Crowfield Golf & Country Club

1 reviews

Green (W) 72 4752 yards 70.3 118
Scorecard for Crowfield Golf & Country Club
Black M: 74.5/140 396 528 393 175 406 419 513 196 421 3447 425 495 446 158 409 410 195 409 611 3558 7005
Blue M: 72.7/136 346 510 366 153 382 392 503 180 407 3239 399 485 431 148 386 386 189 373 583 3380 6619
White M: 71.1/132 342 500 349 137 358 381 485 163 391 3106 378 471 408 134 376 384 172 357 529 3209 6315
Gold M: 67.7/126 W: 73.0/129 307 441 324 119 308 341 424 129 339 2732 338 389 370 98 356 364 152 322 474 2863 5595
Green M: 63.2/115 W: 68.4/116 272 379 245 105 276 249 353 105 286 2270 287 336 322 88 294 271 100 199 396 2293 4563

Year Built 1989
Architect Bob Spence

Dress code No denim, no T-shirts.

Horrible greens

I've played this course in the past many times and I've never seen the greens in such terrible condition! I could not believe they charged so much to play on greens like that. I will not be playing this course ever again.

Best Value in the Lowcountry

An enjoyable layout with friendly forward tees for juniors and my spouse. Great walking rate and they take care of Military on occasion. Thanks guys!

Course condition update

This spring & early summer, the course has been redoing most of the bunkers. That renovation is over half done. Some bunkers were totally removed. There are a few bunkers that are considered GUR (marked by red stakes in the bunker) and free drops from the bunker are allowed.

The greens got off to a rough start this spring, but finally came around. They were rolling good today (July 8th).

Be advised... Monday, July 10th, green aerification will begin, so it might be a week or so before they rebound.

dvetteme
Commented On 07/10/2017

Although the greens were rough back in the early spring, they are near perfect now. Rolling true and looking great. The removal and downsizing of many bunkers makes play faster and easier for many mid-high handicap golfers. I have been playing here for years and the course never looked so good or played so well. Way to go Crowfield Team.

Normally my favorite but not lately

I love the layout and overalll playability. Lately the greens are in awful shape. I haven't played in about two months but I played with a member at another course and he said they are still in bad shape.

Nice course for the money

Definitely worth a short drive from Charleston. Overall a fun course and even though the greens were a little sandy, they were true and not terribly slow. Decent amount of water and bunkers but not too hard off the tee, although most greens are very small and a few were ridiculous. Also a couple of fairways with mounding right in the landing area, which makes no sense to me, hit a great drive had a horrible stance. Good range and practice areas. I would recommend playing here.

Plesant Surprise

On a golf trip to Charleston we decided to play a course we had never seen. At $42 we were curious what we would get.

The course was excellent and challenging. Conditions were great and the greens were rolling superb.

Some really interesting and undulating greens as well as some really well thought out holes made this course a pleasant surprise and will be added to the yearly rotation.

Wasn't expecting much based on the range, putting green and pro shop...don't judge a book by its cover I guess.

Nice Sunday afternoon golf

Walked the afternoon round - not the easiest walking course but I'm a longtime hoofer so if you're used to walking, it's not that bad of a walk. Few moguls/rolling hills.

Greens are still coming around after the renovation so manage your expectations. I'd say rolling at around 8 or 9. Fairways are going to be dormant grass this time of the year, but surprisingly it was mowed fairly tight. Divots came off pretty shallow. Bunkers are poor, this course is known for it.

In any case, I always have a good time at Crowfield and its sister course Pine Forest. I wouldn't say both courses are very challenging but I have seen many weekend warriors go thru a dozen balls easy.

New Greens---excellent

I have played this track a bunch. The re-do on the greens were awesome....they nailed it. Fairways were perfect as well. Great experience

Great Experience

Undulating greens, forced carry, blind tee shots, total challenge for all your shots. Closest you can come to a TPC course without the price.

Greens need work

Fairways, tee boxes, and bunkers were in great shape but the greens were awful. Very sandy and putted like concrete. Hole markers everywhere and bare spots galore. These greens need some work to get this course back up to par.

Fun course!

Very friendly staff, nice course, great value! Course was in good shape. We played early April. Fairways in great shape, however greens could have been in better shape. All in all still nice. I would most definitely return for a game or two the next time I am in town.

A Day on the Course

Great Value, Great Course. Prices reasonaable at the pro shop and at the restaurant

Great day

I have played Crowfield on several occasions and always thought the course was exceptional. The fairways and tee box areas are in great shape and the greens firm and fast. Pace of play was awesome for the first nine but slowed a bit on the back. We still finished in 4:15; I'll take that any day! The only complaint I'll ever have about Crowfield is, you can be in the center of the fairway and have a side / uphill/downhill lie. Not the case on every hole but definitely on some. Regardless - the course is great especially considering the greens fees are some of the lowest around!

Really fun.

Visiting family and hit the course for the first time. Play it safe and smooth sailing but when does that EVER happen in the game of golf. Lol. The course was beautiful. Rolling hills bunkers and plenty of right and left turns. A wonderful adventure that I'd recommend to everyone. I really wish it was closer to home. I'll be back the first chance I get!!!!

Not customer friendly

We were a 3some and got to course early, used the putting greens and proceeded to tee box. No one had tee'd off for 30 minutes prior so we proceeded to the tee box. Starter came up and said "since you used golfnow, you can't tee off until your exact tee time" another golfnow 3some also had to wait before us. Les in the office told us if we paid full rate we could tee off at anytime. What? That's why we use Golfnow, is to save some money. Starter harrassed us the entire round

CrowfieldGolfClub
Commented On 04/04/2015

Thank you for your feedback. The tee time you booked was specifically reserved for 12:50 pm with the gentleman that posted the review below as a group of 3. It is our policy to hold the hot deal of the day to its designated tee time. While on the course, my ranger observed your group with the carts off the path around the greens twice. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to call the Head Golf Professional Rob Brock to discuss the matter in more detail.

great golf

I enjoyed the challenge of the course. There were a few gotcha holes but when I play it again I will have a strategy to better my score. The Ranger gave me a few tips on how to play certain holes. Big help.

Hole in 1 on 13

We had a lot of fun playing this course! I have played about 6 or 7 courses in the area and this is my favorite so far. My cousin hit a hole in one on the 13th hole! There are a lot of large sand traps, but not too much water to avoid.

Tough but fun

Greens and fairways in great shape. Tight fairways require controlled drives and iron shots.

Excellent layout!

Course was in great shape, pace was going great until we started the back 9 but overall a good experience.

Lots of character, best course off of Kiawah Island.

If you like a challenge and enjoy course management you'll love this course. If it's your first time, drive ahead to get a look at your next shot. Shot placement is everything here. This one of the best, affordable courses in the area.

Goose Creek, South Carolina