2.4

Style Links
Reems Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1989
Architect Fred Hawtree (1989) Martin Hawtree (1989) Simon Gidman

New owner making great changes

New owner, dedicated to making the golf course the best, can’t wait to see the changes.

New owners, we'll see how it goes...

Course is fun, a little hilly at times. Driving range is convenient but a little cramped. the course is under new ownership which has already began making substantial changes, some for the better and then some not.

Should give a little time for them to get their feet under before judging too harshly, but hoping they will see that adding more barriers to the game of golf isnt going to help it grow. Would rather see a focus on enforcing pace of play or better course conditions than making sure no one has an untucked shirt, golf cart in the parking lot, etc.

All in all a fun course that will be interesting to see how it progresses moving forward,

Challenging layout

Have played this course numerous times over the last 10 years, and still find it challenging. Plenty of elevated tees/greens and doglegs requiring layups and we'll thought out club selection. Lots of undulations in the greens which are usually in good shape and roll true. Sand traps could be improved upon and some cart paths are in need of repair but the layout and views more than makeup for condition. Course is understaffed but employees are always friendly.

Good value for the money

This was my first time playing Reems Creek, even though my parents have lived close to here for over 20 years. It was a very positive experience for me, for two reasons. First, the greens, for the most part, are in fantastic shape, and they are bent grass. I love bent grass greens. Sure, there are some tee boxes and other areas of the course that need some work, but for $28 on a weekday afternoon I cannot complain. Pace of play was not an issue for me, because there really wasn't anyone on the course. There were a couple of golfers ahead of me, but they didn't hold me up at all.

I was warned about the bunkers not being playable, but I hit out of a couple of them without any issues. Sure, remove the rocks and pebbles around your ball and play your short. No big deal.

I will say as a first time player of this course that you will need to bring your own GPS map of the course, as half the holes I was standing on the tee box thinking, "ok, where do I hit it?" So course familiarization is a must. But for me, having a wide open course is a major plus for me, in helping me enjoy my round.

For those of you who need a cart girl, and all of that other non-essential non-golf related BS, go somewhere else. This is a no frills golf course. I had a great time figuring this course out, and I will be back.

Not bad

Course was really wet but it did rain a ton the day before. I just don’t understand why the course was not cart path only, also had to cut 3 holes bc tee times weren’t spread out. Greens were really good, fairways and tee boxes we’re ok. Bunkers are biggest complaint here they don’t have sand and are never raked

Plays Twice a year

Great day!

Thank you! Had a great day on the beautifully contoured course and outstandingly maintained fairways and greens. Loved it! The views are great! Clubhouse was efficient and got me out on this challenging course with beautiful vistas. Love love...

Lots of elevation changes.

Visiting from flat Florida, this was a nice change of pace.

Could be a nice course

Read good reviews so while in the area, I gave it a shot. The place is definitely in need of some improvements. Either that, or the weather has just been awful so they can't keep up with maintenance.

It was Monday morning at 11:00 so it's hard to know how how it would during a very busy time (it wasn't too busy at all). The club house seemed fine. Not a great deal of golf gear so bring what you need (they didn't have a med-large glove I was hoping to buy). Range balls were a collection you'd find at a muni and the range is relatively small (sign asks for irons only).

The tee boxes were not in good shape, with lots of bare spots on the box and lots of high grass on the edges of the box. The fairways were good for the most part and the greens were also good, although they were soft and slow. The bunkers were in terrible shape. Most were washed out and unraked. Apparently they had some serious rain (according to one of the folks I played with) so they hadn't done any real maintenance to deal with that.

The course has a lot of elevation changes, some blind shots and strategically places hazards/bunkers. Nothing too tricky but if you can get a yardage book (I didn't) or can get paired up with someone with knowledge, you'd be better off.

I'll likely try it again if I'm staying in the area but I'd hope they've done some work on the place. It has great potential. Would only recommend if they've had an opportunity to do some work on the place.

Commented on 12/14/2019

Thanks for your comments. We are the new owners as of January 2020 and we will be upgrading the course...please try us again.

A great all around experience!

Course conditions were good. Pace of play was a little slower than I like, but it may have been because of the mountains terrain.

The staff was extremely accommodating. I would definitely recommend this course if you are in the area and looking for a fun,, scenic and affordable round of golf.

A great little polarizing gem

First, I fall into the group who really like this course; Fun and pretty fair selection of holes and distances.
Having said that I can understand why a number of players complain about it - the elevation changes, with lots of uphill approaches, and blind shots can throw off a lot of GIR golfers. Since I rarely hit a GIR, lol, the annoyance of coming up short due to elevated green was lessened, A yardage book, with hole illustration, is definitely your friend first few times you play. Course was a little soggy in spots and greens seemed well-tended but are by no means fast.
Staff, particularly the young lady handling check-in, was friendly and helpful.
All in all, a really nice, reasonably placed, track to grab a round of golf.

Good course good challenge

I really like this place. Very nice bent grass greens. I’m sure the heavy rains of recent make keeping bunkers in shape nearly impossible. Fairways are also saturated in the low points. Take relief and fire away. Good value with cart being almost mandatory. I wouldn’t even consider walking.

Rates were too high but....

The course was in good condition. The fairways were firm and the greens were in good shape. Course was packed. The only problem I have with RC is that the driving range is irons only. Didn't used to be but it is now. The course is fairly narrow, so being able to warm up with your tee clubs is really necessary. 59.00 was a little excessive in my book, but it was packed so I guess they don't have a problem with that rate. There really isn't much of an option there for food however.

Visiting from CA...lush and beautiful course!

Lots of elevation changes into the greens make club selection and distance estimates challenging for the first time player...tip: add 2 clubs when you think 1 is enough! Vistas can’t be beat. Will definitely play here again next time I’m in Asheville..

Really fun course

This was one of the funnest courses I have ever played. Layout is great. Fairways and greens were in great shape. The bunkers can use some work but overall this makes for a great round esyfor the money. Would recommend to anyone in the area

Nice course. Bunkers recently washed out due to rain but they were busy repairing

Disappointed...

I used to play here all the time cause I live 10 minutes from the course and RC was formerly known as a top notch course. The new owners that took over a while back have let the course deteriorate, especially the traps, so I quit playing here.
I heard rumors that the course was being improved and I scored a $20 hot deal to check it out.
The fairways and greens were in great shape and I didn't get a bad lie as long as I stayed in the fairway. The greens were rolling nicely and putts held their lines.
However, I would up in 2 bunkers and they were both unplayable.
As others have said, rocks are prominent in the bunkers, rocks as big as your golf ball! I believe in playing the ball as it lies, that's the rule. BUT, I'm not going to risk injury or damaging my club due to management neglecting maintenance! My playing partner and I determined both bunkers unplayable and I dropped outside the bunker. He also hit into 3 bunkers and wasn't able to play due to the rocks.
Reems is such a great layout and beautiful place to play! The course is a bargain if you get a HD tee time but beware of the bunkers.
Too bad that management can't place a priority on cleaning up the bunkers and Make Reems Great Again!

4.2372058824
Burnsville, North Carolina
Mills River, North Carolina
Fletcher, North Carolina

Valid dates: May 10, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.