The Rock Golf Club & Resort

Year Built 1979

Walking Allowed Yes, members only before 1 PM on weekends/holidays.

Bar, Snacks, Grill

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2017 #3)

Diappointed

Arrived 20 minutes prior to tee only to discover that my online golf now booking was not on the course tee sheet. According to the course staff they have had multiple issues with golfnow as of late. I tried to contact golfnow to work out this issue but there was no one to help, no way to get help....so I’m very disappointed with golfnow to say the least

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hello. We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had when booking your round. Your feedback is important to us. We always want to make sure our golfers are clear about their purchase before checking out. We ask that you contact GolfNow customer service at 1 (800) 767-3574 for clarity. Please have your confirmation number handy. Thank you for playing The Rock Golf Club & Resort. We hope to see you again soon.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

The Course itself is in excellent shape! Unfortunately we( me and my wife) got stuck behind a large group outing. Four snd s half hours to play...which is understandable. The mowers and leaf blowers on every other hole though was a bit much! I do understand that to get the course to look as good as it does that is necessary but the constant noise coupled with the snails pace of play took away from an otherwise nice day!!

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @TheRockGolfClub.

Great Round

The Rock is a beautiful course. It has many streams and creeks that add to the beauty. #8 has one of the prettiest views you will ever see playing golf. I really enjoyed this course.

Commented on 06/09/2020

Hi. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @TheRockGolfClub!

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Memorial Weekend 2020, group of 9. Fantastic time and great golf. The golf course is a fun track and quite challenging. Some unique holes with a great setting on #8 with the waterfall. The greens were fantastic and the course improvements are quite evident. Hiking, biking and golf, there's something for everyone. We got to spend some time with Tommy and Anthony to learn about the history and surrounding area as well as future plans for the course, club house etc. In addition to learning about The Rock they both took the time to show our group some extended hospitality which we were all very impressed by. Can't thank theses guys and their staff enough. Highly recommend!

Commented on 05/28/2020

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round @TheRockGolfClub! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

good round. they let a group of 5 clog up the back 9, but all else was good.

Commented on 05/12/2020

Hi. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4 stars. We apologize for the issue you had with pace on the back 9. We appreciate the feedback for improvement, and we look forward to having you back @TheRockGolfClub!

A GREAT value

I play The Rock once or twice a week. Always have an enjoyable round. Love that if it is not too busy, the staff will allow you to tee off earlier than your tee time. Greens are looking really good.

Commented on 04/08/2020

Hello. We are beyond happy to hear how much you enjoy playing at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @TheRockGolfClub.

Commented on 04/01/2020

We want to hear more about your experience with us! Let us know in the comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon @TheRockGolfClub!

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Always great to play and catch some great views!

The number 8 par 3 is a must see for all upstate golfers!

Commented on 03/24/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing @TheRockGolfClub.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Great value course!! Great layout with a good variety of holes!!

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hello, and thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the value of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing @TheRockGolfClub. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 04/20/2020

Hi. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing @TheRockGolfClub!

Rocks a rockin

Course has really improved since Tommy acquired it. Greens were perfect and I am a golf course superintendent so I kinda know what I’m talking about. Fairways were nice even though they haven’t come out of dormancy completely If you haven’t played it in a while visit and you wasn’t be disappointed

Commented on 04/09/2020

Thank you for your review, Tim. We will pass along your positive experience to our team @TheRockGolfClub. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Beautiful Course...people playing it, not so much

Overall the course would be fit for any level player. It does play a little more narrower than most though. Beautiful Mountain View’s with creeks through the course. The 8th tee box borders a nice little waterfall. Pace of play however was atrocious. People played without regard that groups were backing up behind them. There was no course marshal to keep the pace moving along and numerous calls to the clubhouse went unanswered. So I guess people just did as they pleased. We actually completely skipped 2 holes just to get around a couple of foursomes or else we wouldn’t have finished 18 before running out of daylight...keep in mind we teed off at 1240. I would definitely play the course again, just with a way earlier start time to ensure we get to complete 18 holes.

Commented on 12/31/2019

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4 stars. We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future! Thanks for choosing @TheRockGolfClub.

Bad experience

I booked online through Golfnow to pay at the course. Had my reservation number, but the guy would not honor the online price I booked it under. I turned and was leaving when 4 more golfers came in with a booked game through Golfnow and the guy honored their rate. So I asked why honor their through the same app I booked mine and not honor
mine?

Commented on 12/31/2019

Hello. We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had with your reservation. We ask that you contact GolfNow customer service at 1 (800) 767-3574 for resolution. Please have your confirmation number handy. Thank you for choosing The Rock Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Excellent Value

Had a very enjoyable day at The Rock. Greens in excellent shape for this late in the season. Overall quite pleasurable experience.

Commented on 11/27/2019

Hi, Craig. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @TheRockGolfClub!

Commented on 11/11/2019

A must play for me

Outstanding course in my opinion. I really enjoyed the layout, the scenery and the lush fairways. Like all courses in October there are some rough patches but it is obvious they are working on them. The greens were in great condition and rolled very nicely.. Playing this course was an enjoyable experience.

Commented on 10/23/2019

Hello. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars! We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @TheRockGolfClub!

Great course for price

This was my husband and I played this course. The price was very resonable compared to other courses. It is a very nice course, great greens, challenging but not difficult. We immediately made a tee time for another day during our vacation time. Must play if you are in the area. Also, restaurant opened on second play day, good food, service.

Commented on 10/23/2019

Hello, Nancy. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you and your husband enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you both back @TheRockGolfClub!

Commented on 09/04/2019

We want to hear more about your experience with us! Please comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon! Thanks for choosing @TheRockGolfClub.

Course Continues To Improve

Fun mountain course, excellent price. Staff is very friendly and very accepting to golf now tee times. Every time I play this course I'm impressed by their improvements. If they continue to improve this course has the potential to a very good course.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Hello. Let us first start by thanking you for the great review. This is the experience we strive to provide. We partnered with GolfNow because we believe in offering our golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partner’s. We will continue to work hard and create an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing @TheRockGolfClub. We hope to see you again soon.

Sunset, South Carolina