The Rock Golf Club & Resort

Year Built 1979

Walking Allowed Yes, members only before 1 PM on weekends/holidays.

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2017 #3)

Beautiful Course...people playing it, not so much

Overall the course would be fit for any level player. It does play a little more narrower than most though. Beautiful Mountain View’s with creeks through the course. The 8th tee box borders a nice little waterfall. Pace of play however was atrocious. People played without regard that groups were backing up behind them. There was no course marshal to keep the pace moving along and numerous calls to the clubhouse went unanswered. So I guess people just did as they pleased. We actually completely skipped 2 holes just to get around a couple of foursomes or else we wouldn’t have finished 18 before running out of daylight...keep in mind we teed off at 1240. I would definitely play the course again, just with a way earlier start time to ensure we get to complete 18 holes.

Commented on 12/31/2019

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4 stars. We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future! Thanks for choosing @TheRockGolfClub.

Bad experience

I booked online through Golfnow to pay at the course. Had my reservation number, but the guy would not honor the online price I booked it under. I turned and was leaving when 4 more golfers came in with a booked game through Golfnow and the guy honored their rate. So I asked why honor their through the same app I booked mine and not honor
mine?

Commented on 12/31/2019

Hello. We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had with your reservation. We ask that you contact GolfNow customer service at 1 (800) 767-3574 for resolution. Please have your confirmation number handy. Thank you for choosing The Rock Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Excellent Value

Had a very enjoyable day at The Rock. Greens in excellent shape for this late in the season. Overall quite pleasurable experience.

Commented on 11/27/2019

Hi, Craig. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @TheRockGolfClub!

Commented on 11/11/2019

Hi. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing @TheRockGolfClub!

A must play for me

Outstanding course in my opinion. I really enjoyed the layout, the scenery and the lush fairways. Like all courses in October there are some rough patches but it is obvious they are working on them. The greens were in great condition and rolled very nicely.. Playing this course was an enjoyable experience.

Commented on 10/23/2019

Hello. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars! We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @TheRockGolfClub!

Great course for price

This was my husband and I played this course. The price was very resonable compared to other courses. It is a very nice course, great greens, challenging but not difficult. We immediately made a tee time for another day during our vacation time. Must play if you are in the area. Also, restaurant opened on second play day, good food, service.

Commented on 10/23/2019

Hello, Nancy. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you and your husband enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you both back @TheRockGolfClub!

Commented on 09/04/2019

We want to hear more about your experience with us! Please comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon! Thanks for choosing @TheRockGolfClub.

Course Continues To Improve

Fun mountain course, excellent price. Staff is very friendly and very accepting to golf now tee times. Every time I play this course I'm impressed by their improvements. If they continue to improve this course has the potential to a very good course.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Hello. Let us first start by thanking you for the great review. This is the experience we strive to provide. We partnered with GolfNow because we believe in offering our golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partner’s. We will continue to work hard and create an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing @TheRockGolfClub. We hope to see you again soon.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Good layout, needs some work.

I know new owners took over a couple of years ago and are working on the condition of the course. The greens are soft, but were recently aerated so putting was difficult. The fairways were not great and the rough looked like it wasn't cut until it was knee high so there was a lot of grass clippings everywhere. The course layout is fun and challenging, shot placement is very important. The area is beautiful. Hopefully they will get it in shape...if so, it will be a real good course to play.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing The Rock.

Good place to go.

I’ve played many courses. So here’s the weekly/monthly update on this one.... aerated recently but roll pretty good. Chip-ons are laughable still. They’re not going to land and roll where you drop them.
Crowd was minimal. Fairways in good shape. Tee boxes also.
Once greens come in it’ll be very nice.
#4, #7 and #15 are the only still PITA!!
Shot 74 from the blacks, course is good place to keep your game on track.
Recommend for every level.

Commented on 08/01/2019

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @TheRockGolfClub.

Sand

Guys - eventually you will listen. You have made great strides and I keep stressing sand . When I get a cart and the sand buckets are empty that’s a problem. . I have nothing to fix your course. The Par 3 holes are still tore up/ where are the sand boxes on the tees. Tommy if you are listening make sure the carts at Tbe Rock have sand. Course was great. I will be back to see.

Commented on 07/10/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @TheRockGolfClub.

Excellent way to spend 4th of July

Very neat course. Lots of doglegs and blind shots, but manageable for the most part. Will definitely have different club selections next time. Greens and teeboxes were in excellent shape, fairways left a bit to be desired. Hole 8 is worth the price of admission.

Commented on 07/10/2019

Your feedback is important to us, Emo. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing @TheRockGolfClub.

Still a good one!

It's been a few years since I had play The Rock, and if memory serves correct, it's improved. The staff was friendly. The course was in food shape. Even though I played single, the pace of play was a bit slow. But it's that way most anywhere. I enjoyed my round and will return soon.

Commented on 07/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. @TheRockGolfClub thanks you!

Complete Turn Around

This course has done a complete 360. The fairways are filled in with good grass and the greens are equal to there partner course Legacy Pines. The grill was closed for a short time but the food is great here.

Only small recommendation is they need sand boxes on the Par 3’s. Let’s face it most people aren’t hitting a shot- making a divot and walking back to the cart for sand. If you have sand boxes it’s closer and probably will get used more. ( I emptied my sand holder twice during the round)

Commented on 06/24/2019

Hi gegas, your feedback is extremely important to us, gegas. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience with us. We greatly value your feedback and will use it to continue to make the necessary improvements to your overall experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing The Rock Golf Club & Resort.

Commented on 06/20/2019

Hello, Thank you for the five-star review! We are happy that we could exceed your expectations! We pride ourselves on creating an amazing atmosphere and we are excited that you had a chance to experience that. Come back and see us again soon!

Beautiful Course

Friendly staff, 4 hour round, beautiful natural setting. The Rock has a nice choice of tees, very nice greens and the fairways were very playable. I will play here again.

Commented on 06/17/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round @TheRockGolfClub! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Good layout and greens

The layout Requires several placement shots off the tee but definitely doable. Greens were sanded but still rolled fairly fast and true. Pretty scenery. My first time but it would be even more enjoyable the next time. Staff was very friendly. I definitely will play this course again mostly because of the greens.

Commented on 05/31/2019

Hi, Ron. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @TheRockGolfClub.

Great

The course is in excellent condition. Great food great service and friendly staff. Greens are in great condition and the course plays great with correct placed shots. Will play again soon.

Commented on 05/29/2019

Mark, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Rock.

Absolute Blast!

First time we played this course. Challenging because of all the doglegs and water - but made the experience so enjoyable. We played 18 in 3 1/2 hours, so pace was great. We will be back.

Commented on 05/24/2019

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing @TheRockGolfClub.

Commented on 05/07/2019

Hello, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Sunset, South Carolina
Pickens, South Carolina
Lake Toxaway, North Carolina
Sapphire, North Carolina

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Oct 24, 2020
Sunriver Resort's Unlimited Stay & Play Golf Package includes unlimited play on Meadows, Woodlands or Caldera Links along with one round at the famed Crosswater Club per day during your stay. Better yet—your lodging is included! Two person, two night minimum stay required.