Wachesaw Plantation East: 18th green

Wachesaw Plantation East Golf

Year Built 1996
Greens Tif-Eagle Grass
Architect Clyde Johnston (1996)

Single Allowed Yes

Decent Track

Nice challenge. Greens were ok but nothing write home about. Makes you use most clubs in your bag. Would play again.

Unusual circumstance

I played the course during the coronavirus outbreak so, although the pace of play was good, I can’t vouch for pace of play during normal times. Course conditions were adequate, but not great. The golf holes are interesting, and it’s a fun course to play. Considering all the courses I have played in Myrtle Beach, I would rate it in the middle of the pack.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Wachesaw Plantation East another try in the near future.

A little worn

Played 27 holes on this course after 3 days of rain. Course was wet in some places and did not drain as well as other courses. Unfortunately, play was slow and Marshalls are not apt to step in to move play along. Staff are friendly, but marshalling diplomatically can be challenging. Proshop staff and restaurant staff were excellent
Included driving range is a great benefit.
Course seems to be in need of maintenance as many cart paths are up heaving due to tree roots. Many worn spots and beaten grasses spots as a result of carts driving off road to avoid bad carts. Not sure of green fees as I purchased golf package but only play again at a discount.

Slow day

It took over 5 hours to play, no staff on course to move people along.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Course was very wet due to a lot of rain for 2 days. Fairways wet, cart path only.

Mike from Ct.

This course was so bad that it should not have been open. The fairways were not just wet, they were muddy and sadly lacking any decent grass cover. The greens were decent. My reservation was made thru Golf Now and there was no mention of the poor conditions and that there was a cart path only rule in place.
Be aware that if you play this course you will only be allowed to go out at your scheduled tee time and not earlier, even if slots are open. Today they told us we would be starting on the back 9 . We sat at the 10th tee for 30 minutes with no one teeing off yet they would not let us go off until our booked time.

Commented on 03/05/2020

Hello, mfltm. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Wachesaw Plantation East.

Commented on 02/29/2020

Mike, Thank you for playing Wachesaw East and your review. Here is some information that will help better understand your concerns:
- The Myrtle Beach / Grand Strand Area has received an enormous amount of rainfall this winter, especially in February. According to local meteorologists, the area has not been able to obtain seven straight days without rainfall since November 2019. We are currently in a state of River Flood Warnings and the Intracoastal Waterway is at extremely high levels. In addition, there are communities in the area that have received flooding. Furthermore, the average high and low temperatures in February can hinder a course from drying faster. All of these factors will unfortunately make water drainage a difficult task and can result in Cart Path Only rules for the day(s).
- In regards to your concern about not being able to tee off early: We Double Tee golfers in the morning and afternoon. This means, golfers will be making the turn from Hole #9 to #10 and Hole #18 to #1. We still had two groups that needed to make the turn from Hole #9 to #10. Our records indicate that you played your first six holes within 1 hour and 20 minutes. We are happy to see the pace of play was on schedule and enjoyable. Thank you again for your review and we hope you will consider playing Wachesaw East again.

Course was in very good shape considering all the rain that we have had. Only 2 holes were cartpath only which I was surprised to see. I would definitely play this course again!!

Very nice Course

The course was in great shape, just a couple tee blocks could use some attention, The lay out is very nice makes you think if you want to keep out of trouble, very friendly staff, a must play again

Good cpurse

Liked iot the first time so had to come back to play again.Course was in great shape for this time of year

Enjoyed the coarse. Very challenging. Coarse is in great shape. Will play it again.

wet and damp course with nice greens

tee boxes in poor shape. greens were fast and rolled true. fairways wet no roll and cart path only. biggest deficiency was tee boxes and set fairways.

Commented on 02/07/2020

Hello, shadrap. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Awesome

The slow play was because of wet fairways. Other then that it's a must play, plus there's free range balls. Thanks

Great friendly staff!

Cart path only was the only negative to this day for my wife and I

Great layout! Course was in great shape, greens were beautiful. I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 only because the tee boxes could have been in better shape. I highly recommend playing here for all skill levels. I'm a senior with an 8 handicap and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Slow Pace Nice Course

Course was in great shape to be coming out of winter. Only issue we had was we got started off the back for some reason and got put behind single when there was only two of us. He’d hit a shot 20 feet, get in the cart, drive to it and then do it again two or three times. He would skull one over the green and just keep playing no matter how long we’d been waiting and not once look back or wave us through. Felt like that should’ve been handled at some point. Once we turned to the front nine he had left and we finished our round in less than half the time. Will definitely play that course again next time I’m in town.

Request A Vacation Quote From Fore Myrtle Beach
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Fore Myrtle Beach will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
3.9200529412
3.9200529412
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Valid dates: May 10, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.