2.6
1 reviews

Oconee Country Club

Year Built 1948
Greens Diamond Zoysia

Dress code Men must wear shirts with collars

Bar, Grill

Lounge

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in South Carolina (2016 #24)

Nightmare

just now
Have quite a long review but this needs to be shared for anyone thinking about coming to this course.

Myself and a co-worker went to play a round after work. Went in my work clothes to pay and was going to change at my car. Ronnie the staff member says in a scoffing manner “you’re not going to wear that are you?” To which I reply “no I have to change.” He seemed a little rude but I didn’t think much of it and continued out to wait for my co worker to show up.

We tee off on the 10th. We like the back 9 and it was never mentioned to us not to play the back 9. Ronnie comes out and sits in a cart at the club house to watch us hit off the tee. (They were bad shots I’ll admit). He then rides down and tells us we jumped in front of the guys on 9. Which we had no idea were behind us because it’s a blind hole. They were not in sight when we headed to the 10th. We looked back after Ronnie pointed them out, and they were hitting their approach shots and walking to putt as we hit our second balls off the tee.(first drive of the day was a bad one). He comes back down AGAIN and tells us again as we’re heading to our cart to hurry or let them play through. To which I replied if they get close we will. One thing no golfer wants is a staff member rushing then through the course, especially when it’s unwarrented.
We ride down to our balls halfway down the 10th. I hit my approach shot 10ft from the green. Go to my cart and he chases me down to tell me to hurry or let them play through. At this point I’m aggravated, He JUST told us this, so I tell him “I’m playing golf and moving forward.”

The previous group mentioned just pulled up to the tee box at this time, as we are getting to the green. I park near the green up and he comes AGAIN, chastising me to let them play through. Again they are just hitting off the tee which on any course I’ve ever played is normal. We had 2 guys they had 5!!!! I tell him this and he threatens to kick me off of the course. We move to the next tee box, wait for the guys behind us and tell them that they are more than welcome to play through, they tell us we’re fine and to continue. We remind them that if they ever have to wait on us to let us know and they can play through.

We then play a few holes and look behind us from the tee box on 16 and he’s standing on the 17th green above watching us. We then make it to the 17 we park the cart on the cart path which we were very careful the entire round because he told us prior to going out that it’s cart path only. He comes over AGAIN!!! and hollers at us to stay on the cart path and we are literally on the cart path the entire time! We tell him we’ve not gone off of it all day. Then proceeds to speed off right near a green and tells us he’s going to call his supervisor on us may I mention he rides away all over the grass NOT ON THE CART PATH.

We finish up, get to our cars he then approaches us AGAIN!!!! asks for my name which I chose to not disclose and he says “that’s fine because I took a picture of your plates.” And speeds off again.
We were being treated like criminals the entire 9 holes and I was getting sick of it!

What an absolute circus they have going on out there when Ronnie is working. The man needs a babysitter or he will drive business away. I actually enjoy this course and wish to play again, but as long as Ronnie is working I will make sure myself, and everyone I know steers clear of that guy. He is a disease to this business and to anyone that wants to play golf here.
Also.......we spoke to the gentlemen after the round that he claims we cut in front of. And they say that Ronnie comes up to them when they were on the 9th and asked them if we asked to get in front of them. They say no and he says “want me to go yell at them?” and one of them said “no it’s OK they’re fine.” But yet Ronnie proceeded to come “yell” at us.

For the record.....We played atleast 1-2 holes In front of the the entire time.

The course winds through the hills in Oconee county. Not long by todays standards, but most holes are tree lined on one or both sides, so if you slice or hook, the course will get you. Overall very comfortable to play and the locals are very friendly

Oconee CC

I recommend this course. We like the layout, condition and the friendly staff.

Saturday at Oconee

I've played this course many times since it is a short drive from home. After 5 inches of rain in a week, I was not expecting much of the course. I was surprised to find the course was very playable using the 90 degree rule for carts. I was especially impressed by the young people working in and around the clubhouse. They were warm and friendly and seemed to want to insure we (my grandson and I) had a good day at the golf course. I'll be back to Oconee soon.

Great Local Course

Oconee is in great shape, not too long, and lots of fun! Go play!

R&R

Awesome experiance and great layout love the surroundings great location and great course ...I'll be back again

exellant and well maintained course. fairways good, greens good but somewhat deceiving on putts. challenging I would say. short par 3's , a few dogleg par 4:s. couldn't ask for a better course for the money or even a little more. couple water holes to play.bunkers in good shape, would most deffinently play it again.

excellent value

I have played Oconee several times over the past four years and the condition of the course has never been better than when i played recently. Although some of the holes on the front nine are not my cup of tee, the back nine layout is both fair and challenging. The staff was great, allowing us to tee off about 40 minutes prior to the hot deal tee time I had secured. The rates here are always good; the hot deal rate (in this case $1 per hole) made this round an absolute steal.

nice course with some of the rudest locals I have ever run across, we were run off the course after 9 hole by the local groups, we were actually told we had no right to be there. manager and bartender were great and took care of a bad situation. make sure to ask at the clubhouse before your round when the locals play

Fun and relaxing

If you want a relaxed game, friendly staff and an enjoyable afternoon with a few buddies this is the pick. You will be challenged on some shots and course is very playable. But If your looking for perfection of course conditions or a formal golf environment then go somewhere else.
For Fun and value- I would recommend it.

BFF

Nice course. Beautiful greens. Had a 5some 2 groups ahead of us in the middle of the day. Not good.

The elevated greens are great

Really is a very fair and enjoyable course!Wish that I could play it more often!

Very nice course, fairways are brown now but the tee boxes and greens are very green and in great shape.

Go and play

Course is in good condition greens a little tricky so slow some fast a little far from Asheville but for the price will go back enjoy it go and play

Won't go back

The clubhouse is run down, staff not friendly at all. The course is way to tight in the middle of nowhere. You need to constantly be alert of people teeing off on other holes, I almost got hit with drives more than 3 times. You need a helmet playing out their. The only positive was the Greens were in good shape and rather challenging.

Beautiful course

The course was in great shape - greens were perfect and fairways lush!

This is an outstanding value for your money. The greens are awesome. They are diamond zoysia and they are in great shape. The staff is great! The course is always in great shape. Just enough bend in the fairways to make you pay attention.

Scenic Course & Friendly Staff!I

Beautiful course in top condition. Great place to perfect you swing on side hill and other uneven lies. Lush greens rolled true. Elevation changes provide vista & challenge in club selection.

Staff in Pro-shop & Grill couldn't have been friendlier.

If you are anywhere near the Clemson area, ...make your way to Oconee to play!

Seneca, South Carolina