Hidden Valley Country Club

2.6

Hidden Valley Golf Club
Yellow 72 5471 yards 66.0 98
Scorecard for Hidden Valley
Blue M: 72.5/130 361 468 358 202 450 426 527 246 346 3384 499 374 434 404 116 383 517 220 426 3373 6757
White M: 70.7/127 342 457 338 193 433 408 496 209 319 3195 478 358 413 389 93 366 474 204 409 3184 6379
Yellow M: 66.5/116 297 435 267 114 349 350 458 154 276 2700 429 333 341 318 80 342 450 142 336 2771 5471
Red W: 67.9/113 256 373 261 109 314 345 406 125 222 2411 395 318 305 274 56 297 344 95 280 2364 4775

Year Built 1963
Architect Russell Breeden (1963)

Oldie but goodie

It was nice to play this course again and glad to see it is improving from my last time played last year. The fairways were nice and green with grass, but they could've used a cut. The greens were receptive and rolled nice. Some of the greens did have some issues with crabgrass, but it didn't effect the roll. The bunkers had some nice sand and got out nicely from them, but needed to be raked and dressed up a bit. All in all I enjoyed this round and told my friends of the nice improvements there. Look forward to coming back later.

Response from Hidden Valley Country Club on 10/15/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Cheap fun

Not the nicest course but for $14, you really get what you pay for. Amazingly, most greens were in amazing condition. Almost zero sand on the greens but tons of weeds. Fairways were............. not really existent. Some teeboxes were fine. Super friendly staff. Decently challenging course, accounting for the conditions

Response from Hidden Valley Country Club on 10/09/2018:
Hello, on behalf of Hidden Valley Country Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Fairways terrible.

It was a cow pasture on the fairways and a lot of hard pan. Staff was super friendly !

Response from Hidden Valley Country Club on 09/17/2018:
Hello Samuel, on behalf of Hidden Valley Country Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Wet Conditions and Hot

Played with my father early in the morning. After all the rain, the course was very soft and receptive. Tee boxes were in good shape for the most part. Fairways needed to be mowed, but couldn't because of so much rain the week before (We played lift-clean-and-place bc of soggy turf). Fridge was in great shape. Greens rolled truer than I expected (still didn't make a lot of putts though - not the courses fault ha). Greens also accepted approach shots well with minimal roll-out if you spin it some or hit it high. As the sun got higher, they began to dry out as expected. Warning: Don't hit it in the bunkers! Most were filled with water and had compacted sand.

Off the tee, the course demands quality tee shots. Luckily the rough isn't too thick so if you do push one right or have the occasional duck-hook, you'll be able to make a strong approach. #7 is still in poor shape and may need a buried pipe or two before the issue is resolved. Tons of elevation change and dog legs, so be prepared for a challenge!

Worth the $18/player but wouldn't pay more than$25 until improvements are made.

Overall, I was pleased and will probably go back in the fall when it cools down.

Response from Hidden Valley Country Club on 08/22/2018:
Thank you for golfing with us and for taking the time to leave us with a review. We are happy to see that you recommend the course, and we look forward to having you back again sometime soon. Hopefully, mother nature can cooperate so the course will be in tip-top shape again. In the meantime, our staff will keep working hard to keep the course in check. We always look to improve and welcome any more feedback that you might have.

Improved

Lots is recent rain has improved fairways and greens at Hidden Valley. Still rough on some holes but better than rounds earlier this summer. Still a good place to play with good prices on Golf Now Hot Deals. Never crowded so you can play without waiting on holes

Response from Hidden Valley Country Club on 08/07/2018:
Hello, thank you for sharing your review. We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at Hidden Valley Country Club and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

Good greens - Great value

From reading some of the other reviews, I was expecting something far worse. Is it perfect? No. There are some erosion issues on #7 and #9, but the rest of the course is in pretty good shape. It is better than when I played it in May. The greens were in good shape, which is better than I can say for most of the other area courses. I love the layout of this course. It is very challenging and has some huge elevation changes that demand precision tee shots. The staff is very friendly and the course is coming along nicely. Sure, there is room for improvement, but it is well worth the $18 I paid to play it. I’ll certainly go back.

Better than expected - greens are solid

This is the 3rd time I’ve played here this summer and it continues to come around. The greens are in good shape and roll true. The fairways continue to come in. I’ve read some varying reviews on this course and feel like some folks are being a bit harsh. Is it perfect? No. Are there some tee boxes that are spotty? Yes. And yes, #7 and #9 continue to have problems with erosion. But play these spots as ground under repair and make it work. You will not find a better value for the money around Columbia. The layout is very challenging and is just a fun course to try and get around. The staff is very friendly. If you’ve never played there, spend the $18 and give it a chance. But if you play poorly, don’t blame the grass. 6765 yds 72.1/127 from the tips with some huge elevation changes and ample woods and water to eat wayward shots offer quite the test.

Response from Hidden Valley Country Club on 08/08/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. On behalf of all of our staff here at Hidden Valley, we appreciate the feedback. We will keep working to have the course in shape, and we will keep striving to provide great experiences for our customers. Thank you for recommending our course, and we hope to have you back again sometime soon.

Extremely Disappointed

Never one of my favorites, but back 9 has some pretty views of Columbia. But yesterday was the worst condition ever played. Tee boxes not maintained, and crabgrass knee high in fairways ?and throughout course. Greens speed consistent and were in pretty good shape.

Response from Hidden Valley Country Club on 07/20/2018:
Thank you for golfing at Hidden Valley Country Club and for the feedback. We apologize that the course conditions did not meet expectations. We are going to keep working to have the course in shape, and we hope you will be able to see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us.

Good golf experience

Need work in fairways, especially hole #7. Other players have also complained & some even skip this hole due to its condition.

Stay away

I play a lot of golf in Columbia. Many of the courses are still recovering from winterkill on the greens, etc. That being said, Hidden Valley must be the worst course in Columbia. The tea boxes are awful. The greens are sub par and the fairways are spotty at best. The greens fees were really low, however I would still recommend staying away from this course. If you are at all a serious golfer this is not the place for you.

Response from Hidden Valley Country Club on 07/09/2018:

Get what you pay for

Very affordable but mayb needs to be cheaper than the $19 I paid. Greens horrible and so were the fairways...and the rough...and the sand. Drinking water cold and all over so that was good...

Response from Hidden Valley Country Club on 07/06/2018:
Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry that the course conditions did not meet your expectations, but we hope that you still enjoyed your day out there. Thank you for the feedback, and our staff will keep working to have the course in shape.

Fun course

Parkland style course with some challenging slope on the back nine

Great value for a "hidden" gem

Course was 1000x better than I expected. Greens are in decent shape overall, a few have rough patches but we are in early stages of a brutal summer following a brutal winter and I would expect to find the same at most public courses in our area. Superintendent was extremely friendly and eager to hear our feedback on the course. I have already recommended it to friends.

Improving

Played there a month ago and course has improved some. Really hot in SC so not many golfers there. I like to practice there and had no one in front or behind me. Greens are improving but most still have dead spots. Fairways are coming. Off fairways can be an adventure.

Response from Hidden Valley Country Club on 06/22/2018:

You get what you pay for.

This is a poorly conditioned course. Not many players. I go there to practice and hit lots of balls on a course rather than a driving range. Most greens right now have dead spots. Fairways are hard with little plush grass. It’s inexpensive and never a crowd when I have played there. The staff is always accommodating and friendly. No real snack bar food.

Response from Hidden Valley Country Club on 06/11/2018:

Excellent Value

I played this course for the first time ever today and I read the reviews about the course and were a bit weary since some reviews said the course was in poor condition. However, after my round I was very pleased with the value I had received. The course is not in excellent condition, but for the regular golfer, I had few complaints. The rates for this course are extremely generous and I truly enjoyed my time. The closing hole is a very nice way to close out the round. I will be coming back soon!

Disaster

I would not recommend this course, it is a disaster. Fairways are mostly dead grass and sand. Greens very rough. Sorry but it is a cow pasture. It used to be very nice a few years ago. Don't understand how it got so bad. From 1 to 10 it is a -9. Really a shame whats happened to such a beautiful golf course.

Response from Hidden Valley Country Club on 05/25/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the condition of the course. We value your feedback and will be passing this along to our staff. We still hope that you enjoyed your round, and we hope to see you soon.
Lexington, South Carolina