Year Built 1964
Architect William B. Lewis

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted None

Staff Kelvin Barnet

Kelvin Barnet is rude if you have him there to turn people away he his doing a good job.Was going to join but after the 6x of going and the guy (Kelvin Barnet) was rude I changed my mind.All though he not there every time I been and the other guy was nice.Course is fun to play but Kelvin hurts the course.Going to give a 5 star for the course not the staff.

My favorite local course

This has always been one my favorite local course to play. Staff is always friendly and I've never seen the course in bad shape. Just beware the greens are fast but I'm a fan of fast greens.

Always in good shape

Always good greens and fairways. Great friendly staff. Fun layout and a good place to have a get together with friends for a few hours to have a great time.

Great Golf at Saluda Valley CC

I played Saluda Valley CC today with my friend Ken. We had a great day at the golf course. Every thing was first rate; the service was friendly, the food was excellent, and the golf course was in fantastic condition. The fairways have been over-seeded and the fairways and greens were in great condition. Even the weather was great; 70 degrees and bright sunshine on the 15th of December. All in all I would recommend this course highly at this time.

Great Course to play

Pro shop personnel very helpful and friendly. Found course in great condition, but had a few wet spots on back 9. Found Par 3's fun to play and the Par 5's were very fair.

Please get the slow people out of the way!!!

The course was in decent shape for the time of the year. They were mowing seemingly around every hole we played. But we got used to it. The only problem was there was an extremely slow foursome playing from the tips that couldnt hit drives beyond 50 to 75 yards, second thru tenth shots only going 10 to 15 yards and then trying to read the greens like they were on the PGA. They refused to let anyone play through and created a log jam behind them. We finally just skipped a hole and finished 18 and they were still on 14.
Other than that, I was well pleased with the course!

Incredible value!

This course is always in excellent shape, and to play it for under $15 is unbeatable. Be prepared for the possibility of a slower round due to its popularity. There is nothing fancy here, but the layout has good character and the course is always well kept.

Let's Do It Again

Super nice staff! Excellent value for the money! Great course, very well mantained...They've got a new golf regular here in me.. Overall, I'd recommend playing it.. It may just become your favorite golf course around..

An OK Course For A Weekend Round

Course was okay. Not very lady friendly. Fairways were in okay condition. Greens had been aerated recently and were horrible.

Can't Beat it for the value

This is the third time I have played this course and have not been discouraged . Price is right, course in great shape, holes are interesting with good scenery. Recommend this course to everyone. It's a hidden gem.

Nice Golf Course hidden away

A Very Nice Golf Course hidden away right off highway 29 Williamston SC. I like to walk and the terrain is not an obstacle nor is it overly flat. Open and relatively challenging at the same time. Hole layout is a good mix and keeps you interested in coming back, again and again.

Country simple

From the time I drove up I knew I would like this course. Nice little country club without big ticket amenities. Course was right in front of you. Hit it and enjoy. Greens where perfect. Tee boxes and fairways good. Not super hard, but you must hit good shots. Will play all your clubs.

great course and staff

staff is extremely nice!
course is a very nice course to play and enjoy!
chicken sandwiches are very good as well!

Worth the money

Course was in good condition except that the greens were a little bumpy. The way I put it actually helped several times.

Nice place to be.

Greens were a little slow but the course looks great. The staff are super nice. Great course.

Great Course. Nice layout. Some trees come in play but overall an easy course. Recommend

Membership has benefits

Didn't feel welcomed or put out by the staff. I could tell the guy in the pro shop didn't give a rip because I was on a golf now hot deal. Acted like I was an idiot when I didn't grab the cart out the back door to grab my clubs in the parking lot. I was going to walk them around, but he basically scolded me. Then told me to hop in line on the first tee. There were two foursomes in line. They took 30 minutes to clear the tee box.... All while I could have been warming up. Pretty poor course management If you ask me. You cannot buy booze if you aren't a member. I didn't see that anywhere on the website, oh well.

Now with the negative out of the way, for 15-20$ on a hot deal it's a steal. Beautiful tree lined fairways, well maintained grass with distinctions for fairway, 1st and second cut. The greens were a bit patchy but we are just coming out of winter I expect they'll have that figured in the next couple weeks. Even with the patches the ball was still rolling true. The greens were probably running a 5 or 6. It was wet the morning I played. I felt like this course deserved a good review even if the guy in the pro shop was a grouchy old man. It was just too much fun to play.

Fun Course near Greenville

Had a great time at Saluda Valley on a Sunny Saturday. Starter was friendly, clubhouse nothing to write home about.

Tee boxes on most holes were in superb condition. Greens were receptive, and very very fast. Paired up with a member who said the greens aren't normally as fast as they were that day.

One particular dogleg on the back (I think 16# is very difficult. From the Blues #tips) the tee shot requires a 190 yard shot, and then your second shot is 170 yards uphill, so choose your clubs carefully. Probably the hole that intrigued me the most.

Course is great I live near Greer, SC and it only took me 1/2 hour to get there. Worth the drive for sure!

Positives: No houses on the course, so if you can find your ball, you can play it. Wide fairways. Friendly staff.

Negatives: No restroom on the course at mid turns.

soggy

Course soggy due to recent raining.
If not for the rain probably would have
Been very good