Wachesaw Plantation East

Wachesaw Plantation East Golf
Scorecard for Wachesaw Plantation East Golf Course
Green M: 73.8/138 390 410 530 165 403 380 580 180 420 3458 545 410 185 395 405 195 410 500 430 3475 6933
Blue M: 72.4/136 376 385 510 155 393 365 550 173 400 3307 515 386 172 358 381 185 395 485 414 3291 6598
White M: 70.4/130 W: 77.6/144 351 375 495 145 373 342 530 162 360 3133 484 356 166 358 360 170 370 470 400 3134 6267
Gold M: 68.3/124 W: 74.7/137 328 353 445 135 328 319 490 151 363 2912 449 332 133 332 335 160 340 456 378 2915 5827
Red M: 64.4/112 W: 70.2/123 260 235 425 121 310 287 450 136 273 2497 425 290 116 262 270 140 275 415 305 2498 4995

Year Built 1996
Greens Tif-Eagle Grass
Architect Clyde Johnston (1996)

Single Allowed Yes

Nice Layout

Hadn't played the course for some time so didn't remember some of the holes. Previous rains left 4-5 holes Cart path only. Greens in great shape. Hard to get used to bermuda grass as my chips were often short of the green and ball would snag in the grass Making it hard to find at times.

Unfortunate weather conditions!

The course was saturated with wetness. We were flinging mud with every swing. Back home in Ontario our courses would have been closed. Also had a men’s foursome behind us that showed little golf etiquette and were hitting upon us many times when we were clearly keeping up to the group ahead. Never seen a ranger on the course to ask them to back off. Priviledged or entitled - that is the question. We paid to play too!

Response from Wachesaw Plantation East Golf on 11/09/2018:
Hello Maxwell, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Wachesaw Plantation East Golf, in the South Carolina area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Nice Coursee but a Little Tired

It is our second trip to Wachesa and the course conditions have detiorated a little over the last 5 years. Some of that can be attributed to the large amount of rain we have had lately but some is maintenance based - condition of bunkers, tee boxes and cart paths. Greens were in great condition and rolled very nicely.

Uninteresting layout, poor value.

Despite a few good reviews online we found this course to be a total disappointment. For the most part a forgettable layout and one nine had the most ridiculous top dressing of sand I’ve ever experienced (and payed $70 for). The back nine had huge chunks and sweeps of sand on the greens over 1/2 inch thick. It was a joke. None of this was communicated to us before we paid or even teed off. Even without the top dressing there was nothing to remember about this course. With all the options in the area I recommend you go somewhere else.

Response from Wachesaw Plantation East Golf Course on 10/22/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Wachesaw Plantation East Golf Course, in the South Carolina area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Nice Course

Great experience overall. Nice track. You will use every club in your bag.

Course

Excellent golf course ! Nice conditions! Greens and fairways great ! Only wet cause if storms prior! Good value also

Fair weather player

Course was very nice. Just way overbooked. took a lot longer than we normally take to play 18 holes.

Very nice course-wide open

Had never played here before but found most of the reviews positive so decided to give it a try. Very nice course for the price.

It’s a great layout course. Challenging.

Challenging layout. Like all courses it is suffering from the 18 inches over the last 2-3 weeks. Greens are fine but fairways were a bit wt. some holes were so wet that they could not cut the fairways grass. Overall the course was challenging and playing very long with the wet fairways. It will take a few more days to dry out. The staff was excellent. I had a back spasm and had to call them up. They were more than happy to push out my tee time for 2 days which I really appreciated.

Soggy...but great course

It was my first time playing here and despite the incredible amount of rain, the course was in great shape. I will come back and play again next time I’m in town.

Good conditions in spite of rain

After some 7” of rain in the previous days, course was soaked which meant cart path only and no roll. There were some slow down because some golfers spent several trips to find ball w/o taking clubs. Course was in better shape than one had any right to expect but really played long. Greens were smooth and ran true.

OK COURSE

THE GREENS WERE AERATED A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO, BUT NOW ARE JUST ABOUT HEALED UP.

Response from Wachesaw Plantation East Golf Course on 07/09/2018:
Thanks for the 4 stars, Jose! Come back soon.

Two putt rule

Had played the private Plantation Club the day before. So maybe the comparison isn’t fair, but both clubs had aireated their greens However, Plantation East greens were basically useless. We were so frustrated, we went to a two putt rule just to get through the round. The top dressing was so thick, if you hit a green it was like hitting a sand trap. Tried to get a beer at the turn and even on a Friday everything was closed there was so little play. Got a decent deal on Golf Now or I would have been really upset with the experience. The course layout was the only bright spot. Would love to play it under better conditions.

Response from Wachesaw Plantation East on 07/09/2018:
Thank you for playing Wachesaw Plantation East Golf Course. As our greens continue to heal we hope you'll consider giving us another chance. We are very confident that we'll be able to exceed your expectations. Also, be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.

great course

it was well kept I played by self and I had a good

Response from Wachesaw Plantation on 06/18/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review of Wachesaw Plantation. Please come back and visit us soon.

Very playable

I’m about a 12 handicap and enjoyed playing this course, a good layout that isn’t to hard or easy. A few of the greens had been repaired so those were not in good shape but other then that the course was nice shape. With those greens issue I’m not sure it’s worth $50 considering all the other options around.

Response from Wachesaw Plantation on 06/18/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review of Wachesaw Plantation. We are currently working to improve our course conditions. We appreciate your patience.

Wachesaw plantation

Fun course, medium challenge. Nothing funky or tricky. Enjoyable resort course. Would play it again.

Response from Wachesaw Plantation on 06/14/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review of Wachesaw Plantation. Please come back and visit us soon.

Great experience

The staff were excellent, a beautiful course that would be spectacular if they didn't suffer from a little bit of winter kill on some of the greens. The grounds crew has done a great job in repairing the greens on the few holes that suffered this past winter and they rolled very well. The only complaint about the conditions was 10 th green which the staff warned me about during check in. The overall condition, beauty and challenge of the course more than made up for it, we enjoyed it so much we played again the next day. Thanks for a great golf experience.

Response from Wachesaw Plantation East Golf Course on 06/07/2018:
Thank you for playing Wachesaw Plantation East Golf Course! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed it so much that you came back for another round the next day. We hope to see you out here again soon. Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.
Request A Vacation Quote From Fore Myrtle Beach
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Fore Myrtle Beach will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Surfside Beach, South Carolina