Golden Hills Country Club

Golden Hills Golf and Country Club
Scorecard for Golden Hills
Gold M: 71.2/134 419 594 165 424 362 427 170 386 509 3456 361 368 511 185 497 179 355 147 402 3005 6461
Blue M: 69.5/127 395 546 156 402 329 393 163 345 480 3209 356 345 482 169 483 162 304 153 367 2821 6030
Green M: 67.2/115 377 501 144 384 296 362 143 330 447 2984 311 330 460 154 445 153 284 114 340 2591 5575
Red W: 68.0/113 356 440 98 338 275 333 127 291 419 2677 294 280 379 143 406 141 237 96 304 2280 4957

Year Built 1988
Architect Ron Garl (1988)

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in South Carolina (2016 #17)

Not for low handicappers

I usually practice putting here on my lunch break because the greens are excellent so I thought I would give the course a try. Sadly I left disappointed. In the course layout sets up for the player who consistently bunts it down the fairway 190 yards at a time. Fairways are extremely narrow And the greens are postage stamps. I don’t like golf course is built through neighborhoods because they take away imagination and creativity. There is only one way to play most of the golf holes here.

Best course in the Midlands of SC

We play Golden Hills regularly. Great course, good value, friendly staff. We've had alot of rain this winter so mushy fairways on some holes can't be helped but the greens are always good.

If you're in the Midlands of SC play Golden Hills!

Challenging course!

I didn't play very well but that was mostly on me. The tee boxes were worn. Fairways were rough and saturated. Greens were nice. It was a very challenging course for me. Fairways are narrow. O well I like the course and will try it again when it dries out. Very nice staff.

Great Shape

Haven’t played this course in a while. Considering we just had 3 straight days of constant rain the course was in great shape. Greens were fast but true. Look forward to playing here again soon.

Nice track

I really like the layout. Challenging g li r t by e better golfer. Wife snd I walked which was nice (not easy). Played after two days of rain do no no roll. Grainy greens were a challenge.

Great round

My foursome got a great deal and played Golden Hills today. It was in great shape tee to green. We had a fun day and the staff there was very accommodating. Strongly suggest you play this course in the Columbia, SC area. It’s one of the top three we can play.

Great!

Always a challenging track, discounted rate w Golf Now & easy pairing on first tee as showed up as a single. Bravo!!!

Great round

Golden Hills is in great shape. Fairways and Greens were very good. Rough was tough. Our foursome had no issues. Very pleased for the Golf Now Hot Deal price. I rate this with Cobblestone and Mid Carolina as the best courses available that I get to play in the Midlands of SC.

nice course

I had a 10:15 tee time on a Thursday. I got there early and the course was pretty empty so they let me out early. The guy in the clubhouse was really nice. The course was in really good shape. There was only one green that had some dead and bare spots on the slope (I think it was #4). I only had a few small issues with this course. First, the range is nowhere near the clubhouse. If you want to warm up before your round you have to buy the balls in the clubhouse and drive your car to the range. Second, the gas cart I had was horrible. Loud noises and took forever to get moving. the carts don't have GPS either. I made the turn at 11:10 and there wasn't any lunch type food in the snack bar. Beverage cart was non-existent out on the course. Also, the layout between holes is strange. Keep your eyes out for the signs. If the guy in the clubhouse wouldn't have told me how to find #18 before I tee'd off, I'd still be driving through the neighborhood. Be aware there are quite a few holes that you tee off through a chute. I played from the tips and it was really tight on some of them. With all that said, I would definitely play this course again!

Course is in great shape

Not my favorite layout.. there are four holes of shame.. the two cartpath only holes and holes 2 and 10. Other than that it is a great course in immaculate condition. If you have a chance to play you will not be disappointed.

The coarse was in good conditions with most greens still having dimples from aeration of the greens but overall the fairways and greens were in good condition

Great experience

Golden Hills is right up there in the top courses available of the semi private courses in Columbia. Their greens are a little hard to hold but in good shape. Fairways are plush. Had a great time there.

Challenging Hot

The Course still had aeration holes in the Greens, the water jugs were full at each one which was good for a day in the 100's. there was a 5 some in front of us, so it did slow things down. Also there was a "Dog fight" that was in the morning which the last group had fallen behind. I did not play well as this golf course is a placement golf course, if you do not place the ball in the right spots. it makes for a very challenging round, if you are out to have fun with friends it is a nice quiet golf course and the is a chance to see a deer as we did on our round.

Disappointed

I played this course before and never experienced this situation before. To begin with the course was aerated the green played slow. The ranger on the corse was rude and unprofessional after I spoke with him regarding the foursome in front of me taking to much time and each player was playing 2 balls and chatting. And there were no other group in front of them. I asked the ranger if my twosome can play ahead he said no and the group can play 2 balls. It took 5.5 hours to finish 18 holes a very frustrating situation. And we never saw the ranger again!

Response from Golden Hills Country Club on 06/14/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Golden Hills Country Club, in the Lexington, South Carolina area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the rangers so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Excellent

Greens recently punched but still rolling true. Course is in mint condition. Try Golden Hills, you will enjoy.:)

Tough to describe

This was my first time playing this course, and while the layout is ok, I feel you need to play the course 3-4 times before you can truly understand it. The pace was ok with the exception of a few spots but there wasn't a ranger or marshal to be seen, same with a beverage cart. Sprinkler heads with yardage were rarely seen and when you did see a sprinkler head, sometimes there was no yardage. Will I be back, possibly, but I'm not rushing out now to make a tee time.

Response from Golden Hills Country Club on 06/14/2018:
Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Golden Hills Country Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Lexington, South Carolina area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

Nice quiet course

Conditions were great, holes were challenging and interesting. Only thing that really bugged me was the number of houses around and along the course which sort of got me worked up but that's just me.

Great golf in the cold South

Conditions for this time of year was better than expected. Greens were smooth and fast. It was 31 degrees so there were no one else in the course but us so pace of play was not a problem.

Lexington, South Carolina