Tucked away in the "high hills of Santee," Beech Creek Golf Club is situated on what is arguably the most scenic piece of property in Sumter County. The course tumbles across lush, forested hills, across elevation changes of over 100 feet. Natural wetlands, which were incorporated as hazards, further enhance the golf course's scenery. Mature trees blanket the course, coming into play along the fairways and framing most of the holes. The dramatic undulations of the terrain provide not only tricky uneven lies and a few blind shots but also scenic views of the surrounding countryside. The layout stretches to just over 6,800 yards. Its length is manageable and the design is fair. Beech Creek G.C. has built its reputation on having excellent conditions year-round as well as for being one of the best values in the area.

Year Built 1989

Single Allowed No

7/15

Course is in great shape. Greens were cut and well manicured. Pro shop is always friendly and the food is always good. Great getaway from Columbia!

And the golf carts are the best around. Nice gas powered Yamaha’s!

Finally some grass on the greens!

Made a trip from Columbia since the reviews indicated the greens were in good shape. They were in really great shape compared to the greens in Columbia. They should just shut down Indian River and The Spur.(Northwoods) Their greens are like putting on dirt. At Beach Creek Only a few bad spots on just two of them and those you could still putt over. The range had grass as well and was in great shape unlike Indian River where you hit off dirt. The greens rolled true and not bouncy at all like the ones in Columbia. The layout covered all possible shots in golf. Dog legs right and left. Short par 4's and long par 4's as well as par 5's. This is truley a hidden gem. The staff at Beach Creek was really nice and check-in a breeze. When I mentioned my tee time they replied with my last name and said were're good to go unlike several courses where they have no idea that you even paid, singed up, or wanted you to prove it with the e-mail. Very nice touch to actually care to keep up with the Golf Now deals. Sorry to bash the courses at this time in Columbia but asking 35.00 to putt over dirt is an insult. The only bad thing from this course was that the bunkers were very hard and had not been raked/turned over in a while. They were like hitting off the cartpath. Glad I was only in once unlike my friend was in them all day...lol

Great fun to be had!

This golf course is so much fun to play!
It has so many different qualities, at one point you feel like you’re playing a links course, then a mountain course then a course where you have to fly water hazards. It’s always in great shape and the staff is very friendly. It’s a hidden gem!!

Beech Creek

Course in great shape. A couple greens have trouble, but, nothing major. Great course, fun to play.

A Surprise Outing

We played on a Saturday & pace of play was above average with NO waiting. Course has interesting variations of holes offering a challenge for all levels of golfers. Price using GolfNow makes this course a treat to play. Recommend this course. We will play it again when in the area.

Fun course, excellent value.

This is a fun, challenging but very playable golf course. The greens were in fairly good conditions, and the staff were very friendly.

Good experience

Interesting layout. Will improve in summer weather. Good deal for the price we paid. Very friendly staff.

Great Shape

I played two day's after we received almost 3.05 inches of rain and the course was in fantastic shape. Of course the lowest parts of the course were still a little wet but nothing that required it be cart paths only. The greens this day were a good speed for my first time out this year but I can see where they will be a BEAR in a short time. Fast with lot's of slope. And while the greens a fair size square footage wise they are all "odd" shapes...and if you miss in the wrong spot's I can see three putt's are a norm. The fairways are nice and generous with good look's. The white's are a nice distance for most amateur's while the longer hitters have two more set's of tee's to choose from. The staff were all friendly helpful. All in all a very nice morning spent!!

Very fun course for the price

Played this course in late February and overall the course was great for the money we payed. The course has potential to be outstanding even later in the spring and fall. The greens were in good shape for the most part and for being so early in the year. I will definitely play this course again. Must play for the money.

Response from on 02/28/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are so pleased to hear that you were treated so well by our staff. We were also extremely pleased to see how much you enjoyed your round and the course. We hope to see you again soon to deliver more of the top rated service you enjoyed. Thanks for choosing Beech Creek Golf Club.

Great layout, nice value, fair conditions

The great thing about Beech Creek is that it is such a fair course except for the 16th green which is absurd with how hard it slopes from back to front. Tee off early if you don't want to get stuck behind the locals who love a five-hour round. A starter and a martial to enforce pace of play would make me come here more often, and a drink/snack cart would make sense on Saturdays. The clubhouse is nicer after a remodel and has a good selection of what you need: tees, balls, new hat or shirt, bag of chips. The greens can be choppy and patchwork-ish and bend an extra inch or two every five feet. Three of the par-5s are reachable so you can score out there. Don't expect anyone to be happy you're out there or thank you for your business.

Response from on 02/21/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Beech Creek Golf Club, in the South Carolina area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Fun course...very nice staff

I have played this course before and have always enjoyed it. The staff is great and the course enjoyable. The only problem this time was pace of play. Unfortunately they allowed a fivesome out in front of us and they were extremely slow. They had a large number of golfers that day and shouldn't have allowed a fivesome. Overall oK

Hidden Gem

A great course. We play here on our holiday visits to SC. The course has some unique holes, highly recommended.

Excellent challenging greens

Average to slightly above average course with fantastic greens (fast and tricky)

Response from on 10/09/2017:
Hi, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Beech Creek Golf Club, and for the 3-stars. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed how well managed our greens were and we hope to see you back with us again soon!

Good Change of Pace

Course is laid out in a pattern that is different. Greens and fairways are in excellent condition. Good hotdogs and cold beer after your round and the staff is superb! Chris is excellent with club repair and changing grips. You won't regret playing this course.

Great value!

Greens and fairways are in excellent condition. Add in the super friendly staff, reasonable prices, and this place is a hidden jewel. Regarding staff, Chris, Bruce, and Velder are awesome staff members and great to deal with. After a round, a hot dog and beer complete a fun visit!

Shaw AFB, South Carolina