2.4
2.2
2.4

Moccasin Bend Golf Club
Scorecard for Moccasin Bend Golf Club
Blue M: 70.4/120 338 365 171 338 395 162 496 412 495 3172 200 419 394 504 164 405 355 363 493 3297 6469
White M: 68.1/114 321 322 149 324 343 151 460 389 480 2939 184 406 374 489 150 386 341 349 468 3147 6086
Green W: 67.0/111 310 304 136 311 332 149 452 374 430 2798 160 300 367 481 146 378 330 325 425 2912 5710
Red W: 69.2/115 292 300 132 265 283 141 396 366 422 2597 150 275 311 414 144 333 321 325 420 2693 5290

Year Built 1966
Greens Bentgrass

Poor shape

It rained the day before so it was cart path only, which I understand and respect.
The cart paths were in such bad condition it make the ride terrible.
The greens were in poor condition, they are trying to fix /repair them but they have a ways to go.
Before I would recommend my friends to play their. Keep working on the coarse I know it can be a better coarse to play.

Greens were aweful

The greens were on really bad shape, the fairways looked like they haven’t been mowed in weeks. It was in the worst shape of any course I have ever played. Definitely not worth the $38 I spent to play. I will not be going back to this course. This course needs a revamping in all aspects.

Badly damaged by rain and flooding

Greens are in horrible condition and the fairways are still soggy and muddy in places. They are trying to improve the recovery of the greens. It is going to take some time. Considering the conditions of the golf course, not worth the money.

Fun course

I had never been to Moccasin Bend before. Was told by locals it is an ok course. Booked.on golf now for.great price and played Tuesday...had so.much fun played again on Wednesday. Not thr hardest course but a fun course to.play. Had a 2 some of.older men that would not let a single..me go through..skipped 2 holes a sind came back go get ahead of them.

The muni we all love to hate to love

Every Chattanooga golfer has played The Bend many times. We complain about it, we joke about it, but we don't know what we'd do if it went away.

Yes, it abuts a sewage treatment facility, which you can't ignore when the wind is blowing the wrong way. Yes, you will hear bursts of gunfire from the police shooting range nearby. It's part of the charm.

The fairways are mighty wide, but you'll still miss some of them. The greens are mostly flat, but you'll still three-putt a few. Who are you, Jack Nicklaus? Get over yourself.

They have a great selection of beer and a full snack bar, just like the old days. They have a good practice range where you'll run into a couple of friends while you hit a small bucket during your lunch hour. Did I mention it's only minutes from downtown? Get a range token and a couple of hot dogs. That's what I call a power lunch.

I play here alot

Moc Bend hot deal tee times are by far the best value in the Chattanooga Area. The course is overall on par, or slightly better, than the other local public courses when it comes to conditions and layout. It's more likely than most to be cart-path only, but if you walk, or play two days after the last rain, it plays fine. The course offers a good range of holes, some difficult, some score-opportunities, and some fun layouts. The par 5's are all relatively straight, and for medium to long drivers, reachable in two. Par 3's are all demanding in their own ways, difficult up and downs on 3 of 4 if greens are missed. Overall, you can play nicer courses in the area, but with the hot-deal tee times, there's no better value around.

Dump

Course is beat Up. Really unplayable do not waste your time

very average conditions. Greens had just been top dressed

The course appears to have very limited maintenance. Greens were very recently top dressed with alot of sand.

ok for late fall play

Several greens were spotty. Cart paths are rough and need work. Keep in mind that it is late in the season. I haven't played this course in several years but did come away with a feeling that the course condition has slipped. We still enjoyed playing on this course and I would recommend it

Ok I guess

The area doesn’t have too many options so I guess this isn’t too bad. Pace of play was horrible. I wound up waiting to play multiple holes for over 30 minutes. No golf course courtesy by other golfers, like I said I would hit my drive then wait 15 minutes to strike for green, then wait another 15 minutes until I could continue play.

Mocassin Bend Golf Club

Nice layout and course was in good condition. Cart paths were a little rough but other than that an enjoyable round. Nice views of Lookout Mtn.

Wouldn't pay full price

Staff was friendly and honest about the course conditions. Greens had been aerated within the past couple of weeks and hadn't been mowed since. To me putting is one of the more enjoyable parts of a round of golf. These greens were so slow it wasn't much fun. I might give this place a try again , but only on a very "hot deal"!

Worst greens I have ever played on any course I have ever played.

Average over all layout. They don't take care of the greens reminded me of playing a miniature golf course where the felt was full of holes and missing turf. First course I ever played where they ran out of carts and had to wait for a group to finish on 18 so I could get one. On a positive note all the staff was friendly and very helpful

Great Public Course

Wide open, water possibilities only on a few holes. Greens in good shape and bunkers are better kept than most of the other public courses.

Good Time with a Good Friend

A friend of mine leaves in the area and he wanted to play golf when I visited. We got us a tee time for a Friday morning (9:30) and it was very crowded. The play wasn't fast but it wasn't slow, yes we had to wait at times but I wasn't working so I didn't mind waiting. Staff was friendly and polite. Hopefully I will make it back to play again.

Decent public course for what you get

Moccasin Bend isn't anything special, but the cost, proximity to downtown, and course difficultly make it a solid option for a last-minute round with friends of varying skill levels. Most of the tee boxes need some work done on them though - they're pretty dry, and it's almost impossible to get your tee in the ground on a couple of them. Otherwise, staff are very friendly and have happily accommodated me when members of my group showed up late even at peak times.

BUNKERS ARE AWFUL!!!

DO NOT PLAY THIS COURSE UNTIL THEY FIX THE BUNKERS!!!

Great Offering

I thought the course was in excellent condition and its fun to play. Greens were in fabulous shape and fairways were great. It's not the Honors Course but you will enjoy yourself and the conditions were excellent. For the money its a great value.

"Snake Bitten"

I am a college student and have played this course many times. The positives of the course would be that it is very open so all level players will be fine. Also, the range is decent and is the closest range in the downtown area without having to drive out of town 15 minutes. The NEGATIVES: 1.) Regardless of how good the range is, it seems to never be open (even when it's sunny and 85 outside). 2.) The course is in mediocre shape. The bunkers are like hitting off of concrete and the fairways have plenty of hardpan. The greens also appear to have been attacked by some type of fungus (especially the first). 3.) The staff are not the friendliest of people. The head pro has been sarcastic and smart with us more times than I care to mention. Regardless of age, we were still paying customers and should be treated as so. Overall, it's decent for everyday golfers that don't mind paying more than necessary to play a mediocre golf course.

Lookout Mountain, Georgia
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
Hixson, Tennessee
Ringgold, Georgia

Valid dates: May 23, 2019 - Jun 30, 2019
2 Nights lodging at the Best Western Plus of Santee (or comparable lodging partner) and play 3 Rounds of golf on Santee Cooper Resort’s two courses.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play in Golf’s Little Big Town!
Stay and Play
Summer Golf Getaway in Santee!
Stay and Play
Come play in the Olde English District!
Summer Special in Greenville, SC