Pointe Golf Club, The

1 reviews

Scorecard for Pointe
Gold M: 70.0/126 528 429 194 347 339 454 151 459 361 3262 537 179 348 372 152 353 377 144 619 3081 6343
Blue M: 68.2/121 493 397 188 330 325 386 137 447 346 3049 512 163 344 350 125 328 347 137 556 2862 5911
White M: 65.6/111 433 372 186 289 308 349 116 422 316 2791 483 134 328 312 114 301 325 125 513 2635 5426
Red W: 67.8/117 415 350 95 268 266 317 105 398 291 2505 462 122 219 277 100 286 296 112 483 2357 4862

Year Built 1995
Greens Bentgrass
Architect Russell Breeden

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in North Carolina (2016 #15)

Well, the greens were nice.

And the fellow in the pro shop was friendly. The layout is mainly pedestrian with a few nice holes on back. For the most part wide open so nice change from the OBX layouts. Not really memorable in any way

Brutal greens

The course is very short, decent layout, the greens were absolutely brutal. Tee to green the course was in okay shape, the greens were full of ball marks, long crab grass patches, and other marks, making it very difficult to putt. The practice facility was solid, nice range and short game area. This would be a solid $30 course.

Always a good time.

I'm a 10 rounds a year golfer. I really enjoy this course. It's a fair test. If you hit towards trouble, there's plenty of trouble. The owner and staff are top notch. I always stay in Corolla and the Point is worth the drive.

Go The Distance

If you have the opportunity to play The Pointe, do it. It's a pleasant experience, challenging, and just fun. We actually played

There 3 times while on vacation, and look forward to next year to play there again. The staff is great, and the hot dogs are hot. So if you can play there

Too soon after greens were aerated

The usually superb greens were just aerated and were not up to par at all. We still had a very nice day and will certainly return

Good vaca course

The staff couldn't have been more friendly, pace of play was good, the course is nice and open and it was in pretty good shape especially after a huge storm earlier in the week. Glad i played it, but I'd definitely look for a deal on golf now if I were to play it again.

Great place to play from beginner on up!!

This is one of my favorite courses to play while in the outer banks. It has a great layout and the course is always in great shape. It is one of the few courses in the area that has a driving range as well as a chipping green and sand trap to hit out of as well. They also have some really good food inside. Will be golfing there again!!

Course took much rain night before playing. Shortened #10 to par 3.

Overall 4 rating as course was wet and greens had many ball marks and some crabgrass. Open layout, short, made for vacationers. Carolina Club, sister club, was in better shape only 2 days prior.

Good vacation course!

This is a resort area course and it gets lots of play. The greens were showing the stress the day we played. It is a bit exspensive, but in their defense they are competitive with the other area courses!

As an aside, if you are looking for golf shoes, the pro shop frequently has great deals.

Steve8246042
Commented On 08/09/2017

Played 8/8/17 for $5.00 through GolfNow. We knew this price had to be a mistake,but we booked it anyway. When we got to the course the pro told me my credit card was on hold. He said, " come on guys you can't play a mini golf course for $5." Like we were 4 morons and didn't realize that. After some discussion we played for the $5 green fees. He was not at all happy about it. It was not our mistake although he treated us as if it were. Loved the course. Great fairways, some tees were not great and greens had many ball marks. The other people in the pro shop and the starter were great. Great food, cold beer.

Nice outing at the OBX

We have played this course before. For the money it is a good value and one of our go-to courses when we come to the Outer Banks.

The course is wide and plays well for all skill levels. The rough is tough (keep it on the short grass)!

Overall, this course is well-kept. The greens are not fast but they are well maintained. I've never encountered this course in bad shape.

The starter was knowledgeable and friendly and got us off to a fast start. The pace of play was great.

There isn't too much water in play on the course but good shot making is still rewarded.

Great fair resort course

I've played the Pointe many times and relay enjoy the layout and condition. There are some challenging holes, but overall it's a fair play. The staff is always friendly. Overall a great experience. I will play there again!

Poor customer service

My husband and family played there on Monday and got rained out of 9 holes. The course gave them a rain check. They went back on Wednesday to play their second nine holes and each player had to pay an additional $8 even though they had already payed for 18 holes on Monday. I understand if you only choose to play 9 holes it is more expensive, but they chose 18 and unfortunately it rained. The golf course should have truly honored their rain check. Very disappointing!!! I would suggest that people play at Duck Country Club when in town. They are very nice and will honor any raincheck in full, anytime!!!

ThePointe
Commented On 06/27/2017

Thank you for the feedback on your recent experience with us. We value your opinion and are truly sorry that your family had a disappointing experience at our facility. We do not take a report like this lightly, as we take pride in providing a great experience for all our guests on a daily basis. After careful review of the situation, we found that our staff did indeed made a mistake with our rain check policy, and your group should not have been charged any additional fees in redeeming their 9-hole rain check. We will certainly use this as an opportunity to improve the training of our staff. If you will allow us a mulligan, please call or email our golf shop (through our website) with your contact information, and someone from our management team will be in touch with you regarding a solution to meet your satisfaction. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a great experience. Thanks, and we look forward to having you back at The Pointe!

Must play

Great course, very helpful and friendly staff a must play.

Ive golfed all over the country and this is one of the best public courses I've ever played, staff was welcoming and friendly upon arrival and the course was in perfect condition. I will probably be an annual player here for the rest of my life

Wet

My day was wet and very windy but the course was in great shape. Short track but a lot of fun and the greens were fantastic. Greenside bar and grill was also excellent after the round.

Powells Point, North Carolina