Calhoun Country Club

Calhoun Country Club sprawls across Saint Matthews' gently rolling hills. The club offers a championship golf course that is woven through stands of towering pines and mature hardwoods. Scenic landscaping accentuates the course, blending in seamlessly with the beauty of the natural terrain. The trees come into play along the fairways but they are not the landscape's only hazard. A pond and a stream come into play on several holes, most memorably on the par-4 15th where golfers will have to carry the stream that cuts across the hole. Another challenging hole is the par-4 17th. Accuracy is required in order to navigate the dogleg left fairway and the well protected green. Calhoun Country Club also has a driving range and putting green for golfers to use and there are also tennis courts for those who don't play golf.
Scorecard for Calhoun
Blue M: 71.1/132 316 376 390 185 475 473 182 376 536 3309 481 175 472 420 198 378 165 379 385 3053 6362
White M: 69.0/128 306 365 357 177 463 429 168 344 515 3124 444 165 454 398 185 349 156 339 355 2845 5969
Gold M: 65.7/117 W: 70.7/123 276 240 310 168 425 382 145 320 440 2706 424 155 425 320 162 330 143 265 300 2524 5230
Red W: 67.2/114 253 212 304 164 348 298 143 272 432 2426 391 148 418 295 157 276 125 249 297 2356 4782

Year Built 1959
Architect Ellis Maples

Clubs No

Dress code Proper golf attire such as collared shirts, no denim are required.

Amazing Food 4

Looks abandoned

This course is in the worst condition that I have ever seen any course. It looks as though it has been closed for some time. The grass is so high that you can't find the fairway from the tee box. The bunkers are overgrown and the strange part is that the greens weren't that bad. I am not a prima donna and can excuse a lot of faults but this made me leave after playing just five holes.

CHALLENGING!

The greens were beautiful. The fairways could use some help. There are plenty of mature trees, a small creek on the back 9 and a couple of beautiful ponds. The course needs a little help, but I think by refilling the sand in the bunkers, landscaping the fairways a bit and getting rid of some of the debris left from the hurricane this course will be top notch! There is no other course within a 50 mile radius such as this. A true diamond in the rough. No pun on words. I am hearing some rumors that by the fall of 2018 it will have undergone a huge facelift and will look better than it has ever. I can hardly wait for the transformation!

Couldn't tell fairway from rough

I wouldn't recommend this course to anyone.The staff was great.I had an 8am tee time.I arrived at 1st hole and hit a solid drive right down middle of fairway.It took me 20 minutes to find my ball because grass was not cut in fairway.This happened all day.Also with grass so high ball wouldn't release when it hit fairway.It just stopped as if I hit into a bunker.Greens has ant piles on some of them.I will definitely not be going back

Lots of elevation changes, beautiful views.

Four of us played this course in early April and were pleased at the prices and the conditions, but the greens were still filling in and so we came back in late May and found the course to be in excellent shape with hardly a single fault with any of the greens. We played right after the member guest event was finishing and met some really friendly and receptive folks at the course. There is still some wooded areas that are being burned out and cleared, otherwise this course is a jewel of a deal for the asking price of 10.00 for 18 with a cart. Well worth the drive from out of town.

sad

I love this course!!!! But when staff and green keepers come in the way of playing a round of golf then something is wrong.... I had to putt while the sprinklers were still going and the guy cutting the grass knew I I was there... then on the 9th fairway he cuts across the fairway while I am setting up my shot!! I mean come on!! I finished out maybe 4 more holes but I was so irritated that I couldn't even play!! RESPECT!! Come on!!! I've been there no less than 25 times in the passed year and a half.... but sadly that will be my last experience there....

Sad to say.....

Great Value! Great Course!!

We play weekly. The Golfnow.com deal @ $10 w/Cart is FANTASTIC and hard to beat! This course is always in great shape and rarely do you run into delays while playing. Last summer (2015) the greens were the best around!! Beautiful course!

FFCG
Florida's First Coast of Golf
Explore premier golf courses and accommodations, book a tee time, discover new skills at our top-rated golf academies or check out one of our exclusive Florida golf packages. Whether you’re visiting Amelia Island, Palm Coast, or the pristine coastal destinations in between, Florida’s First Coast is your ultimate golf getaway.

great elevation changes

Challenging course. Once the cleanup of cut trees is completed, should prove to be quite nice.

Good Course to play

Was able to get a early tee time and play at a pace without any distractions. Very satisfied with the course because the weather was great. The course is good to very good as some holes were challenging. I don't play enough to be a scratch golfer but on my best days I normally score 84-94. After a three week layoff, I was well off my score by 8 shots but I contribute that to the course layout and my poor club selection. However, the course is good and I recommend it to others.

Great features not great condition

I've played the course before and it was in much better condition. I was surprised about how dry the greens were and that some of the fairways were not well-kept.

Valid dates: Sep 17, 2018 - Oct 31, 2018