A view from Santee National Golf Club

Santee National Golf Club possesses all of the charms of the Carolina Lowcountry but it is also nicely contrasted with highland terrain. The course sprawls across rolling hills covered with moss-draped live oaks that demand accuracy. Both the scenery and the challenges continue with pristine white sand bunkers that stand out against the lush greens. There are also five sparkling lakes throughout that come into play on several holes. The front nine is wide open but the course narrows as you move onto the back nine and it also becomes more wooded. It is a tough golf course but more forgiving than it seems. As the only Golf Digest 4-star rated course in the area, Santee National has a longstanding reputation with locals and it is also popular with visitors.

Santee National Golf Club

Year Built 1989
Greens Bermuda
Architect Porter Gibson

Fantastic Greens

Lots of rain. Couldn't play bunkers as they were full of water. Price was great and the greens were very nice

Commented on 02/25/2020

Hello. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Santee National. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us.

Great value

This course is a little out of the way, thus not a lot of people there. Given the time of year (early Feb) the grass was in good shape. Recent rain left bunkers with puddles of water, but not terribly so. Greens excellent shape.

Commented on 02/12/2020

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @SanteeNational.

Found this Gem on the way back to AVL

Beautiful Course . Layout was awesome. Greens were extremely slow will try this course again and hope the greens have been mowed/rolled. Was like putting on shag carpet

On another note I can not post my score to GHIN because I played the Gold Tees and this course has restricted GHIN to only allow women to post scores for red tees. At least that is what I was told. Please update the tee box selection. There are plenty of woman that play back tee boxes. Thank you.

Commented on 02/12/2020

Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. Your feedback about GHIN scoring is important to us and will pass it on to our management team. We look forward to seeing you again on the course soon! Thanks for choosing @SanteeNational.

Santee National

Mid 70’s and moderate wind made for an excellent early Feb golf day. Over seeded fairways were well maintained and greens rolled well. Previous rain made a few fairways soft but playable. Long par 3’s and a few sloping greens made this an interesting test. Staff was very congenial, nice range and putting green. Perfect stop while heading south.

Commented on 02/07/2020

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at @SanteeNational!

#BeautifulGolfCourses

very nice course, electric carts with rain hood for clubs. Course was not busy even though the weather was great. course was in wxcellent condition , faiways were nice and green no dead spots, greens dyed as is normal in the area for this time of year. My wife and I enjoyed it very much and will certainly put it on our list of courses to play again.

Commented on 01/28/2020

Hello. We are beyond happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you both, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @SanteeNational.

Commented on 01/28/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round and thanks for choosing @SanteeNational!

#Golf #GolfLife #letsglow #GolfTravel #GolfFriends #NineteenthHole #drivechipandputt #BeautifulGolfCourses

Great round

The course was in great shape...for this time of year, remarkable! Very few people on course, I played in about 2 hours and 10 minutes (was by myself). Highly recommended!!!

Commented on 01/22/2020

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again on the course soon! Thanks for choosing @SanteeNational.

Great Value

Once again had a blast at Santee. Definitely worth the 45 minute drive from summerville. Played after rain so bunkers were ponds. Greens painted rolled good (fast) just give it a tap. Would recommend to anyone close to book a tee time.

Commented on 01/07/2020

Hello, Mike. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @SanteeNational!

Excellent

Really nice course. Perfect greens. Wonderful fairways. Staff was superb. Check it out.

Commented on 02/04/2020

Hello. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @SanteeNational.

Boykins Favorite

SN is my favorite course. I call it my get well course after a few bad rnds at other courses, love the set up and the uniqueness of the holes. Staff is very friendly.

Commented on 01/22/2020

Hello. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed another great day at our course, and we look forward to many good times ahead. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @SanteeNational.

Commented on 01/02/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round and thanks for playing @SanteeNational!

Great Winter time golf

I really enjoy playing this course. The course is in great shape consider it is winter in the SC. The over seeding has taken quite well and the greens ate fast and true.

Commented on 12/19/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. @SanteeNational thanks you!

Commented on 11/27/2019

Hi. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing @SanteeNational!

Worth the ride...

It's a 42 mile drive to Santee National Golf Course, but it's an easy drive on 26 and 95. I've played this course a number of times and have always had a great experience. I've found the first 3rd of the course to lure you in with the undulations and accessibility which often promotes good play from me. I've found that the course becomes more challenging as you progress through the holes and all 4 par 3's will test your long irons. I've brought both friends and family members to this course over the years and plan to continue in the future.

Commented on 11/26/2019

Hello, Leon. We are beyond happy to hear you and your family and friends have enjoyed great days at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences. We look forward to having you back @SanteeNational!

Very Enjoyable round of golf

Great layout, over seed maturing, greens in great shape!

So much fun, I will be back tomorrow!

Commented on 11/22/2019

Beautiful course

Loved my day on Santee National. Only issues were the tees and fairways over seeded. Course still played outstanding. Greens rolled perfectly. Great layout.

Commented on 10/29/2019

Hello, Jim. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 5 stars. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule and keeping them in pristine condition. We will let the entire crew know their hard work is paying off. Please come back soon for another 5-star experience @SanteeNational.

Nice playable layout

My wife and I played on back to back days in late October shortly after they had reseeded. The new seed was in the process of filling in so things were not quite at their peak condition, that being said the it was still very enjoyable. The layout was very playable for both of us, and while we play regularly we are average at best. The staff were welcoming and did everything possible to make our experience enjoyable. I would love to come back and play here again when it is in top condition!

Commented on 12/19/2019

Hello, Kevin. We are beyond happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you both. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at @SanteeNational.

Commented on 10/29/2019

Hi. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please comment further to share with us the best part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing @SanteeNational!

Challenging layout

Tee boxes, fairways and greens in good shape.
Bunkers thin and had small rocks . These need sand. Greens are to read. Some of that was the grain. Weather was great. Can’t hit driver off every tee and some par threes from the white are 200 yards - yikes.

Commented on 10/29/2019

It sounds like you had a good time! Thank you for your 4-star review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team @SanteeNational. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nice Course!

Nice Course. Overall Well with some really nice holes through the wood. Only problem are the mosquitoes. Take a repellent with you!!! Apart from that good value for money.

Commented on 10/29/2019

Hello, u075748830. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. Let us first start by apologizing for the mosquitos that joined you during your visit. We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing @SanteeNational, we hope to see you again soon.

Santee, South Carolina
Santee, South Carolina
Summerton, South Carolina
Holly Hill, South Carolina
Saint Matthews, South Carolina

Valid dates: Mar 02, 2020 - May 24, 2020
Experience extraordinary play on five fully renovated championship courses boasting pristine conditions. This spring, villa accommodations start at just $241/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary from $453/person/night (midweek).