Oyster Bay Golf Links

2.2
2.2
2.6

Scorecard for Oyster Bay
Gold M: 72.1/136 390 450 460 190 550 165 390 160 560 3315 440 450 370 330 535 210 470 165 400 3370 6685
Blue M: 69.8/130 380 420 425 180 530 155 380 150 550 3170 430 430 360 320 525 135 450 120 385 3155 6325
White M: 67.6/120 W: 72.6/133 309 359 394 159 473 135 333 139 470 2771 399 400 313 276 474 103 389 106 345 2805 5576
Red M: 65.2/118 W: 66.8/118 265 320 320 135 380 95 275 100 450 2340 250 360 260 230 410 85 360 75 295 2325 4665

Year Built 1983
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Bermuda
Architect Dan Maples

Hard to understand what they are trying to do improving the course

This was my 3rd course to play pre-World Am. The general area had a hard winter and loss of grass hit a lot of golf courses. Oyster bay had one hole where they had sodded over half of the hole (#2) fairway. But, the sod looked dead (completely brown). In order to get sod to take hold and grow...it must be watered. This hole looked like it had not been watered in a long long time. On that hole the sod was nicely fitted into the fairway just dead. On another hole, they had laid a lot of sod...but it was not fitted in so there was a huge ridge where the grass was laid on top.

The greens were in pretty good condition but a tad slow...normal for MB area in summer. Most of the holes were in ok shape.

Nice layout, friendly staff. Fun course to play.

Breakfast buffet and lunch was good.

Can’t believe they call this a golf course

Been playing Oyster Bay every year since 1984. When I played this course last week with 25 other golfers I could not believe what I was seeing. Burned out fairways, greens that were either dirt or covered with sand, dirt tees, NO grounds keepers and a clubhouse void of employees after our round.

What has the Legends Group done to this course? I remember when Oyster Bay was one of the gems of Myrtle Beach. So sad to see it go the way of It’s former neighbor Marsh Harbour.

The word is that the proprietors decided not to cover the greens during the winter to save money. Well, they paid the price. Out of 18 greens 16 were like putting in a sand trap.

The part that upsets me off is that they charged full price and never declared the conditions to us prior to signing up.

The Legends Group has lost us as customers and that includes all their courses.

After 34 years, it’s adious.

Ed Randolph

Greens disappointing

The course was in decent shape, however, the greens were not in good shape.

DO NOT PLAY HERE OYSTER BAY

THE GREENS WERE NEAR UNPLAYABLE. The course requires maintenance, it is in disrepair. I can not say enough bad things about the greens. The staff was friendly and the only shining spot of the day.

Great Layout, everything else was very so-so

The course design and layout was great. Between the wetlands and lakes, the course provides great views and challenging, but fair shots. Playing in high winds like I did made it quite the adventure. You also get to get up close and personal with some gators, which is pretty cool if that is your thing.

The condition of the course was very...so-so. Some of the tee boxes were torn up and the majority of the greens had a lot (and in some cases the whole green) of dirt that had just been painted green. The area had been dealing with tough weather conditions so hopefully, they get it straightened out as the weather gets warmer.

My biggest complaint with this course was staff's disorganization. It was a busy day when we went and the less-than-friendly staff started us off the back nine-which isn't ideal, but is fine. However, when we came make the turn, we were told they would fit us in when they could and we sat and waited almost an hour before getting off on the front nine (our back nine).

Beautiful Course, Pace of Play Noy Great

The course has so much natural beauty. On the front, you're in wetlands and the back in the lakes. The layout is interesting with a nice mix of short and long that let you hit a lot of different clubs. The last 6 holes are great. We played on a Saturday afternoon and the pace of the play on the front was brutal (2:45-3 hours). They had people going off the front and back so when we teed off it was on 1 behind a bunch of other groups that had already played the back. Once they cleared, we played the back in 1:30 and it was glorious. It really impacted how much we enjoyed the round, but I do like the course.

Aw Shucks!

Free breakfast and lunch included with every round!Great layout with some very eye pleasing holes. Course wasn't that long coming in at just under 6000 from the whites. You might be tempted to play from the blues at 6400 but settle down fella your not that good. Stick to the whites wherever you play.Lot's of water on the back with gators in them to so beware. The 3's were all short except for one with a few island greens. Very nice! Greens were all in good condition and roll nice with lots of buried volkswagons and baby elephants.Disappointed in the shape of the fairways though. There was grass, but it was fairly thin. Nice course, with a great layout. If your in the area it's worth a shot but i wouldn't travel to play it.

Day 2 Myrtle Beach World Am - windy and wet with lots of alligators

With a storm moving up the coast, we had sprinkles off and on but pretty high winds most of the day. Considering how wet the course was the wind just added to the difficulty trying to choose the right club.

This was my Day 2 course of the Myrtle Beach World Amateur. I have played it several times before.

Lots of water comes into play. Greens were decent, not great but certainly not like the first day Barefoot Love course where they sucked.

Had it not been so wet, the course would have been a lot more enjoyable. Lots of mud balls and plugged balls in fairway.

On holes 15 and 16, I counted a 15 alligators of all sizes laying on the banks by the water on the edge of the fairway.

Very Nice Place to Play in Myrtle Beach Area

First time I've played this course and it was a pleasant surprise compared to what I expected. Conditions were very good considering they weather they had the previous week. The day I played it was very, very windy which hurt on a lot of shots. I would go back on a day that isn't so windy. We expected rain, but it never came.

Nice piece of property...

Beautiful piece of property and great layout...Terrible golf course. Tee boxes were sand with little to no grass. Greens were like putting on bumpy fairways. Sand traps haven't been raked or had sand added in years I'm sure. They have really let the course go very sad and very disappointing!

Great but needs TLC

Oyster Bay has phenomenal holes - including two island par-3s. The wildlife - gators and birds - and the views are tremendous. The place just needs maintenance. Cart paths are a wreck. The bunkers don't drain. There are a lot of patches, particularly in the rough, and we're not talking about "waste areas." The layout deserves better. Do play this course, but the Legends group needs to put some money into this place. It deserves it!

Great Day

Very enjoyable round of golf. Great layout. Both fairways and greens were in good condition. Pace of play was great, never waited on a hole and our foursome finished in 4 hours. Will definitely return and have recommended to a number of our friends.

A pleasant suprise!

Very nice and scenic course. Beautiful location.

Weather was perfect, 80* and a Carolina Blue sky!

Course was interesting but fair. Some of the traps were cement hard, due to recent heavy rains. So you had to chip instead. Oh well.

Tee boxes and faurways were in really great condition. The greens were really slow. They needed cutting and rolling, but again, recent heavy rains were the cause.

Lots and lots of baby alligators.

And I have never see a Fox Squirrel before. They are huge compared to a regular one.

I will play here again when we return to Myrtle Beach in the fall.

1st time playing oyster bay. Loved the layout. Sand traps a little hard. Our group received breakfast, lunch and 2 drink tickets. Played course as a package deal so not sure of actual cost. We definitely would play it again

Tourist Trap

This course is a tourist trap. The free food brings out the golfers, but you are herded through like cattle. It has the feel of the Wings stores or a bad All you can eat seafood buffet. Guy in pro shop very unprofessional. Starter was pleasant and helpful. Course has interesting layout, but has been extremely neglected. A couple of holes if you barely missed the green you can't find your ball in the heavy grass clippings that are left on the ground. This management group is obviously about quantity of golfers they can herd through rather than Quality. They need to take some lessons from the Glens Group on how to treat people and maintain golf courses.

Awesome course

First time playin oyster bay and i loved it. Course in good shape fairways and greens were nice. Greens a little slow but not bad. The main thing about this course is just a great layout. Lots of fun scenic holes awesome views great design. course plays longer than the yardage says so play the right tee for your game. If had to give a negative about course only thing could say would be tee boxes need a little work on few holes and could use a new cart path but i can deal with that stuff cause everything else is great. Will play many more times. Last but not least watch out for the big gator who lives around island green 17 th he is a big boy

Liked very much!

After reading a few poor reviews on this course I was hesitant to book it and now am so glad I went ahead.

There are so many beautiful holes to play and many with significantly different features and looks. The water keeps you focused with a level of fear and respect lol.

There are a few small patches in the fairways that need some attention and the tee blocks could use more water and seed but all in all, a wonderful course to play.

4th time ........ and last time

Just returned from our 4th annual buddies trip, and the 4th time playing Oyster Bay. Each year, it has ranked near or at the bottom of the ratings and this year it again came in last place. From the hardpan first cut of rough, to the seemingly "invented" tee boxes, or the hit & miss greens and patchy fairways, it was painfully clear this course desperately needs to increase its maintenance budget. It appeared very little pride and/or care was taken in many cases -- some white tee boxes seemed to be nothing more than an early patch of fairway mowed a little more closely (albeit poorly). We won't play this course again.

Apparently the staff at this course have no respect for disabled vets at this course !!!!!!!!!

First of all I'd like to start off by saying that I'm not one of those whine, cry and get their feelings hurt and runs off crying. I've thought long and hard about writing this review and that's why the delay. The A.D.A. ( American Disability Act) ensures that everyone with a disability will treated fairly and not be discriminated against. I suffer from a condition called Post Thrombotic Syndrome, in layman's terms my leg had complications from numerous surgery's from my injuries causing my blood to constantly to fill my leg. The more I walk the more painful it is. I'm limited to 4-5 hours of activity a day. On the morning of February 25th my buddies and I were excited to play the legendary Oyster Bay. We entered the pro shop and everything was rush rush rush with the staff, I asked for a handicap flag for my cart, the response I got was "it's to wet it's cart path only, if you can't do that I can't let you play"!!!!! I tried to explain to the staff member that even though the other courses we had played earlier were cart path only they still issued me a handicap flag and I'd be extremely careful and not create any damage. The staff member said sorry and turned his back on me. I was flabbergasted up until this point EVERYONE we meet was so helpful and friendly and this guy was a total Douche

Showing its age

This course was ok. We have played it several times over the years and it continues to age less then gracefully. Conditions were "ok" but could be better if some money was put into it. The layout is average, but not a bad course for average golfers. If your looking for a course that will wow you or offer super challenges, this is not for you. The staff needs to loosen up a bit and more tender loving care needs to be put into the course. A good on the way in or on the way out of Myrtle Beach play. The weakest of the Legends Resort group.

3.0191764706