2.4
2.2

Year Built 2000
Architect Gary Baird

Worst experience I've ever had

The staff was unbelievably rude. I've never had such poor customer service in my life. There are too many other courses in Crossville that are much nicer that you can go to and not have to deal with a rude staff. Our group of four was playing a little slower that the group behind us. So, we showed proper ediquit and let them play through. We were playing no more than 20 minutes behind the posted pace schedule. So, they made us skip hole ten (which is the nicest hole). After the round, I spoke to the manager and he would not let us play the hole or refund any money for the hole that we didn't get to play. So, we paid for 18 holes of golf and they only let us play 17. I have been playing golf my entire life and have never had anyone make you skip a hole. I will never play heatherhurst again, and I strongly recommend that you don't waste your time playing it either. Go to a nicer course and have fun! After all, that is what golf is all about.

TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT. Worst golf experience of my life.

Worst customer service ever. If you want a nice leisure game of golf, not the place. They have a 4hr and 15min max pace of play. If you are over that by 15 minutes, they will make you skip holes. They are really mean about it... We let 1 group play through us because they were playing really fast and we got really chewed out on the first experience. They made us skip the signature hole 10th when we were 20 minutes behind. I went in to the pro shop and they were even meaner than on the course. The manager was the meanest. I asked them if there was anything they could do since we paid for 18 and were kicked off of a hole for being 15 minutes late. He said, "Short answer is, No". There was one lady that we talked to that was super nice. Everyone else was extremely rude. We played Cumberland and Stonehenge and they were both a really nice staff. If you want a pleasant round where you can enjoy the course, this is the last place I would go. It's in nice shape but we couldn't enjoy it at all... Literally running to our balls and still got kicked off. I've been playing golf for 13+ years and haven't seen anything close to that. I've actually never seen that bad of customer service ever in any place. It is clear that they want to get as many golfers through as possible. They don't care at all if you enjoy your game.

TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT. Worst Golf experience in my life.

Worst customer service ever. If you want a nice leisure game of golf, not the place. They have a 4hr and 15min max pace of play. If you are over that by 15 minutes, they will make you skip holes. They are really mean about it... We let 1 group play through us because they were playing really fast and we got really chewed out on the first experience. They made us skip the signature hole 10th when we were 20 minutes behind. I went in to the pro shop and they were even meaner than on the course. The manager was the meanest. I asked them if there was anything they could do since we paid for 18 and were kicked off of a hole for being 15 minutes late. He said, "Short answer is, No". There was one lady that we talked to that was super nice. Everyone else was extremely rude. We played Cumberland and Stonehenge and they were both a really nice staff. If you want a pleasant round where you can enjoy the course, this is the last place I would go. It's in nice shape but we couldn't enjoy it at all... Literally running to our balls and still got kicked off. I've been playing golf for 13+ years and haven't seen anything close to that. I've actually never seen that bad of customer service ever in any place. They are clearly just trying to get as many people through as possible and couldn't care less if you have a good time. We ended with a 4 hr and 45 minute round and they said we ruined the day for everyone even though there was nobody behind us. They give golf a bad name. The other courses in Crossville are a much better value. Go to Cumberland Mountain and enjoy your round.

Fairly Short but Testy

There are a couple of good golf holes on this course and with a good drive you are in good position to score well. OB is close tho. The fairways and greens were in great shape.

Nice Fairways & Greens but loading up stinks...

Boy if they only used zoyzia on all there courses....what a treat.....Greens putted well.....my issue with all the Fairfield Glade properties is.....You cannot move a single golf cart until its exactly your time to start....you must either use the bag drop.....or schlep all your clubs and stuff to the cart....yep cart guys but nobody loads clubs for even women.....No wonder why EVERYONE who lives here uses carry bags.....No so impressed with a half assed way of running clubs that are either 4 star or 4 1/2 star clubs......

Good not Great

I played Heatherhurst Brae with a friend on a Sunday afternoon. It did not appear to be busy but we were paired with another twosome. Did not bother us but I know for some this can be an issue. The practice facilities were very nice and I always consider it a plus when a course has a nice short game chipping and putting area which this place did. The course was in great shape visually. It has Zoysia fairways which is unique to the other Fairfield courses. The greens looked great but they were a little slow for bent grass this time of year. The Layout just did not fit me personally. It’s a very very short course with out of bounds everywhere. Lots of doglegs with OB. Not a difficult course other than the fact your gonna find yourself hitting 3 from the tee box a couple of times. Number 10 is a beautiful golf hole. Overall this is a good course I would recommend just bring a few extra ball because OB is lurking everywhere.

Tennessee Advisor

Another short layout at Fairfield Glades...with foursomes going off at 1 & 10. WTF!

This was the second course I played over a weekend at Fairfield Glades. This was another annoying short course (see my review on Druid Hills) with the tips at 6171y. When I played I had a foursome with me, a married couple, and an 90 year old senior. Playing from 4 tee boxes was itself a trial. But what really surprised me was the course sending off foursomes in the morning from #1 and #10. I was in the first group off of #10 so the front side was completed without anyone slowing us down ahead. But it still too over 2.5 hours to finish 9. Then at the turn, we had one free hole and then we caught up to the groups who went off the other half. It took us 3 hours to finish that 9. In all, a 5.5 hour round. Add to that, another annoyingly sort course and you have a very frustrating day.

The course itself is in fine condition but who can enjoy the layout with such a long round. My overall impression of laying two Fairfield Glades courses over two days is that the locale is best suited for seniors and those who don't mind waiting on every shot. If you are a low handicap player, find another place to play.

Good course

Central tee times is very difficult to deal with all the time in order to play here. Great course. But gets a lot of play

Always is great shape

This course, like the rest of the Fairfield Glade courses, is always in great shape. They take special care of their courses from tee to green. I also love playing here because they employee numerous marshals who keep the pace up play moving. You could play on a Saturday with a foursome on every hole and you will still finish in under 4 1/2 hours. Wonderful course in a great area.

Beautiful and well maintained. No complaints here!

Great course! Absolutely immaculate greens. I would definitly play again.

Monterey, Tennessee