Smoky Mountain Country Club
Grey (W) 71 5519 yards 69.3 127
Grey 71 5519 yards 64.4 114
Green (W) 71 4426 yards 63.9 108
Scorecard for Smoky Mountain
Black M: 69.7/119 400 325 340 340 545 483 159 611 174 3377 183 305 277 157 552 460 250 164 425 2773 6150
Grey M: 68.2/115 W: 69.2/117 377 322 320 321 480 430 148 475 170 3043 179 282 241 152 507 417 223 130 345 2476 5519
Gold M: 64.9/105 W: 65.9/107 286 280 316 255 415 375 143 470 140 2680 167 279 236 133 468 357 219 126 315 2300 4980
Green W: 65.1/103 283 208 240 250 410 370 128 369 100 2358 133 257 210 113 463 353 157 97 285 2068 4426

Year Built 1996
Architect Thomas Walker

Too extreme to me

Although I played well, the course layout for me was not enjoyable. Just because one can build a golf course in a difficult location doesn't mean you should. A 9 hole course on the valley floor would have been better. The back 9 routing up and down the mountain on cart paths that switched back and forth continually was ridiculous. I don't know why pro shops fail to tell you they aerated the greens and put sand down before you pluck down your greens fee is beyond me. The greens were unplayable in my opinion. Constantly had to wipe sand off my ball and hands.

Fun as always

. I tried to play slow so I wouldn't be pushing the group ahead of me but caught myself waiting on a few holes. But with the views playing slow let me take some pictures and enjoy the mountains. I've played this course 3 or 4 times a year for the last 5 or 6 years. I could play another course in the area for free but I'd have to put up with not being treated very well so I chose to play this friendly course instead of playing a unfriendly course. Its worth the money.

Mountain Golf with Snowflakes (not liberals) it was cold.

Had fun but the wind was strong and we witnessed some snow for Mi-April.
Friendly staff.
Casino nearby and many attractions. Go ahead and make it a weekend golf trip with the family.

Beautiful course

My wife and I played a round recently and loved it. We are from Myrtle Beach and had to sneak in a round while visiting western NC. The course was beautiful and the elevation changes made it very challangeing. The staff was very friendly and we had a blast. Loved this beautiful mountain course!

Smokie Mountain Golf & Country Club is a winner!!

Staff was very friendly, course was in great shape and the weather was perfect. My friends and I have been playing this course once a year for the past 5 or 6 years. I would highly recommend this course. Not terribly long but challenging enough to make it lots of fun.

What a view

Course was pretty nice. Never played it before. Would definitely go back. Know where not to hit now. Rough is tough. Lots of blind down hill shots. Greens very small and putted good.

As a farmer, this is what I would call a cow pasture golf course

Course Conditions Need Some Work

"Mountain Golf" is an understatement ... don't even think about walking here! Some very interesting holes. Dramatic elevation changes. Greens & tee boxes in good shape. Green collars in poor condition on many holes. Rough very inconsistent, with heavy intrusion of weeds and undesirable grasses. Sand hazards OK, but need to be turned over and loosened up. Competent, helpful, friendly staff. Carts in good condition. Good value. With improved course maintenance this could easily be a 4 or 5 star rating.

Gem in the Smokies

Gorgeous scenery and a really fun mountain golf course. Bermuda fairways and Bentgrass greens in very fine condition. The pro shop staff was friendly and helpful. Great value for the price. I played with a member who told me that, under new course superintendent for the past 12 months, the course has never been in better condition. I will play Smoky Mountain again when I am next in the NC mountains.

Fun and challenging

We enjoyed a beautiful weekday out on this course. Fairways were in good shape but we spent a lot of time searching for balls in the tall grass off the fairways. The greens are in fair shape and smaller, without a lot of slope so i was made a bunch of up-and-downs. If you like elevations, this course has plenty of them with beautiful scenery to go along with it. My only negative is the back 9 is not marked out well enough for the distance between holes. Got lost once and turned around a couple times thinking we were.

Fun, fun, fun

Cannot say enough about how much fun we had playing this course. Course was not in the best of condition when we played, but I would go back in a heartbeat. If you're planning a trip to the Cherokee Casino and need a place to play you won't be dissatisfied. Great staff in the pro shop.

Worth the drive

We had a group of 4 foursomes for an annual golf trip that we take to a different area. If you're in the area, Smoky Mountain is worth it.

Some really fun mountain golf holes (shorter holes with a lot of bends, huge elevation changes). Hole 5 you will never forget.

Conditioning on a few holes isn't great -- but, trying to grow grass on the side of a hill isn't the easiest thing in the world.

Staff was great to us -- the pro gave us a few pointers, the restaurant had great food ready for us at the turn (we used the phone on Hole 8).

Sad Condition of what could be a beautiful course

It is obvious that at one time this was a beautiful course. Understand there is a new owner and new greenskeeper. Had looked at website, planned timing for lunch ( not open! ) ; planned to hit the range to warm up ( told that they had no balls! ); 1 employee there - not especially friendly when we walked in. He later became helpful to get us cups of water from the closed restaurant. Vistas are gorgeous and I really hope this course gets the attention it needs -- what potential!!! Recommend only due to vistas and hope for the future of this course & facilities.

True mountain course

Great fun for a guy from the low country of Charleston, SC. Will be back to play again if for nothing more than the spectacular vistas!

Not worth the rate

A few years ago this place had really good average rates and course was seemingly on the mend. Now the rates are too high for present course conditions. Fairways are brown, greens are spotty, with big dirt spots in them, fringes are rough length. Course has potential. Nice layout, some great playing elevation holes but just can't find a decent greens keeper or they just don't care. I don't know. A real shame.

Great mountain golf experience

Hard to focus on the game of golf in this atmosphere. Truly enjoyable course. Although not especially difficult, it is challenging and unique. The elevation changes, the layout, the cart path switch-backs and beautiful ascents through tunnels of hardwood foliage are worth the little extra cost, as it was a bit pricey. All in all though, if I'm back in the area, I look forward to playing it again.

Interesting and nice views

The course was interesting and challenging. The greens had been recently punched and were not yet recovered. They had just experienced some serious rain so it was a tad soggy in some areas.

Whittier, North Carolina
Tuckasegee, North Carolina
Cashiers, North Carolina
Glenville, North Carolina

Valid dates: May 23, 2019 - Jun 30, 2019
2 Nights lodging at the Best Western Plus of Santee (or comparable lodging partner) and play 3 Rounds of golf on Santee Cooper Resort’s two courses.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play in Golf’s Little Big Town!
Stay and Play
Summer Golf Getaway in Santee!
Stay and Play
Come play in the Olde English District!
Summer Special in Greenville, SC