The Preserve at Verdae

The Preserve at Verdae sprawls across a lush landscape of rolling hills and meadows covered with beautiful Carolina forests. Formerly known as Verdae Greens, the golf course was completely revamped but one of the primary goals of the renovation was to find harmony between golf and nature. The carefully reworked course does just that, blending seamlessly into its scenic surroundings. Rambling brooks wander across the layout and provide water hazards on a few holes. The wind is also a major factor on this golf course. The breezes can be either light and refreshing or strong and blustery, making proper club selection even more important. The most photographed hole on the golf course is the par-3 second. If you're lucky enough to come when the azaleas are blooming, this hole offers a breathtaking setting.
The Preserve at Verdae Golf Club
Scorecard for The Preserve At Verdae
Black M: 73.9/143 360 155 458 437 536 229 435 421 540 3571 468 215 369 435 541 175 340 392 515 3450 7021
Blue M: 72.2/137 355 144 425 410 525 218 420 414 497 3408 443 188 363 419 530 169 335 380 499 3326 6734
White M: 70.3/125 W: 75.9/141 305 115 400 384 492 192 382 385 461 3116 400 156 341 360 515 145 315 357 475 3064 6180
Gold M: 67.1/122 W: 72.2/134 302 96 370 327 438 156 288 340 410 2727 368 145 302 326 483 118 270 313 442 2767 5494
Red M: 64.4/118 W: 69.4/124 274 75 367 323 420 115 262 310 395 2541 340 112 260 317 413 110 250 303 376 2481 5022

Year Built 1991
Fairways Bermuda Gras
Greens Mini-Verde Bermuda Grass
Architect Willard Byrd (1991) JMP Golf Design Group (1991)

Golf Simulator Yes

Single Allowed No
Dress code Course dress code is collared shirts (mock neck shirts acceptable), no jeans, denim or cut off shorts.

Entertaining Clients 18

Great challenging course

It was really cold when we went which was the only down side. The course had very challenging holes and awesome staff.

Challenging layout but beautiful course

This was my second time at The Preserve and I really enjoyed coming back. It’s a challenge but rewards keeping the ball in the fairway. The greens are consistent all the way around. Traps in great shape in feb!! Check it out.

Over sold

Today was the best the weather was to be for the next 10 days so there were plenty of people wanting to play golf, but it was obvious they over sold their booking for the day. It took 3 1/2 hrs to play 9 holes. There was no marshals to speed up the slow players. We paid for 18, but asked for a rain check after 9 holes. We got our rain check and will look forward to going back under different conditions.

Also don’t ever try to play with just 3 people. They always add a 4th even if it means delaying your tee time.

The Preserve at Verdae
Commented On 2019-01-31T16:50:58.000+00:00

Hello, and thank you for reviewing our course, The Preserve at Verdae. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark in regards to our pace of play on the day of your visit. We hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, and we hope to provide a better experience when you join us again.

Wet

Staff was great. The course is not built for rain. Poor drainage. Otherwise a nice course. The starter was a very knowledgeable person and friendly throughout the round.

Great course!

Course a little wet with all the rain. Bridge rebuilt at no 3. Always a challenging course! One of best courses in the upstate.

Muddy

Cart path only. Wet, soppy and muddy. Interesting layout. FAST greens. Will come back when in SC.

One of my Favorites

Living northeast of Atlanta, this course is only a 1 hour, 40 minute drive from my house. I had only played here twice before Saturday, but wanted to bring a few buddies up to play.

The layout is challenging but loads of fun. Tight fairways and trees add to the challenge of a course that has blind tee shots and hazards protecting greens and crossing fairways. The greens were rolling very well, and were both fast and receptive.

The only complaints were that the grill was closed and the pace was a little slower than we liked, (we still played in 4 hours, 45 minutes). Cart path only added to the time because of the rains on Friday. Major kudos to the GCS and their staff for the playing conditions on Saturday.

Would definitely play this course again. Three times is not nearly enough!

Tough

We were in town for a wedding and because it took us 2 1/2 hours to finish the back 9, we had to leave when we made the turn so we wouldn't be rushed getting to the rehearsal dinner later that night. It's a tough course with fairways a little on the narrow side, very hilly and a fair amount of water.

Great value on a challenging course.

First time playing at The Preserve at Verdae. Beautiful setting close to town and the interstate. Mature vegitation, some water and sand to negotiate, and a little wildlife like turkey and deer.

Course condition was very good, holes and layout were challenging, and licals were friendly. About as goid as it gets for public golf in the south!

Best Value

Always great stuff!!

When you schedule on GN and get a great rate it’s the best value in Greenville!! No question!

New Verdae

The golf course is well maintained. The creek beds are overgrown to the point that if you hit a ball in there, it's gone. No problem, just don't do it.

Very enjoyable.

Best value in Greenville

If you reserve late on Golfnow you get Ruths Chris golf for McDonald’s price.

Fairways and greens are almost perfect.

Greens are quick and pending on pin placement they can be tough. But they are consistent. Challenging course and you will use all your clubs. It’s the first place I look up and will play every time on the Hot Deal. Not a better deal anywhere.

A round to remember

I used to be a member of The Preserve at Verdae for several years but canceled it once they were having some major renovations to the drainage on the course. Just after that they had started to grow out the rough areas calling them ‘native areas’ in order to conserve water and change the look. I didn’t like that at all.

Since the BMW pro am was held at the course last year I have played at The Preserve a couple of times and found it to be once again in great condition and fun to play. It is probably the most challenging course in the area but a good test for any level of golfer and fair. I will definitely be back again soon.

Decently Challenging

Decently challenging course with creative layout which provides ample opportunity for birdies and punishes mistakes. If you’re accurate with your driver,swing away. Otherwise, be discriminate on when to pull it out of the bag. Course and grass range were in good shape. Surprisingly wet due to previous rain. “Cart path only” slowed play a bit. I would definitely play again.

Challenging but Fair

We had a big guys golf trip with 40 golfers of all skill levels here and everyone had nothing but positive things to say about this course and the staff. The staff went above and beyond my expectations and took care of everything we needed with smiling faces. The course was a little wet but with the amount of rain the Greenville area had received in the days before our tournament, I was amazed at how well it had drained. Greens and fairways were immaculate and every hole was unique in its own way with some really nice views and elevation changes throughout. I will definitely be back to play again.

As an out of country visitor, I had heard & read very good things about this course. Some target golf, some wide fairways but fair. Greens had recently been seeded/punched but were excellent. They were quick & rolled well. I played a day after a torrential down pour & save for a few spots, the course drained very well. I paired up with 2 locals, Donna & John, & had a great day. I booked a Hot Deal on GolfNow & arrived early & Nate in the pro shop accommodated me by let me out early, which was much appreciated. The starter drove out to the twosome that had teed off already & asked if they could wait a sec & let me join them. We played in 4 hrs, with no one in front & the foursome behind us a hole or 2 back. I gave 5 Stars all round, much deserved.

Course in great shape

As usual, the course looks great and very green thanks to a daily rain. The greens are awesome and still fun to read especially speed wise. Do yourself a favor and play this course......you won't regret it......except for maybe your score ;)

Greer, South Carolina