Quail Ridge Golf Course - TN

Year Built 1994
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Champions Bermuda
Architect David Pfaff (1994)

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

SLOW

Course was ok but the speed was really slow and there was no marshal to make it go any faster over 5 hours to play 18 holes.

Quail Fun

Great course and layout. Greens and fairways are in great condition. Great for beginners through pros. Lots of Tennessee trees and beautiful homes.

Plays Twice a year

Fun course to ply

Great time today. Course was a little on the dry side but that’s to be expected with the lack of rain.

Commented on 09/19/2019

Thank you for the great feedback staoevans! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good time and experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Intermediate Play

Great day to play this course. Surrounded by homes nestled in the trees of West Tennessee. Fairways and greens well taken care of.

Commented on 09/19/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Commented on 09/19/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Commented on 09/19/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience rbolton. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. We would the opportunity to bump those 3 stars to 5. Please come back soon and allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

Fun course

For a beginner this course is pretty challenging and really fun to play

Commented on 09/19/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review benji901! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

great layout

I played this course with 2 friends and 1 single who joined our group. The pace of play was excellent as we were an early tee time.
The course layout was outstanding with a variety of holes (long/short/doglegs/etc.) This is not a course where you can hit your tee shot anywhere and expect to make a good score.
Greens were in good shape but very firm. I had a hard time getting my approach or chip shots close.
Would be a difficult course for a walking round as there are more distance than usual between greens and next tee box.
With more attention this course could be spectacular but it is a very fair value all in all, I will play here again.

Commented on 09/19/2019

Decent course, but the greens are terrible

I played on Saturday with a 9:00 tee time and I knew the course was going to be crowded, but it was my only option. I was paired with three other gentleman of various skill and all were very kind. We waited probably 15 minutes on the first tee and seemed to wait that long on most holes. I was hitting the ball fairly well, but really struggled to make pars because the greens were in such poor shape. It was nearly impossible to keep the ball on the green unless you were hitting a full shot, and I'm a player that produces a lot of backspin. The tee boxes and fairways are fine, no complaints, but the short game is a waste of time because you aren't rewarded for hitting good shots. Also, if you've never played, you'll need a rangefinder because the yardages are poorly marked, I never knew what to hit. Overall, the greens are way too firm and the course is getting overplayed. Even though I paid for 18, I left after 9 because it took almost 3 hours to play the front.

Commented on 08/08/2019

Hello, jkbillingsley14. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Quail Ridge Fun Times

Great golf course for playing when you have some time and want to work on some things. There are long holes, some difficult par threes, and there is water. Some fairways are side while some holes require you to re-think the club you are going to use off the tee. A good place to play.

Commented on 08/08/2019

Thank you for your review, u000006483376. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Quail Ridge Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Quail Ridge is a great course

Staff was great andthe course was somewhat challenging.

Commented on 09/19/2019

Thank you for the great feedback tigergeorge55! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Change the cups!

Nice layout, esp. the back nine. Tees & fairways were decent. Greens were a bit thin on front, but better on back. Not great, but ball rolled well on, I’d say 12 of the 18. Biggest complaint was that they needed to move the cups. All of the holes were ragged, One hole perimeter had disintegrated so badly, soil had filled the bottom of the hole so flag stick could not be inserted. This aspect made it look as though they just didnt care. HORRIBLE!
Several of the water jugs were empty on a VERY HOT day.
Did have a mix up with GolfNow - called the course number directly & booked made teetime, told $38. Got there and told $46. Guy initially insisted on $46. Turns out that after 3 rings, phone fwds to GolfNow, but you dont know it. They twll you GolfNow rate, but that’s not indicated to course. In the end, he just charged us $32, but it was an awkward, confusing situation.
Needs a little water & regularly changed cups and could be a 4* in a month.
Just hope this course doesnt fall victim to the current golf recession.

Commented on 09/19/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. We would the opportunity to bump those 3 stars to 5. Please come back soon and allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

Coming around

Greens had been kinda bare, but seem to be coming back. Only finished 3 holes and the course closed due to rain and lightning. I hope golf now refunds me the green fee or sends me $40 worth of promo codes

Commented on 09/19/2019

Thank you for the great feedback termagator! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Greens

The course was in good shape but the greens were terrible covered in sand

Commented on 09/19/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we do strive daily to maintain high standards. Please come back soon and allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

Good Shape overall

Fairways and tee boxes in great shape, greens still growing in in places but didnt really affect play. enjoyable experience.

HM

The course was great and the staff were friendly as always.

Lakeland, Tennessee