Berkeley Country Club

Berkeley Country Club in Moncks Corner is part of the Exeter Plantation, which has roots that date back to 1700. The course was originally designed as a nine-hole layout in 1959, but George Cobb transformed the golf course in 1967, making it a full-length championship layout. It has a more traditional design than modern courses with wide fairways and classic bunkering. The golf course is wide-open and not terrible long, making it gentle enough for beginners to approach with confidence. The holes are mostly straight though there are few tricky doglegs. A few holes play over water, including nearly all of Berkeley Country Club's par 3s, but there aren't any out-of-bounds. In addition to the golf course, Berkeley C.C. also offers a driving range, putting green, and a short-game practice area.
Orange 72 5665 yards 68.1 114
Scorecard for Berkeley
Blue M: 71.7/123 455 404 385 393 205 503 338 191 530 3404 175 409 332 596 371 169 412 480 438 3382 6786
White M: 69.5/120 405 376 346 379 160 486 326 147 482 3107 152 385 318 564 347 135 375 464 404 3144 6251
Orange M: 66.7/113 W: 72.2/126 333 334 340 360 155 455 283 112 475 2847 137 343 290 500 300 128 332 460 350 2840 5687
Red W: 68.1/113 270 305 338 352 100 335 258 89 370 2417 104 318 222 446 294 98 264 405 272 2423 4840

Year Built 1959
Architect George Cobb (1967)

Good place to play

Wide fairways, tee boxes were in OK shape but the greens were in very good shape. Unfortunately no beverage cart though. Overall good course, I plan on playing it again.

Older course that is well maintained and fun to play. There are some very challenging holes along with some basic holes and everything inbetween. Great price.

CNS

Course was well maintained with above average challenge to play. Enjoyed the round, greens in great shape

Course was well maintained and well laid out as well as scenic. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for value for the dollar spent. C N Slocum

Good wide open course

Great course for those just starting off or those trying to improve their game. Not a lot water, wide fairways, decent greens. Price was perfect for a Sunday morning, only downside was that pace of play was slow, because of the amount of people in the course, we had a 0740 tee time and it seemed the course was crowded already. I will go back and play for sure.

nice friendly lay out, but super wet !!

Berkeley is definitely a good value, I enjoy playing this track but I'll rather wait for the rain season to be over, it holds a lot of water; but a nice track overall, cart paths could use some work.

No yardage markers.

I played the course after some heavy rain a couple of days before. It was cart path only and wet in some areas. The greens were in great shape and rolled very true, bunkers were well kept and most were pretty shallow. Had water on the course and staff was very friendly. Bathrooms were hard to find on course. There are some blind tee shots that would've been nice to see on a placard and better hole layouts, or a yardage card at the least. There are no yardage markers on the course other than the standard 250,200,150, and 100. Bring a range finder and save yourself time and strokes.

super sunday

great course to go and relax and enjoy 18 before the Super Bowl . the greens were fast and smooth and the weather was great! really good hotdogs at the turn is always a bonus. This coarse is also very user friendly, wide fairways and not to much trouble to get into.

fast greens and tricky hole locations

the course is 100% dormant and very muddy but the greens rolled true and fast.

Great Round

Greens were EXCELLENT - best in town. The course was a little muddy, but there was a good bit of rain the previous week. All in all, a great round.

Good review

Course is in good shape. Greens were in great condition, especially for this time of year.

Greens are great

Greens are as good or better than anywhere in the Charleston area

Somewhat Challenging

Staff is very friendly and the course is in great shape. The greens are some of the best I've played on during the entire season. The greens are challenging but very fair. Big and small bunkers that are in great shape; with clean lines and some with large lips. Tee boxes are very large and well maintained. All and all had a great round with good company. Will return; a great course.

Great course with fast greens

I really enjoyed the course. You can't beat the cost; $25 for all day play. It is a fairly open course with trees, but not a lot of unmanageable trouble. It has some nice varying elevations on some of the holes, which I have not seen a lot of in Charleston courses. The only issue was they fertilized some of the greens on the day I played, but at least they were taking care of it so it will be just as nice when I play there again.

greens in great condition

This was the first time my wife and I have played here. We are on vacation at our daughters mainly to watch our grand kids play volleyball and soccer. Needed something to do while the kids were at school and decided to try Berkeley. Were able to secure the Senior rate through GolfNow. We were both pleasantly surprised. The course was in very good shape and the staff were quite friendly. Would definitely recommend playing.

Join BCC $99 Dues, Members ONLY Wednesdays!

First, I would like to thank GolfNow for providing Berkeley Country Club the opportunity to be seen by golfers that never knew we existed. I'd also like to thank the hundreds of golfers that utilized GolfNow to book and play our modest facility. We hope you enjoyed your time here and were able to make a few putts on our Champion greens! Though BCC will continue to welcome guests and hope to provide the community with a reasonably priced, well conditioned golf option, we look to expand our membership. In doing so, we will need to maintain a rate integrity that is not suited to GolfNow. Therefore, we will no longer be offered as a GolfNow facility. Please contact the Pro Shop 761-4653 for tee times or membership information. We now offer an Out of Town Membership $500/yr, Jr Executive $75/mo and Full Membership $99/mo... This is not a joke! And... Beginning in April, we will no longer be open to the public on Wednesdays. Come join Berkeley Country Club and enjoy excellent greens, fun tournaments and a laid back golf atmosphere! I would like to personally invite jgunter1 to come back to Berkeley CC to enjoy a round of golf on me... Literally, I would like to carry your "heavy" bag and caddy for you. Please contact me 761-4653. Thank you again to all of the great BCC supporters!!! Bob Merryman GM/ Head Golf Professonal Berkeley Country Club

Average course with below average staff

The course has potential but needs better management. The course was very wet from heavy rain (not the course's fault) but the greens were good. It appears though that the course was being run by a group of teenagers as the only adults I met were the starter (briefly) and the lady in the snack bar. No signs at all as to where the proshop or carts were so I had to ask other golfers. Paid for the round but didn't tell me how or help me get a cart leaving me standing with my heavy bag. Turns out there were no carts left and I would have to wait until someone finished to get one. The starter told me this and then disappeared leaving me to try to hook up with some other golfers on my own at the first tee. Yardage markers were flat stones in the fairway but it was cart paths only so they weren't visable. No hole maps on the scorecard and no yardage book so a layup shot beyond the hill was found in a creek in front of the green. Finished the round and found the proshop locked and I needed to use the bathroom. I could see a ways away the teenagers were busy washing carts so they could leave on time I guess and no sign of the adults.

Muni-like

Prertty good track for $20.00. Wouldn't want to pay more.

Great course to play and enjoy.

Berkeley Country Club has all what you need in a round of golf. Driving Range, chipping green, putting green, sand trap. Course is open but challenging. Green are fast but fair. Club house treats you right and the starter is a wonderful man. In my view best course in the low country without paying high greens fees.

Cheap and Fun!!!

Berkeley Country Club is a course tucked away in Berkeley County. It’s not a bad course at all, some challenging holes, but nothing to challenging. This course is a great place to play a round with friends or, an introductory course for those new to the game. The course is pretty wide open for the most part, a few tight places but nothing too bad. Greens are in good condition as of recent as well as pretty fast. They tend to roll pretty true and provide a good challenge depending on the pin placement for the day. Practice facilities are minimal there are chipping and putting greens which are pretty accurate to the course condition for the day. The driving range is small in width so limited amount of people can hit at a certain time. Another slight down fall is there is little room and divider between the right side of the driving range and the #1 fairway. So if you pull your first drive, you may have trouble finding your ball. The rough on the course is not too tall so hitting out of it is no bad at all and finding your ball is pretty easy. Berkeley Country Club is a great local place that is relatively cheap, fun, and depending on your level of play, easy

Best greens in Charleston

Course in great condition. Greens are in great condition, right now best greens in Charleston,SC; great value

Charleston, South Carolina