A view from The Club at Pine Forest

The 18 semi-private holes at Pine Forest wind through the tall Summerville pines with numerous live oaks, dogwoods and a lake system thrown in for good measure. With an equal balance of straightaways, doglegs and elevation changes, this course is nicely balanced, with challenges and fun in store for golfers of all levels. Rental clubs and electric carts are available.

At 6,905 yards with a 138-slope rating, Pine Forest lives up to its name, as the course has numerous barriers of tall Summerville pines to cause problems for an errant shot. The Bob Spence design also makes use of water to add to the difficulty of some holes. It's a semi-private course, and they've named each hole, with No. 12 being known as "Little Augusta" while No. 15 is "Wastelands."

The Club at Pine Forest

Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Great price, good play

The course was a little wet, but heck, it’s February...

winter golf

I imagine this is a really nice course when there is grass on the fairways. Winter conditions are very wet.

Dufficult course that does not drain well

Not extremely long but very difficult. The fairways are peppered with moguls, which also surround the greens. The greens are also all elevated. Don’t leave your wedges at home. You will not roll any balls onto these greens. You have to put it there. In good wreathes a good course, but rain is.bane to this course. On the day I played it was cart path only. Still water was everywhere as were muddy areas. The driving range was closed because the rain softens the ground are balls are lost in the mud. Call before going the find out the conditions. I have played this course several times and when it is in good shape it is a fun course.

Turtle Golf

I gave up after the 2 hour and 45 minute front 9. I could have napped at each tee box.

Good Course and Great Value

I play Pine Forest whenever I am in the area. The course is an interesting design, with many multi tiered and elevated greens. It is a challenge for golfers of any level. And the novice players should bring lots of ammo and their sense of humour.

The Club at Pine Forest

We always enjoy this course. Just difficult enough to challenge the beginner and seasoned golfer. The cart paths could use some work but that's our only complaint.

Missouri Advisor

January Golf

Played this in January several years back... It was in the 40's and a fun day of golf... Hard to tell how a course actually is in the middle of January of course. I might bump my review to a four star if it was in season and I could play it again.

Most for your money

This is always a fun course to play. The greens looked great on New Year’s Day while the rest of the course was still Saturated with water from the previous rain we had. We could have played faster if the 2 guys in front of us didn’t hit 4 balls off the tee box every hole the. Go find all 4 balls.

Waste of time

Course was wet and muddy. Fairways in rough shape. Greens were extremely slow and bumpy. Will not play this course again.

Steve in Dec

Course was very wet, cart paths very bumpy. Lot of water hazrds. Got no run on frways. Maybe better in late spring early summer

Great value

This coarse is a little more challenging but not enough to discourage you but enough to make you want to come back for more.

Disappointed

Course in very bad shape and greens were horrible. It was my first round since moving here and I was very disappointed.

Other golfers/conditions

The staff set me right up to go a little ahead. My only set back was the tightness to play on the course, especially on a windy day such as today. It is not the best course by far (roots have taken a toll on the cart path, dry greens with bald spots, and more random 10 foot wide hills that are 5 foot tall) hitting these hills and the winding cart paths bounce your ball either A.) to the next hole which runs parallel to previous hole or B.) into the thorn thick woods. The “members” act like this is Augusta and have an attitude, will NOT let you play through their sub BOGEY golf game. The staff was friendly as can be, with some up keep to the cart trails, some more trees between the parallel holes, and either an irrigation system for lack of rain, this course could be pretty awesome. I Would recommend this to anyone as I intend to play here again but only for the marked down price I did today

Tough test

Have played here many times. Just turned 65 so I played the Sr tees. Different layout,but the greens are still very challenging. Greens were much better than last time . smooth and true with decent speed. Will be back this year and recommend it to friends. Still have to have a great short game. Shot 74.

RIDICULOUS

Do not book the 8:20 a.m. tee time because you will not tee off at that time. The course apparently has a group of around 20 or so men who play every morning at 8 a.m. in something called a blitz. Even though all the men appeared to be ready to go before 8 a.m., no one teed off until then. It wasn't until I started walking towards the 1st tee that I realized I would be waiting because there will still 2 more groups of these men to tee off. As you can imagine 4 or 5 foursomes not teeing off until 8 a.m. meant I would not be meeting my 8:20 tee time. I'm unsure why the course has tee times available when obviously this group plays every day.

I was a single and I played behind these groups for the entire 18. I thought at some point during the round golf etiquette would take over and the men would realize that even thought I was walking and they each had their own cart I was still waiting on every shot anywhere from 8 to 10 minutes. At no time did I ever see a ranger and I'm guessing even if there was one, it wouldn't have mattered. Apparently these men run the course and they didn't care if anyone else was playing. And the course seems to have decided to cater to these men rather than ensuring the pace of play or golf etiquette is being observed.

During the back 9 I decided to start walking even slower to my next shot; however I couldn't seem to put any space between myself and this group. I was happy when the 18 holes were over. Another note about the course in general is possibly stop overwatering the greens and the area around the greens. There hasn't been rain for several weeks, yet the entire area around every green was a muddy mosh pit because of how much it had been watered. There was no need for this.

If I play here again, I will either call and try to get a much earlier tee time or wait until later in the day when this group of "Blitz Men" are off the course.

This tee time should not even be posted by the course or if it is going to be there should be a notation by it alerting those interested that they may have an 8:20 tee time, but they will not be teeing off then and to be prepared to follow individuals who could care less about anyone but themselves.

Summerville, South Carolina
Summerville, South Carolina
North Charleston, South Carolina
Charleston, South Carolina
Moncks Corner, South Carolina
Charleston, South Carolina

Valid dates: Feb 25, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020
Grab Your Buddies and head to Las Vegas for this incredible all-inclusive golf package. This golf package offers everything you need to guarantee an incredible Las Vegas golf trip.