Hidden Valley Golf Club

Year Built 1963
Architect Russell Breeden (1963)

Bar, Snacks, Beverage Carts

Good for practice

The setting for the course is lovely. It’s inexpensive. The staff is exceptionally friendly. The greens were in decent condition, though there are a few that need some serious TLC. Some of the fairways are washed out, with giant trenches encroaching on the field of play. The 7th hole was virtually unplayable because of those trenches. On the whole, this is a decent place if you’re just looking to practice mid-iron shots and chipping/pitching, or if you’re trying to teach a new player how to play. It’s fine for a laid back day with some friends. If you’re looking for a serious test of golf, though, there are many courses in the area that are superior to this.

Commented on 09/01/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Hidden Valley Country Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

I enjoyed starting in the valley and moving to higher ground with nice view over the trees

Short but challenging

Hidden Valley is a course that needs a lot of TLC, and it appears the owner is striving to provide that. Lots of potential to be a really fun course. Most of the greens are in good shape. Some of the fairways need work, but seem to be under repair. So, maybe down the road, this will be a course worthy of a $30-$35 fee. Right now, though, it is a $20 course, and no more. For that price, I’m willing to return here on occasion as a part of my rotation.

Some of the views are fantastic and the layout is ideal for someone who doesn’t drive it a mile but still enjoys a fun challenge. Again, great potential. I hope they reach it.

Commented on 08/11/2020

The staff was great, very helpful and friendly. But the reason for my low rating is the course itself was in pretty rough shape. The greens were OK, but everything else was disappointing. Fairways are not well maintained and clearly had not been cut in several days maybe weeks, and even the first cut of rough had a lot of out of control growth that made it very difficult if you missed the fairway. Tee boxes were also in bad shape, and cart paths are really rough. I guess you get what you pay for and for the money it's a good value and like I said the staff was great and make it worthwhile to come back, and the course conditions improve I'd give it another shot.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hello, Rob. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Hidden Valley Country Club.

This course is always improving

Course was in the best shape today since I started playing there 8 years ago. All new carts since my last round Last year. Great staff!

Course looking good.

Course has come in well. Bunkers need some work. Senior tees still need more grass and to be leveled. Had a fun round and will be back.

Getting better

Fairways look better than they have in a while. Tee boxes too. Some of the greens needs some work. Always enjoy playing HV!

Looking much better.

The course is looking the best it has in a long time. Not perfect but certainly playable. Hoping one day they will level the tee boxes (yellow tees). No. 7 still needs a redesign. I will be back.

Hidden Valley

This a good course. The grass conditions could be better, putting greens need some work.

Plays Twice a year

Tight course, weird conditions

First time playing those course. Entire staff was very friendly. Conditions were weird... some holes were in great shape and others were wiped out. One fairway in particular, #7 I think, was a minefield. But good value for the money. It wasn’t my favorite course layout but I’d play again for the value.

Commented on 08/24/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Oldie but goodie

Good course to just get out and work on game. It has come a long way and is improving. Greens are nice except for one or two that have some spots. Fairways are growing grass except for #7 which is an ongoing project. Bunkers are well kept and like having your own rake in the new carts. Nice touch. A good value with golfnow or without. Love the deal $19 for round and 3 beers. Go check them out.

Improving

I’ve been going to this course for a while before I’ve written this review. It is always improving. The course itself is forgiving and a bit challenging. The greens still need work but the owners have really stepped up their maintenance. I have really noticed a marked improvement on the greens and the course in general. Love the new carts. The concession area is still very lacking. Not sure what can be done but maybe an agreement with a microwaveable sandwich company. The kinda warm hot dogs and so so chili has been a deterrent for eating at the clubhouse.

Getting Better

Although not quite there, the course has soon good improvement from a few months ago. A majority of the greens where in good shape and were a little quick. No. 7 just needs a redesign if it is to get better. I'll be back and hope the improvements continue.

Plays Twice a year

For the price you pay to play its not bad. Be aware there are hardly any cart paths and you will get slammed around if not careful. Gets very annoying. Greens are in okay shape. Some are better than others. Staff is great. Great place to play if you are new or just picked it back up. You get what you pay for. I will continue to play Hidden Valley, it can be a fun course with a little bit of a challenge.

Commented on 08/22/2019

Hello, BuckNut13105. Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing Hidden Valley Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Lots of potential

The course lay out was actually interesting. Some of the fairways and greens look like no one has paid any attention to them in over a month then some of the other fairways and greens are very well taken care of. In the end it was what we expected for the price.

Commented on 08/14/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 07/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

West Columbia, South Carolina