Year Built 1995
Architect Willard Byrd

Best Course in the area, especially for the price. Many different tees for different skill levels and age groups. Its quite long from the back tees exceeding 7000 yards, great conditions year round.

Virginia Advisor

Great shape

The course was in great shape in the midst of the North Carolina hear wave last month. Still one of the best values in the area. The staff is very friendly and inviting. I bring my family here when they come visit from out of town because of the all around design and conditions here throughout the year. Keep up the great work Bayonet!

Solid Course

The course was in very good shape. Tee boxes were repaired and clean. Fairways were cut and green and in very very good shape. The difference between the fairway and rough is visible. Bunkers were in ok shape, but haven't been touched very much. Overall this is a fun course and it makes you think through most of the shots. Not every shot can be mindless. The greens rolled pretty true but slow. The biggest problem with the course is the green. I assume the members never even think about repairing a divot. With each putt I had to repair probably 2-3 divots that hadn't been touched. The older gentleman is pretty stand offish in the pro shop but that's not a bug deal. The course is fun, even from the tips you will hit probably 5-6 irons off the tee bc of some ditches and shortness of the holes. The layout is good though, no boringness to any hole. All in all a good experience and worth $40.

Commented on 07/27/2016

Thank you for the great feedback LouisianaGolfer. We take great pride in our golf course and feel we have the best course conditions in the area. With the recent record heat wave our maintenance team had no choice but to keep the grass a little longer on our Bentgrass greens to ensure we can keep them alive. Good news is they do still roll true as you mentioned. Our greens will pick up speed early September and will be in the 10-11 on the stimpmeter by that time.

In regards to one of our staff members being stand offish: I appreciate you bringing that to our attention. We believe in the Southern culture and we strive to offer that type of hospitality while you are here with us. We do care to hear about your experience and hope to hear more feedback from you in the future. Hope to see you back out here at Bayonet soon!

Justin Malone
Head Golf Professional

Virginia Advisor

Good value

I have played here many times over the years as I live in the area so maybe that makes me a little biased. The greens are always in good shape and rolling well. I personally like the layout as it uses the natural surroundings well. If you walk it is long from hole to hole. The value for the area is good to excellent in my opinion. I have to say that I have never played on a weekend though so I cannot comment on the pace of play during these times. They give you 5 tee choices to pick from so I am not sure why some have complained about the length of the course. As others have noted there are Par 4s that do not require driver every time and I personally like that you have to think about club choice off the tee. For me worth the value in the Sandhills area.

Good course, NOT as good as the reviews

I read great review after great review. For a course to get 4.5 stars out of 5 it better be amazing. It was a good course but no where near 4.5 stars. The practice facility is ok but does not transfer to the course at all. Tee boxes were good and greens were good and fast but tons of weeds in the fairway. It says on the scorecard that the course doesn't get old because no hole is the same. most of the holes are dead straight and short though. Pace of play was pretty bad. On the first tee, the course seems like its gonna be pretty good, the first hole is the best it gets. Study the course map because you will need to know not to hit driver on a couple par 4s i think 7 and 8. #9 is a great great hole. For $35 its worth it but thats it. If you can hit straight shots you can demolish this course. If you drive the ball well then play from the back tees otherwise the course is extremely short. If you can shape shots then the par 5s are reachable with 7-8 irons from the back. Crab grass is everywhere. I dunno if there are members at the course but if you're behind groups of 4 they won't even acknowledge you. You'll never pass. It was a windy day and the round was good though.

Mediocre and extremely slow

I read review after review of Bayonet and how great it is, I decided to try it out and spend more than my usual $25 on golf now. I was pretty disappointed in bayonet. The website makes it seem like a great course. At the first tee everything is positive, looks great. The first hole is a par 4 that i played from the back tees. It never occurred to me it was a par 5 though. I hit driver 9 iron. That was basically the end of the positives. Most of the hole are straight away short par 4s with zero creativity. And the pace of play was insanely slow. But one group of 4 older men shooting about 700 combined lining up every shot like its the masters wouldn't let anyone through. I didn't eat there so I don't know about the food but it wasn't worth $35. Bayonet and Kings grant are the same. I would rather big boy golf. Practice facilities are ok. Best in the area that I've sren which isn't much.

Just Awesome

I have played at Bayonet twice, each time was fantastic. The course is in excellent shape from the T boxes to the greens. The greens are perfect, they roll fast and true. This course is made for a shot shaper, not many straight holes. I wish I had started playing here earlier since I am about to leave the area.

Serenity at its best

The surrounding area is beautiful which makes even the worst games memorable. You start with a par 5, but its manageable and doesn't get any worse from there. Some tricky par 4s lie in wait, with an over water green here and there. Makes you place your ball instead of just hit it. Definitely worth the time and money to play.

Raeford, North Carolina
Hope Mills, North Carolina
Vass, North Carolina
Aberdeen, North Carolina

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.