Reems Creek Golf Course

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views

"Disappointing conditions and overall experience"

RoyH33's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017

I have played this course many times over the years and have always enjoyed the difficulty and shot placement required to score well at this course. Not every hole is a driver hole and elevation comes into play on a majority of holes which gives it a great mountain golf feel. My most recent trip here left me disappointed. The bunkers were in horrible condition mostly washed out and filled with rocks and clay. The rough just seemed sloppy with large grass clippings everywhere. The greens and fairways were in good shape but parts of the course just felt neglected compared to what it used to be. Also pace of play was frustrating having to wait about five minutes a shot from hole #8 on. Being a single golfer I understand having to wait on very busy days, but when the course is wide open except the threesome and foursome ahead of me and not being allowed to play thru nor seeing a ranger of any sort, it becomes extremely frustrating to have an almost four hour round as a single. While I would recommend this course if a deal is offered, I would not recommend it for the almost fifty dollars they are asking compared to other courses in the area.

"Course condition could be better"

palmbaybucks's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/13/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I hadn't played Reems Creek for at least 10 years. I love the course layout. The elevation changes are a real treat since I'm a Florida player and the views are awesome. As mentioned in several previous reviews many of the bunkers are in poor condition. I put my approach shot in the 7th hole right green side bunker and found it littered with granite stones. There was very little sand. it wouldn't take much effort to remove the stones from that bunker. I noted numerous bunkers with hard packed clay based sand. Some of the fairways were infested with weeds. The practice range tee was nothing but weeds. On a positive note the greens were well maintained. Overall it was a positive experience and the price was reasonable. Given the current state of our economy it may be that priority is given to the condition of the greens and they don't have the funds to keep the remainder of the course in equivalent condition. I will play it again next trip to NC.

"Lot of blind tee shots"

tmccracken01's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

Our first time playing Reems Creek, would go back again, price is right. Bunkers were unplayable due to very hard rains the last 3 of 4 days very understandable. I think if we played this course regularly we would score much better. A bigger concern was the number of twosomes and singles playing we were constantly letting them play through and then they'd get held up buy other foursomes so pace of play was very slow, five hour round.

"Greens and fairways were in good cond,, bunkers terrible"

Eddiesjr's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

We were happy to find the greens and fairways in very good condition. However most of the bunkers were just mud. And the tee boxes could have used a mowing. Great, fun layout.There were a couple of blind tee shots, but each hole has a diagram by the back tees.

The pro shop staff was very friendly, but we stopped in the grill after our round to get something to eat. The were out of hamburger, fries, chicken salad, tea, and had one hot dog, but no chili. They did have some tuna salad sandwiches, but it wasn't clear when they were made, We ate elsewhere.

We'd love to come back, but it would be nice to know the issues with their bunkers had been addressed.

"Beautiful View"

gegas's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2016

Course was in great shape!!! Good lay out , tricky greens...

"Challenging and Fun"

REVickers's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

My fiancé and I love playing golf. It is just fun for us. This is the most challenging course we play. (Even though I did get my first birdie at the 11th hole). The 18th hole is my favorite and if I ever bogey this hole, I will feel that I have accomplished something. Also, the fairways and greens have greatly improved over the past year.

"Great course"

Conleycu's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2016

Amazing course with beautiful views!! Lots of elevation change with descent challenges. Couple blind holes to manage, would have been a little better if there was a course map to help in these situations. Would definitely play again though!!

"Short Course, Interesting Layout"

Matthew5023512's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Value was great, course was in the shape you would expect for early April in the mountains. Greens were fantastic smooth and challenging (Lots of false fronts and undulations). There were a lot of blind shots both tee and approach made for some tough leaves on the greens and fairways. I would definitely play it again.

"Awesome mountain course with great maintenance"

Swack7's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/15/2016

I played in March and the course was in awesome condition. Crazy cool layout. The course has elevation changes of over 100 ft atleast. A notable hole is no. 4, tee shot to a dogleg left fairway that drops way down a mountain. Greens and quick and bunkers are all over the course. Great challenge.

"Good and getting better"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/19/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Have played at Reems Creek for several years and the course has never been in better shape. Dave and his grounds crew has worked miracles with the greens. Hartwell is a friendly and helpful general manager and Jeremiah makes great lunches.

"Condition"

cookies5's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2015

The coarse was very wet from all the rain, it is mostly unmowed and unplayable. Impossible to find a ball, Took 5 1/2 hours. Way to many steep hills and blind shots.

"Great Course...Too Bad the Rain Wouldn't Let Up"

ahilbun19's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Poor weather Verified Purchaser

Beautiful Mountain Course. Greens are in amazing shape. Fairways in excellent shape as well. The bunker could use some sand, but considering the amount of rain they have had I can give them a pass. Very hilly course...lots challenging shots and great views, too. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Offered to let us come back and finish when the rain let up...unfortunately it did not. Looking forward to going back.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Interesting course design - above average greens"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Enjoyed 1st 8 holes only to get behind a slow larger group that would not allow a smaller group to play through - no course ranger to monitor pace of play - most bunkers with compacted, wet hard sand

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Great Greens, Fun Course"

hikerdave's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2015

Have not played course in several years but course was in good shape coming out of the summer. Greens rolled really well. Chatted with staff about the sand trap renovations they are doing and they looked great as well. Great value for the money!!!!!!!

"Great Design and Deferred Maintenance Needed"

rchassner's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2015

Thought course design was interesting with challenging shots and strategy required. Cart paths very bumpy and in need of repair. Fairways patchy and in need of repair. Rough needs to be mowed and maintained. Lots of workers on mowers but cannot see fruits of their labor. Had this course been maintained, we would play again but currently we have no interest in returning when so many other options are available through golfnow.com for courses in better shape.

Commented on 09/03/2015

Thanks for playing Reems Creek and taking the time to leave your review. I was disappointed that you would not recommend Reems to other players. We are aware of the rough cart paths and hoping to do some work on those in the next few months. We have had a busy summer out there. Maintaining bent grass fairways can be tricky in the summer. Hopefully, you will give us another try because it seems like you enjoyed the layout.

Thank you again for your business.

Ryan S. - Warrior Golf

"nice greens"

jmanis60's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/22/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

nice course for the money, pace of play was a little slow,,

Commented on 09/03/2015

Thank you for the nice review. Reems has been busy this year but I hope the pace of play didn't affect the enjoyment of your round.

We hope to see you soon. Thanks again for playing at Reems Creek.

Ryan S. - Warrior Golf

"Slippery when wet!"

mjr136's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2015

I have played Reems many times and conditions have really, really deteriorated. Greens are still passable, but the fairways are a mess--too many holes with soggy, casual water conditions to list here. If you play here after any kind of rain falls, bring boots. IT's too bad because it's a nice setting and the course layout is not bad--just too much standing water due to poort drainage and the sand traps are really horrible.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

Commented on 08/13/2015

Thanks for leaving your comments and for playing Reems Creek. I spoke to the Superintendent about the wet conditions at the course and he told me that this was a temporary condition that has been corrected.

Come give us a try another time, most of the feedback has been great at Reems this year.

"Bad conditions"

Sunsetbeach's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2015

Course was not in good condition. My daughter and I drove an hour and a half to play. Couldn't tell where fairway started and rough began. Greens were in good shape. Fairways were terrible, all kinds of weeds growing in them. Sandtraps had no sand, just rocks and red dirt. Very disappointing golf trip!

Commented on 08/13/2015

Thanks for leaving your comments and for playing Reems Creek. We are sorry you had a bad experience at the course. Just an FYI, we have an ongoing effort to improve the bunkers. Some have been completed and others are still to come.

We hope you will give us a try another time, most of the feedback has been great at Reems this year.

"Lovely"

IAM's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2015
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

It had rained 3" the night before I played....lots of lift, clean and place. Extremely pretty course. Greens were in outstanding condition! A very good test of my golfing abilities. Vistas were so refreshing. Would love to play it again. The cart paths are in very bad condition....making it dangerous, so Go Slow!

Commented on 08/13/2015

Thanks for leaving your comments and for playing Reems Creek. It always feels great to get a 5 star review. Hopefully we will see you again sometime soon.

"Nice lanscape"

Candace1425161's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2015

Super fun course for me difficult but not too difficult so when played right many birdie opportunities, the only negative to this course is their sand traps, if they would put some better quality sand and maybe some more work b into them the course would be perfect.

Candace,

Thanks for leaving your comments and for playing Reems Creek. It is always awesome to get a five star review.

We are working on those bunkers, you will see an improvement over the next year. It is an ongoing project that will take some time to complete.

We hope to see you soon.