Falcon's Lair Golf Course

Scorecard for Falcon's Lair Golf Club
Black M: 73.4/135 420 335 557 320 178 417 252 444 561 3484 540 167 381 395 510 412 148 385 444 3382 6866
Blue M: 71.0/130 380 315 537 298 160 385 233 417 534 3259 515 146 344 370 475 380 143 370 410 3153 6412
White M: 68.0/126 W: 74.6/138 355 289 485 270 143 289 214 396 506 2947 484 118 306 338 445 349 131 354 375 2900 5847
Gold M: 64.9/116 W: 69.8/125 328 285 426 244 110 270 165 371 467 2666 461 110 268 253 352 320 127 315 316 2522 5188
Red W: 66.8/119 320 280 418 238 99 260 155 324 390 2484 449 105 259 240 345 310 81 308 263 2360 4844

Year Built 1991
Architect Harry Bowers

This course is friendly

This course is spectacular in my opinion, especially because of the 15$ round including cart. It really shows a homelike feeling, and the staff is incredibly friendly. The course shows a deep family history, being handmade from 1 or 2 people, and growing. I would recommend this golf course to anyone who likes golf, whether an amateur just starting, or a 2-3 handicap.

Falcons Lair

Showed up an hour before my tee time to hit range balls, where I was informed that the range was closed

This is usually a deal breaker for me as I don't like hitting the first tee cold. Course conditions were above average, and the layout is a lot of fun to play. pace of play was a little slow on the front, but opened up nicely on the back side. This course is a good value for the money, but lack of access to a practice area will probably keep me from returning.

You should try this course, you're going to like it.

This golf course if really out of the way but it's worth the drive if you're looking to try something new. The golf course has array of challenging holes but is also short enough from the white tees to make the golf course enjoyable for higher handicap golfers. The back tees are a challenge for single digit handicap golfers so mix up your foursome and go play this course, it's in good shape and always fun to play (rounds are always quick too).

The course was fun to play and was in good shape! The greens are in good shape but are very hard to read the puts and get a ball close to the hole! The fairways are pretty narrow so you if you spray the ball you will pay the price!

challenges await novices

This is a fair course that should delight intermediate to low handicappers. For example, while I didn't fare well with hole #2 today, it is beautifully designed-- reminiscent of a short par 4 at Augusta in its architecture. The fairways are fair-- neither generously wide nor narrow-- and, generally, the roughs are not highly punitive. However, novices or high handicappers will be frustrated by the many elevation changes, blind shots/doglegs, and many greens that are small or well-guarded. Still, the GolfNow price provides a great value opportunity for novices to test themselves and make some great shots.

OK course, place to hit a ball

Course shape is good, t boxes, greens and fairways. This course has several goofy laid out holes due to the lay of the land. It is a place to hit a ball but it is very difficult course. Great shape but I don't like the lay out at all.

This course has some challenging holes

I like this course. The greens are in great shape. the fairways have good grass.The ball sets up good.

good course for the money

the course was in decent condition(greens had been aerated several weeks prior) especially considering the amount of rain lately.staff was friendly.do not recommend playing by yourself when you have never played the course before(finding way around and several blind shots)

Interesting layout

This course plays well...greens are quick and the fairways were soft due to recent rains but it played well...it's longer than any course I have played since from the tips it's nearly 6900 yds....good bargain for the money

A Nice Golf Course!

Tee boxes and fairways almost perfect, greens were a little spotty but still above average. Should only get better with hot weather on the way.

Fun course in good condition.

Despite some damage from a recent storm, the course was in very good shape. It was Monday and the course was uncrowded.

Falcon's Lair

I thought the course was pretty nice. I only play golf about 4 times a year, and we tried this course out for the first time on 6/9/2013. It was pretty nice. Stay on the fairways because the balls can be very hard to find on the rough. I thought the greens were above average and they were nice and fast. The carts were great and the layout of the course was very nice.

Wide Open

Love this course its very open and forgiving ..but long!!

Great course and still improving

The course is in fine shape: (a) the tee boxes have great surfaces to hit from, (b) the fairways are well maintained, and (c) the greens have fine, consistent grass quality. By comparison, I attended the Wells Fargo Championship at Quail Hollow in May of this year and the greenskeepers at Quail Hollow should take lessons from the folks at Falcon's Lair. The staff at Falcon's Lair were super friendly and provided guidance to me on my first visit to the course. I will return . . .

fun course ,not very happy if rates go up

enjoyed it ,even though we were told that the rate we had been getting on golfnow is about to go up ,Owner was in the proshop and not very happy that we were playing for such a low amount,statement was made to our group" enjoy while it lasts b/c it's about to end " . If the price goes up, this course will not be worth it .

The course is in excellent condition....so proud to take my golfing buddies to this course.

I would recommend this course to any golfer...greens were in great condition, the staff was very friendly and helpful...very impressed with the overall experience...

Course is in good condition but plays fairly tough. Numerous streams and ravines winding through the course make good shotmaking a necessity.

This course is somewhat difficult, but fair. It demands good shotmaking to stay out of trouble. The greens are bermuda and they putt true but fast.

Great Value

James always makes you feel welcome and treats you as a regular even if this is your 1st time at Falcons Lair. You wont be dissapointed with this course. Open but can be challenge. Greens always roll good. Give Falcons Lair a try.

good course...poor employee at pro shop

I booked a single golfer for $18 and my wife went along to get out of the house on a nice day. The employee at the pro shop wanted to charge me $14 just for her to ride with me in the one cart! That was outrageous! The course was not busy at all. I tried to reason with him but he said it was course policy (even though he reduced it to $7 when I told him that I would never come back). I contacted AAG Golf(whom the course is partnered with) and they said that he should not have charged a "riders" fee. Beware the older fellow! I am a man of my word, I will not return to Falcon's Lair.

Can't be beat for the price

The staff is great, the course is well kept-up. The only time we've were unable to play a hole was when the grounds crews were working on it. Course difficulty is moderate. Fairways are fairly open, but steep hills, winding fairways, and hazards can make approach shots tricky if you don't play smart. A couple of longer par 3s give you some good practice on accuracy with your longer irons. At the turn, stop and grab a snack. I recommend the homemade chicken salad.

Salem, South Carolina