’t 5 hours away.

2018 Vacation Golf

The Plantation course was in excellent condition. The fairways were tight in most places and very challenging while the greens were well maintained and fun to play. The weather was extremely hot, but the occasional breeze came at the right time. The starter for each day was knowledgeable and we were allowed to start our final round of the week on the back nine assuring us a quick round, even for a threesome.
My only complaint is the lack of water on the course. Each day we had a cart bring complimentary water only once during a 18 hole stint in 90+ degree weather with even higher heat indexes. Providing water coolers throughout the course should be achievable.My home course provides this in a much milder Kentucky climate.

You Will Like The Corse

Staff excellent. Cart guys wonderfull. Greens very good but different type grass. Weird name from Univ of Georgia. Smooth and receptive. Fairways Bermuda and just turning green. Water hazards on ever hole. Great layout. Be careful on 14 landing area off the tee is essential. Played on Sunday around 10:30 not crowded at all. Fun course eazy to score if you keep it out of trouble. Saw one gator sunning on number one to the left toward the houses about 8/10 feet long. Worth the trip to edisto.

Great course, great shape

The course has a lot of water and well bunkered greens. It's not really that long but you do need to hit the ball straight. I got a discounted rate because a group of 20 from my club went to play. The usual rate of $65.00 is a little pricey for my tastes but that doesn't mean that the course wasn't worth it. It's tucked away in a little coastal resort town and if you can find it and have the money you won't be disappointed.

Extremely welcoming, course OK

The course is being improved - several areas had been patched but the grass not yet blended in. Mainly in good condition. (We played mid March, which probably explains the unfinished repairs)

The wind makes this quite a challenging course in places.

We were able to play at our own pace, no holdups at all. We played three rounds here and finished in under four hours each time.

Pro shop staff are extremely friendly and made us feel very welcome. We were actually introduced to several members during our stay. Pro shop prices are very reasonable - no price gouging here.

The only issue is that Edisto Beach is so far from anywhere, maybe an hour drive from Charleston.

Fripp Island, South Carolina