Patriots Point Golf Links

Practice hole: No
Simulator: No
Golf school / academy: No

Singles allowed: No
Dress code: Proper golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions worth the drive   Great for wildlife/ scenic views locals seniors   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views

"Don't, Just Don't..."

Professor3's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

If you are actually going to play this course do yourself a favor and walk, or at least keep your cart on the cart path. I've never seen fairways with a million little moguls. After the first fairway I thought my kidneys would be bruised by the end of the day. Overall, the course was quite boring. the final three holes being the exception. I wanted to like this course but for $64? No way. I've played nicer munis for half the price.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Patriots Point Golf Links on 07/17/2018:

Hi Professor3, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your round with us. We hope you reconsider returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Patriots Point Golf Links.

"Good course"

Ken7351300's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2018

Very good course with great scenery of Ft. Sumter and the Ravenel Bridge. The play was slow at times. Some bunkers were like cement. The course layout is excellent!

Response from Patriots Point Golf Links on 07/17/2018:

Hi Ken7351300, thanks for the great review! We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing!

"Meh"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

My friend said it best. He keeps a logo ball display case at home and typically buys a logo ball from every course he plays. He said aloud, "I'm re-considering whether or not I display this logo ball at home."

The greens were punched, but that has to happen from time-to-time. The fairways were so bumpy, lumpy and rolly that I needed a massage because the cart ride was so bouncy. It's not an interesting layout either. But apart from that, Charleston is a really cool area.

So a boring course in bad condition does not make for a perfect round.

Response from Patriots Point Golf Links on 07/12/2018:

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your round with us. We appreciate you giving us a shot and hope you reconsider giving us another one in the near future. Thanks for playing Patriots Point Golf Links!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2018

Response from Patriots Point Golf Links on 06/26/2018:

Hello, thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Patriots Point Golf Links.

"Views only"

Josh7415880's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2018

Fairways need to be plowed

Greens were terrible

Staff was rude

Views were amazing

Course layout was good

Response from Patriots Point Links on 06/05/2018:

Hi Josh7415880, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback and are sorry to hear the course conditions weren't up to expectations during your round. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Patriots Point Links.

"Manageable layout and good value"

mpsouza2's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2018

Overall the course was a good track. Good course for beginners or your average player. Only complaint was that it seemed as though the course was desperately in need of some water. Tee boxes were extremely hard as were the bunkers. Fairways in good shape and greens were decent. The range is priced perfectly to hit balls before hand and the staff was friendly. I’d recommend this course.

Response from Patriots Point Golf Links on 05/17/2018:

Hi mpsouza2, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and are happy to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Patriots Point Golf Links.

"Coastal Cow Pasture"

MarkUrness's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

We played this before going to play the Ocean Course at Kiawah Island. We thought it would be nice because of the 3 1/2 star Golf Now rating, but it wasn't. The fairways on the front nice were like a battlefield (small mounds everywhere) and the greens were like putting on shag carpet. The back nine was much, much nicer. If I played there again I would play the back nine twice, but I won't. Big disappointment for the price. It should have been no more than $25.

Response from Patriots Point Golf Links on 05/16/2018:

Hi MarkUrness, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and are sorry to hear the conditions of the course weren't up to expectations. We appreciate you giving us a shot at Patriots Point Golf Links.

"Not bad, but not great"

smfoster3's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

Patriots Point is a decent little course with several challenging holes, especially #17 & #18 where the wind can really make life difficult. The views on the final few holes are very nice as well.

Course: The course is pretty well kept. Greens are in very nice condition and rolled well. Not a lot of break in them, even when there appears to be, so putting can be a challenge if you're off your game. The downside to this course? The fairways. On some holes they are ok, on many, they are the bumpiest pieces of land I have experienced outside of my Jeep.

This is a "links" course as it is described, but the hills on the fairway are small, and only a foot or two apart, which makes for an extremely unpleasant ride out to your ball in the fairway. A few times I thought the cart was going to fall apart.

Pace of play: Pace was a tad slow on the front 9, and no real issue on the back. Finished in a little over 4 hours as a twosome. Had to wait on a 4-5 holes, but not long.

Staff/Clubhouse: Clubhouse is nothing special, but gets the job done. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

In the end, I would play this course again if someone asked me to, otherwise I would probably choose another course in the area that would not make me lose my lunch while gleefully riding to my ball in the middle of main street.

7.5/10

Response from Patriots Point Golf Links on 05/15/2018:

Hi smfoster3, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are happy to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Patriots Point Golf Links.

"Great Layout, great views, great staff"

John3224037's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2018

Just try and play in CHS and beat this course, views, and price! Greens are perfect!

Response from Patriots Point Golf Links on 05/07/2018:

Hi John3224037, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round and hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Patriots Point Golf Links.

"Patriot’s Point"

homeupnorth's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

Fareways rough caused by land fill sink depressions.

Response from Patriots Point Golf Links on 05/04/2018:

Hi homeupnorth, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and are sorry to hear it wasn't up to your expectations. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Patriots Point Golf Links.

"Nice layout, beautiful views"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2018

Pace of play was good at 4 hours even though it was cart path only. Although greens were recently punched, they ran pretty true. Not a difficult layout but the winds can certainly add difficulty to every hole particularly the 17th! Two to three club difference if the wind is up off the harbor!

Response from Patriots Point Golf Links on 04/27/2018:

Hello, thanks for the great review! We appreciate your feedback about your round and are happy to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Patriots Point Golf Links.

"SOLID B TRACK TO PLAY"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

Course for the money I will say prob isn’t worth it. Solid very well kept greens but fairways and roughs this time of year are meh any where you go so I’ll rate them as average. Last final 3 or 4 holes is what you pay $100 a round for other than that it’s every other course deff nothing special. Fairway bunkers haven’t seen a rake in a while only good bunkers are raked right by the greens on a couple holes. If you could book this for sub $75 it would be worth it anything more than that there are deff better tracks to play. Would play again for the right price.

Response from Patriots Point Golf Links on 04/25/2018:

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and are happy to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Patriots Point Golf Links.

george1465's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2018

Response from Patriots Point Golf Links on 04/13/2018:

Hi george1465, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and are happy to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Patriots Point Golf Links.

RichFuller1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018

Response from Patriots Point Golf Links on 04/09/2018:

Hi RichFuller1, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Patriots Point Golf Links.

"Quite a challenge"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Our final round of golf on our trip did not disappoint! Patriots Point provided some of our most beautiful views of the trip, and definitely the most challenging golf. The wind was very tough, and we found ourselves constantly a club or two short. We got paired with a local who provided valuable knowledge as we worked around the course. Fairways were in average condition, but the greens were fantastic. Can't say I would pay full price, but a $42 hot deal was definitely worth it. My mid 90s round felt much more like mid 80s, which isn't really a negatively. Loved the course!

Response from Patriots Point Golf Links. on 04/10/2018:

"Windy Test"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

If you play in March bring your wind gear and British Open ball flight. Extreme windy conditions and cool weather made for tough test. Greens great. Fair test but over priced for inter conditions.

Response from Patriots Point Golf Links on 04/04/2018:

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are sorry to hear it was 5-stars. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Patriots Point Golf Links.

"Love the course ad the staff is always great"

William3683939's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2018

Was a very windy day and did not play 18. The staff was understanding and so was GolfNow. Wind gusts were up to 30 mph. Always love playing this course.

Response from Patriots Point Golf Links on 03/28/2018:

Hi William3683939, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about our course conditions and hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Patriots Point Golf Links.

"Great course and amazing views!"

Larthnsc's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/16/2018

First time playing this course and was not disappointed. Since my daughter goes to College of Charleston I will definitely play many times over the next 4 years. The staff was friendly and helpful and even knew my local club staff!

I am sure the course will improve even more once the grass grows in for the spring. Oh yes, the greens were extremely fast the day I played so plan on landing on the fringe or front.

Response from Patriots Point Golf Links on 03/20/2018:

Hi Larthnsc, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Patriots Point Golf Links.

"Great Layout"

GillesSuzanne's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/05/2018
First time playing Used cart Cold weather

It was a fun course to play that you can walk. The three finishing holes on the harbor are gorgeous and difficult. The staff pleasant and ready for us when we arrived. It was a nice day but the wind was cold.

Response from Patriots Point Golf Links on 03/08/2018:

Hello, GillesSuzanne. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about your round and are happy to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Patriots Point Golf Links.

"AVG course."

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/25/2018

Very average course. Average conditions. Condition and consistency of the greens was the highlight of the course. I was somewhat disappointed. Never really came across a signature hole. I would try another course before going back.

Commented on 02/28/2018

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you consider giving us another shot in the future. Thanks for playing Patriots Point Golf Links.