Quail Ridge Golf Course - TN

Year Built 1994
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Champions Bermuda
Architect David Pfaff (1994)

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

Commented on 02/05/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review cawilcox! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

No food

First time ever at a course with only out of date peanuts and drinks at the turn . Peanuts were 2 months out of date !!!

Commented on 01/16/2020

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We look forward to having you back again soon.

Commented on 01/02/2020

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

It’s Worth It

Course is in good shape and the speed was really nice. Well worth the money and time.

Commented on 01/06/2020

Wow, thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

HM

The course was in good shape and the staff was great. I always enjoy playing this course.

Commented on 11/07/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review Hmcnatt! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience with our staff. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Not worth the money

I've played QR several times, and it's gotten progressively worse over time since it came under new ownership. The course was in not-so-great condition. We played 18 for an $18 Hot Deal (per); it's usually $46 for 18 (way overpriced for the course you get). The fairways are high like they forgot to cut one last time before the grass stopped growing and there was no attempt whatsoever to clear the old thatch or leave from the fairways. The pace of play is utterly atrocious, as they have no marshals out there to keep it going, telling slow hackers to play ready-golf or to let golfers play through. The pro shop is average and the food/beverage prices are the same. The staff is mostly younger kids and not especially friendly or welcoming. We played our 18 and finished up around 3:30pm and considered playing another 9 holes (we usually like to play 27). They wanted to charge us $20/person just for an additional nine. No twilight rate adjustment or anything, even though we had already played 18 and shopped at the food/beverage bar and bought golf balls. QR was once a great course, but not so much these days. You can find much better bang for your buck around the Memphis area.

Commented on 11/08/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will allow us another chance to WOW you with a future visit. Until then, take care!

Over-rated and disappointing.

Sorry fellow golfers, call me a golf snob, but this course is barely a 2.5-star, not even close to a 4-star. The best thing about the course was the excellent greens and the price on a golfnow hot-deal. Otherwise, average at best. The fairways were barely distinguishable from the rough. There was serious erosion issues all throughout the course - primarily in the rough areas and around the paths and trees. Many areas of designated or non-designated "ground under repair". Sand traps and bunkers were horrible - not because of weather, but because of no maintenance. (Luckily I only experienced the sand one time). Fairways were uneven and very bumpy. Although playing in the fall, I would have expected some leaf blowing around the course - but no. Shaggy tee boxes. I guess that sums it up. Not again for me.

Commented on 11/08/2019

I absolutely agree with your assessment. My review is above yours on the page. Last Sunday, there was clearly no attempt whatsoever to blow the leaves at least off of the fairways (which were overgrown almost like 1st-cut rough). The tee boxes were shaggy as all get-out, the erosion was a SERIOUS problem if you ended up on a hill, and we agreed to just play the backs of the traps instead of damaging our clubs trying to hit out of them. And for God's sake, can we get a marshal or two? It took my brother and I from 9:52am to 3:30pm to finish 18 holes (and we play quick ready-golf). The only good thing about the course are the greens. Had it not been for the $18 Hot Deal, we wouldn't have played it. That being said, I wouldn't play this course for $10 after last weekend's experience. Their usual rate is like $46 per round, extremely overpriced for that course. My brother and I decided this was the last time we would give QR a shot. We're done with it.

Commented on 11/07/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience Gary. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will allow us another chance to WOW you with a future visit. Until then, take care!

Commented on 10/28/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

SLOW

Course was ok but the speed was really slow and there was no marshal to make it go any faster over 5 hours to play 18 holes.

Commented on 10/25/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Quail Fun

Great course and layout. Greens and fairways are in great condition. Great for beginners through pros. Lots of Tennessee trees and beautiful homes.

Commented on 10/25/2019

Commented on 10/28/2019

Plays Twice a year

Fun course to ply

Great time today. Course was a little on the dry side but that’s to be expected with the lack of rain.

Commented on 09/19/2019

Thank you for the great feedback staoevans! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good time and experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Intermediate Play

Great day to play this course. Surrounded by homes nestled in the trees of West Tennessee. Fairways and greens well taken care of.

Commented on 09/19/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience rbolton. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. We would the opportunity to bump those 3 stars to 5. Please come back soon and allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

Fun course

For a beginner this course is pretty challenging and really fun to play

Commented on 09/19/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review benji901! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

great layout

I played this course with 2 friends and 1 single who joined our group. The pace of play was excellent as we were an early tee time.
The course layout was outstanding with a variety of holes (long/short/doglegs/etc.) This is not a course where you can hit your tee shot anywhere and expect to make a good score.
Greens were in good shape but very firm. I had a hard time getting my approach or chip shots close.
Would be a difficult course for a walking round as there are more distance than usual between greens and next tee box.
With more attention this course could be spectacular but it is a very fair value all in all, I will play here again.

Commented on 09/19/2019

Decent course, but the greens are terrible

I played on Saturday with a 9:00 tee time and I knew the course was going to be crowded, but it was my only option. I was paired with three other gentleman of various skill and all were very kind. We waited probably 15 minutes on the first tee and seemed to wait that long on most holes. I was hitting the ball fairly well, but really struggled to make pars because the greens were in such poor shape. It was nearly impossible to keep the ball on the green unless you were hitting a full shot, and I'm a player that produces a lot of backspin. The tee boxes and fairways are fine, no complaints, but the short game is a waste of time because you aren't rewarded for hitting good shots. Also, if you've never played, you'll need a rangefinder because the yardages are poorly marked, I never knew what to hit. Overall, the greens are way too firm and the course is getting overplayed. Even though I paid for 18, I left after 9 because it took almost 3 hours to play the front.

Commented on 08/08/2019

Hello, jkbillingsley14. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Quail Ridge Fun Times

Great golf course for playing when you have some time and want to work on some things. There are long holes, some difficult par threes, and there is water. Some fairways are side while some holes require you to re-think the club you are going to use off the tee. A good place to play.

Commented on 08/08/2019

Thank you for your review, u000006483376. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Quail Ridge Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lakeland, Tennessee
4.1976
Germantown, Tennessee

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.