The Rock Golf Club & Resort

Year Built 1979

Walking Allowed Yes, members only before 1 PM on weekends/holidays.

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2017 #3)

Beautiful views

Tee time 12:40 no carts. 2 fives ones on course 1 sixsome. No marshalls here or sister course. Free for all come tee times. Greens great shape

Commented on 04/22/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. We would the opportunity to bump those 3 stars to 5. Please come back soon and allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

Had a great time and will surely come back in the future. Beautiful course.

Commented on 04/23/2019

We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Too early in year

Course has great potential but too early in year I to appreciate it.

Commented on 04/01/2019

It's still winter!

Have played the course before. Use GolfNow which is the reason for the low price. Tough course due to the many streams and rivers that flow through the course. Due to it being February, the grass was still dormant, making even fairway stroked challenging. But they have upgraded some of the greens with new SOD, not reseeded - new SOD! They were much faster than the others.

Commented on 02/12/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars! We are glad that you had an overall good time at The Rock Golf Club and Resort. We'll see you again soon.

Not bad

I have played this course for 20 yrs and it is average condition but very consistent and I do recommend playing there.

Response from on 01/28/2019:
Hello u790081896, thank you for the three-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your feedback on the conditions. Thank you for playing The Rock Golf Club & Resort and we hope to see you again soon.
Response from on 01/22/2019:
Hello htauctions, thank you for the five-star rating. We are glad you had an excellent experience at The Rock Golf Club & Resort. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

Great conditions

I haven't played this course in 3 years. I'm very glad I gave it another chance. Greens putt great. Wondering they've all been replaced since I was here last. Tee boxes and fairways are in much better condition than I remember as well. I will definitely come back and play this course again.

Commented on 11/27/2019

Thank you for your 4-star review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team, and we look forward to seeing you again soon @TheRockGolfClub.

Incredibly scenic

The work and progress that has been accomplished at the course in the last few years is tremendous! Great greens now and much improved fairways. The scenery is spectacular

Commented on 10/17/2019

Hello, Mark. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @TheRockGolfClub!

Commented on 09/12/2019

Hi. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had a great time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing @TheRockGolfClub.

The Rock

Friendly staff, beautiful location, mountain streams, waterfall on #8, restaurant, bar, good pace...
Some of the fairways are tight, so old ancient wise man say "hit'em da 3 wood, leav'em driver in da bag" on the tight ones. The wife enjoys riding along and seeing the nice scenery. Makes for a great little getaway. Located off of Highway 11 which is very scenic, and also just down the road is Table Rock state park.

Commented on 09/05/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Doug. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. @TheRockGolfClub thanks you!

Great spot

Great spot.golf pro and staff were on point.i will be back

Commented on 08/08/2019

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team @TheRockGolfClub. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 06/05/2019

We hope you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, Evan. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round! Thanks for choosing @TheRockGolfClub.

#GolfLife #letsglow #GolfTravel #GolfFriends #drivechipandputt #BeautifulGolfCourses

Commented on 05/29/2019

Thank you for visiting us @TheRockGolfClub. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Good Course, Greens Need Work

Showed up a bit early for the 4pm tee time and the club house was locked, ended up starting a little late. The fairways were in good condition, and I like the course set up, which requires you to pick and place your shots wisely. The greens however were not in good shape and played very fast. Overall the course is full of scenic views and I will definitely come back to play and see if the greens have improved.

Commented on 05/22/2019

Hi, Estes. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4 stars. We appreciate your feedback, and we will inform the entire team. We look forward to having you back @TheRockGolfClub!

Tremendous Improvement

Course was in great shape. All the greens were in very great shape, fairways and tee boxes were average/good. This course was a joke 2 years ago, but new management has made incredible improvements to the course. The layout and scenery are amazing. I can't wait to see how the course will look in the next 6-12 months.

Response from on 12/28/2018:
Hello sandyanthonycampbell, thank you for the four-star rating. We are glad you had a great experience at The Rock Golf Club & Resort. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

Hidden course with enjoyable layout!

I had no idea this course existed until I found it online. Everything was well manicured and it looked like they had a lot of machines out around the course fixing and improving on items. Will definitely be back for more rounds in the future!

Response from on 09/20/2018:
Hello Lowden123, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had a great golf experience. Thank you for visiting The Rock Golf Club & Resort and we hope to see you again soon!

Great Condition since re-done greens

They have ready done some great work repairing greens and fairways. place looks great and plays well. keep up the good work.

Response from on 09/28/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our improvements and had an excellent experience. Thank you for visiting The Rock Golf Club & Resort and we hope to see you again soon!

Beautiful scenery

Really enjoyed playing here.It was my first time here,so wasn't sure what to expect.A few of the holes had issues with standing water but other than that it was really enjoyable. The staff was really friendly&the food at the clubhouse was great.

Response from on 09/06/2018:
Hello Frichard335, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and our facilities. Thank you for visiting The Rock Golf Club & Resort and we hope to see you again soon!

Goat Track

This place was the granddaddy of all goat tracks. It was so bad that it was worth my time to make an account and write this review. The staff is really friendly and the clubhouse is nice and renovated. Other than the views, thats about all they have going for them. Even at $32 it was about $10 over priced. There is no practice green and the driving range is a net...nice! If you want to practice your short game before you go, practice on your driveway because its probably softer than the greens. There were 2 temporary greens. The fairways on the front weren’t terrible but the back had no fairways. Hopefully youll be able to reach the green from the tee because if you hit it in the “fairway” you may not find your ball. There were several greens that recently undergone some very poor sod jobs. To top it all off, I ordered a burger and fries from the clubhoue and received no more than about 15 french fries, but they were good at least. Needless to say the course should be currently closed down while they attempt to make this track playable. So unless you just want to venture up toward that neck of the woods to see how bad it is for entertainment purposes, just stay away. You can thank me later.

Commented on 07/15/2018

Well, well, well...I just had to get an account to respond to your comments. If your age is correct (under 25) you have never seen "the granddaddy of all goat tracks". So, why didn't you play The Cliffs, or travel to Pinehurst? Was this the first time you have played The Rock? Did you see the condition of this course before the improvements?
My husband and son are in the low single digit handicap and they both enjoy The Rock. This is a fun and most times challenging course...I have played many courses in Pinehurst . I have seen the changes of The Rock for the past 10 years....have you? In your review you did not compare other courses from your expertise. Your comment regarding the fairways on the back nine...the back nine is lower to flood plain which means they may have been wet.12, 13 and 14 fairways can remain wet longer because of rain and can not be mowed. Use a pink or yellow ball and just enjoy a game of golf for $32 or go to Pinehurst and pay $300 to play #2 and not see a single creek or waterfall or range of elevation. If you do not enjoy "that neck of the woods", again travel elsewhere. There are many of us that enjoy a change of scenery when it comes to golf. I do agree with you regarding the net as I do miss hitting balls before playing. I so wish they would remove the net. For those of you reading this, please do not take errolly6's review seriously...you will thank me later.

Sunset, South Carolina