GreyStone Golf Club

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Grey 72 5352 yards 65.8 110
Yellow 72 4914 yards 68.6 114

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes water hazards   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views watching the game

"Suffering from Middle TN winter and spring weather"

Whoissitt's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2018
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

First time playing The Legacy. I had always heard it was a nice track in good condition. It however is suffering from what most other courses are in this area. Marginal fairways due to late bermuda growth. Collars on almost all greens are a mess with hard pan, no grass. Not sure what happened to the bunkers, however they are rebuilding them. I must say I did enjoy the layout , it is both challenging and interesting with a nice variety of holes. The greens were in good condition, so putting was true and fun. Also noted the efforts to repair cart paths. Assuming the course can recover from its current playing conditions, I would play it again.

"Excellent & Beautiful golf course"

Regsimms's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2018

This course is in great shape. The fairways are plush but tough are pretty high. (Avoid them) Distance playing is the best approach on this course. the greens are protected by multiple sand traps or the water edge. I really enjoy this great course. The price to play was well within my budget!

Commented on 05/23/2018

Thank you, hope to see you again soon!

"Great Course"

Jeff4820497's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2018

This course has everything you need to challenge any caliber of player. 5 sets of tees that are well kept, fairways (zoysia) that give an excellent lie every time, and greens that are true and very fast.

I usually play here about 7-8 time/yr, coming from Nashville, it’s a real treat!!

Commented on 05/23/2018

Thank you so much for your kind words, we are happy that you enjoyed GreyStone. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

Commented on 05/09/2018

Thank you for playing, we are glad to hear you had a "5 star" experience!

"ENJOYABLE"

gdeandean's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2018

Other than the course being a little wet and not very good restaurant service, their is nothing else that is negative about the place.

Commented on 05/09/2018

Thank you for your review, it was great having you here. We look forward to having you back and improving your food and beverage experience. Hope to see you again soon!

u234192175's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2018

Commented on 05/09/2018

Thank you for playing! Appreciate your "5 star" review, hope to see you soon and often!

"Regulars enjoy, when it's path only first timers stay away"

tkveton's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2018

Booked the course on-line, just passing through the area, called to inquire about conditions and recommendations. Staff welconed us newbies and made little in the way of warnings (path only conditions).

Got a great Wednesday rate and, due to a series of events had to alter from 4 to 3, players without incident.

Staff was very accommodating until...

Course being path only and, on course yardage identification was minimal; I wish I was "pushed" to purchase the yardage guide $2 for each cart.

I carry gps but, for my threesome (all first timers), path only made the challenge of the course and terrain a bit tme consuming.

I would have given a higher star rating if not for.....

On the 7th green my playing partners were told by the Marshall to, "pick up the pace", the group ahead was 2-holes ahead.

Never did we see this group from first tee to last. Who knows how far ahead of us they tee'd off but, we played the unmarked path only front nine in 2h:14m. For path only, I felt acceptable and felt harassed.

Presumably the two foursomes behind us (who were together) called in. After acknowledging them twice on and off the course we were given (we're regulars and we play in less than four hours scowls of death). We also saw them on the range prior and recognized they were not new to the course.

This course will challenge any player nicely, with a good choice of tees but be warned;

Several blind shots are a bit of an unfair challenge. (Especially hole 12)

For times of "path only" I would say staff should promote yardage cards and advise no way a good "first timer" play choice.

The terrain makes "path only" a "bring your hiking shoes" day in which I'd suggest one choose another option to play.

Commented on 05/09/2018

Sorry your recent visit to GreyStone was not as enjoyable as we would hope. With the amount of rain this spring we have had an unusually high number of days where we've been limited to the cart path only. Thanks for your feedback regarding the on course yardages, we are working on improving those markings. Thanks again for your review. If you are in the area again, we hope you will give us another try.

"Squeeze a Quarter Out of a Nickel"

pegsman's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018
First time playing Used cart

Beautiful, well maintained course. We should have had a great time. Instead we were called on Friday to alert us that our Saturday tee time could be pushed back because of an event. The event was the women's championship of the Southern Athletic Association, an event that I doubt snuck up on them. We were called again Saturday morning to let us know that our time had been moved from 2:09 to 2:40, putting us up against sunset to complete our round. When we drove to the course our GPS wanted us to take a road through a local quarry that was closed. This misinformation got us to the course at 2:25 for a 2:40 tee time. When I mentioned to the guy at the pro shop about the GPS mix up he said that happens to everyone and I should contact the folks at GPS. Huh? How about a warning note at the top of your website? Or maybe when you keep calling me to tell me your changing my pre-purchased tee time you give me a heads up on the directions. When we did arrive we were hurried onto the course so we could now have a 2:34 tee time. Make up your minds folks. It's a shame such a great course tries to pay for itself by squeezing every nickel they can, stacking groups on top of each other the way they did. I'd say enjoy the course but beware of how they manage it.

Commented on 04/24/2018

Thank you for playing with us this past weekend, we certainly appreciate your feedback. We do apologize for the delay in your tee time on Saturday afternoon. You are correct, the event we hosted this weekend has been scheduled for quite sometime. After the first round of the event on Friday, we realized we didn't allow enough time for the event to finish without impacting our weekend afternoon guest play. As soon as we knew we may have a delay, we alerted all our weekend afternoon guests on Friday evening to plan for a delayed start on Saturday. We wanted to make sure our guests after-golf plans were not impacted as soon as we could. Sorry for your inconvenience with the driving directions. The email confirmations we send have the updated map information to get guests here accurately. We will follow up with GPS providers to make sure they have the most accurate information. Thanks again for your feedback, we look forward to seeing you again for what we hope will be a better experience.

"Getting better and better"

Jeff4820497's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2018

Love this course, the layout, the challenge, the staff and the views are awesome. Playing again on the 16th

5 stars but wet conditions after 3” of rain, excellent job Superintendent!! Thank You

Commented on 04/27/2018

Thank you! We look forward to some warmer and dryer days! We also look forward to seeing you soon and often!

"Challenging Layout"

JPZgolfing's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2018

Bent greens and a challenging layout make this a tough little course . 45 min west of Nashville. Friendly staff. Great rates. One of the best courses in the area. Highly recommend!

Commented on 04/25/2018

Thank you for playing GreyStone! We appreciate you kind words and look forward to serving you soon.

Commented on 04/24/2018

Thank you, we look forward to seeing you often this season!

"Slow Play a Spoiler"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2018

Everything was great at Greystone except for the fact that there was a college women's tournament going on that was EXTREMELY slow. The staff failed to mention that to us as we checked in.

At one time there were 4 groups backed up due to the ladies playing 4-somes (walking!).

My friend and I wound up asking for a rain check for the back 9, after it taking over THREE HOURS to play the front. They did agree to give us the rain checks.

I would ask the Greystone management to make sure the staff makes players aware of possible slow play due to a tournament.

Greystone is still one of my favorite courses in the Nashville area.

Commented on 04/24/2018

Thanks for your feedback, we are happy to be one of your favorite courses in the area! Sorry for the pace of play issue from our event. On top of the course being full, the rain had forced us to be on the cart path only. We know that slow play lessens the fun of a found of golf. We hope to see you again soon!

ChuckHanson10's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2018

Commented on 04/24/2018

Thank you for your 5 star review! We look forward having you back soon, thank you!

"Will go back for sure"

golfnutpete's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

Great course conditions were decent considering weather the past month or so, pace of play was slow due to the course being full and first nice day in awhile, played with 2 members very enjoyable round

Commented on 04/24/2018

Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your round with a couple of our members! Thank you for your understanding on the course being full. We are ready for the nice days to be more regular. See you soon!

srtitan's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

Thank you!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/22/2018

Commented on 04/24/2018

Thank you, hope to see you again soon!

Christian5786570's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/25/2018

"Great one"

drskim6533's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/25/2018

Great course to play any time. Even in winter the condition was great. Green was Rolling very well even now and I assume it would be even better in summer time. Great layout and fun to play. Combination of easy holes and difficult holes are very well balanced.

Commented on 04/24/2018

Thank you! Thanks for your review. We hope the better weather will bring you back soon.

"Great track with fantastic service from the staff!"

Edward7991511's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/26/2017

Greystone is a fantastic golf course! The layout is challenging from any of the 5 tee boxes. It is also visually stunning, even with the dormant grass in the Winter! I encourage anyone within the greater Nashville, TN area to take the drive to Dickson and enjoy a great round of Championship golf!!

In His Grip!

Eddie Sims

Tampa, FL

"Cold Play!"

jhooper1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/15/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

We teed off at 9:26. It was 30 degrees, which was not a surprise, but still VERY cold and windy. Even so, the course was in fine shape for winter, bunkers were very well maintained, greens were pretty good--would be excellent if people would repair ball marks. I will continue to return to Greystone, but next time it will be above 40 degrees!

"If not the best course it’s one of the two"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/21/2017

Love this course!! If you haven’t played it it’s a must..