Wildwood Green Golf Course

Wildwood Green Golf Club
Scorecard for Wildwood Green Golf Club
Blue M: 70.3/131 W: 76.4/147 413 409 349 204 441 172 567 354 382 3291 444 349 181 478 401 352 422 152 403 3182 6473
White M: 68.2/127 W: 74.2/141 394 371 321 186 408 152 548 334 358 3072 429 330 164 449 366 329 390 135 386 2978 6050
Gold M: 66.6/124 W: 71.8/136 382 354 301 161 388 140 527 313 348 2914 402 305 145 432 346 310 384 119 361 2804 5718
Green M: 65.1/119 W: 69.7/129 370 342 279 144 372 128 447 257 297 2636 392 255 140 410 330 298 377 115 355 2672 5308
Red M: 63.9/111 W: 68.2/121 323 329 273 119 324 105 437 252 292 2454 325 250 95 368 315 250 324 110 332 2369 4823

Year Built 1986
Architect John LaFoy

Golf School Academy Yes - " Wildwood Green Golf Academy"

Enjoyable round

Have not played here since they changed to Bermuda greens - was pleasantly surprised at the overall condition of the course and the pace-of-play.. Greens were great to putt on, fairways were lush. Staff was friendly and helpful. Course was packed - there were still people teeing off when I finished my round in late afternoon. Driving range not the biggest and best, but it serves its purpose. Some easier holes, and some really tough holes. Lots of elevation changes. Get out and play!!

Return to Wildwood Green

My friend and I had not played here for a while, as the last time we played it was painfully slow. This time was vastly improved, and we finished in just over 4 hours. The course condition was excellent and the greens were amazing.

Wild Wood in great shape! Fun day!

Played a pretty good round at Wildwood Green today. Course is in great shape and the greens are rolling really nicely. Played in 4.5 hours. Actually played the front nine and 2 hours, which is great. I’ve played Wild Wood a lot, as it is close to home. Layout is pretty good. Wish it had two more par 5s but it is what it is. They get a lot of play and do a good job.

Terrible service at the clubhouse

Terrible service at the clubhouse. I made the mistake of ordering food twice here today. Both times the space cadet working the register completely lost my order. Before our round not only did she nearly make me late for our tee time but she even prepared the wrong sandwich. Hesitantly, I called in our order on the 9th tee box to give her plenty of time, but when we arrived at the clubhouse nothing was ready. It took another 20 minutes for us to make the turn. So the total time from the moment we ordered till the moment we got our food was 35 minutes. Let that sink in. The course is in good condition, but the layout causes it to consistently get backed up through hole number six. The service at the clubhouse just adds insult to injury.

The course was undergoing normal summer maintenance but it still played beautifully. Rain moved in late during the round and made playing difficult, but it didn’t detract from the overall experience. Really enjoyed playing this course.

Nice course with a little bite

I play a lot of courses. This falls in my favorite category...nice layout with a little bite. I'm in that bogey golfer group but I like a little challenge. I had not played for about a month because we were traveling in Russia. My game was a little off but the trees favored me...they threw the ball back towards the fairway more times than I deserved. The greens were very good. Only three putted a couple times. When I travel to courses like those in NC right now may be under stress due to weather conditions I just play them as ground under repair and enjoy my day. I would recommend the course to a golfer who wants to have some fun

Decent Course

This is a course that you need to play multiple times to get to know it. There are many blind shots that you need to know where to play it.

The tees are average. Some had very little grass. The fairways are good. A few had large bare spots. The greens were good.

This practice facilities are jammed into the course. The holes are very close to each other.

I would play it again only with the Hot Deal.

Outstanding course / fun layout

Wildwood’s new greens are maturing and true rolling. Fairways have nice cushy grass in most places and are great to hit from. Challenging and fun layout with good amenities ; grill at clubhouse, driving range , putting and chipping practice area. Access to excellent golf instruction on site . Highly recomended to play.

Pretty good shape.

Fairways are still a little thin and the greens were in good shape. Greens could have used a little more speed.

Great time

That was the first time I played the course, so every hole was a new experience. The course in general is full of limited sight lines, hidden greens, water everywhere and narrow with homes close by. What fun! The tee boxes are narrow and used, the fairways had some brown patches, but the greens were in great shape. On the down side, the driving range tees were on artificial pads, and right next to hole #1, so your drive has a great chance of being one of hundreds of practice balls. The price was the highest that I've paid in the triangle area for a Hot Deal, but overall, I had a great time and will try to play there again.

Not too difficult.

Got a hot deal. That was worth the visit. Anymore money and I would have been disappointed.

Greens were good (slow) for the most part, some patchy areas on at least 4-5 greens which need attention.

Every course is dry at the moment in Raleigh, this was no different.

Good variety of holes, pace of play was good, not a long course.

Staff awesome.

Nice:/

One of the better condition courses in the area and reasonable green fees. Relatively easy course as well, par 70. Driving range had no yardage markers. Overall, no better than 7/10

Needs some "green"

Outside of the dry out, hard spotty fairways this course could be great. Fairways need a lot of TLC to get them green. Layout and playability were good. Greens were good as well. I would play again, just maybe later this year to give them time to get healthier fairways.

Good course

Golf course was in very good shape. Enjoy a wide open course, good thing everyone else had work on a Monday morning.

Durham, North Carolina