Twelve Stones Golf Club

3.7912058824 3.8 stars from 5 (241)

Gift this Course

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Black 72 6867 yards N/A N/A
White 72 6012 yards N/A N/A
Red/Gold/Senior 72 5344 yards N/A N/A

Twelve Stones Golf Club (formerly known as Twelve Stones Crossing) sprawls across rolling hills, making the golf course known for its dramatic elevation changes. An even lie will be hard to find and golfers will also have a few blind shots in store for them. The undulating terrain makes for some difficult holes but it serves another, more player-friendly purpose of providing scenic respite with idyllic views of the surrounding countryside. The greens are lightning fast, but they roll true and there is rough bordering the well-manicured fairways. There are also several bunkers strategically placed throughout. It is a golf course that is challenging but still fun to play, a statement that holds true for a wide range of skill levels. Given the versatile design and affordable rates, Twelve Stones Golf Club is a popular venue for tournaments and outings.

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers beginners   Challenges include elevation changes water hazards bunkers   Great for drinks

"6 hour round"

nromeo's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018

Marshall’s don’t help pace of play. Did not receive rain check due to how slow the play was. Stack the tee times to make money. Sad.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 06/20/2018:

Hello, Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We do want to apologize about the pace of play. Please allow us to redeem ourselves next time. Thank you for your business.

"Never again"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2018

After calling for a tee time, we arrived a few minutes early. We paid for our round and then was told a tournament was underway and we would be put in the middle of the tournament. Our round took almost 5.75 hrs. The on course staff was mean, inconsiderate, and useless. I will never go back there and will discourage anyone else from wasting their money

Course Layout: Poor

"Scenic must play"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2018

Definitely a hilly course. With a few flatter holes. Good test through the bag. Greens are good, and roll true. Yes, some of the fairways are thin and need to be filled in, but they are working on it. Some people think ot's a deal breaker, when if it concerns you, just bump your ball a bit. No big thing. Certianly shouldnt keep you from trying this track atleast once. And with the golf now app only costing $17 with a cart? No brainer

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 06/11/2018:

Hello, Thank you for leaving Twelve Stones Golf Club with a 4-star rating. The GolfNow App always has the best hot deals, especially with our golf course. Thank you for your business and book your next round with us soon.

bennett12's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2018

quit after 9 people 2 groups came out of no where to jump in front when turning course has lots of bare areas in the fairways

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 06/11/2018:

Hello, Thank you for providing your feedback. We would like to apologize for those individuals affecting your pace of play. Please allow us to make it up to you in the near future.

Joeforehand's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 06/06/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are always looking to improve and would welcome any additional feedback you might have.

"12 Stone"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018

Tee boxes, fairways and bunkers are in need of major maintenance and repair. Greens are in excellent shape, rolling quick and true. One of my favorite local layouts, challenging and picturesque but needs major work.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 06/05/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff at Twelve Stones Golf Club. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the golf experience that you deserve.

"Mt. Everest outing.LOL"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2018

The course is not long but plays with difficulty due to numerous elevation changes and a creek which meanders across several fairways. Every hole is free lined but fairways are generous. Not a course for the meek - lots of walking. It is a beautifully laid out course and has undergone many improvements the last two years. The fairways had many bare areas but should fill in over the next couple of months. It has some erosion problems due to the hilly layout. Steep cartpaths but carts all had great brakes! A challenging course to play. One really has to think when choosing what club to play. The views on the back nine were spectacular. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I look forward to playing this course again.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 06/11/2018:

Hello, Thank you for leaving Twelve Stones Golf Club with a 4-star rating. Honestly, the view from the back 9 is our favorite as well. We do want to apologize about our course conditions. Thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you soon.

"I keep trying to give this place the benefit of doubt"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2018

First of all this is a nice challenging lay out.

They are definitely trying to improve course conditions

Pace of play is terrible 5 + hours go early beat the heat and the slow players.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 06/04/2018:

Hello, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback regarding the course conditions and the pace of play and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff and sceneries at Twelve Stones Golf Club, and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

"Rain out"

Keith1692119's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2018

We got rained out after 7 holes and was turned down a rain check even for 9 holes. Terrible policy!!

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/31/2018:

Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Twelve Stones Golf Club. We're very sorry to hear you may have had a poor customer experience with us recently, and we appreciate your feedback so we may work on improvements. Thank you for choosing our course in the Crossing Goodlettsville area, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Challenging course"

davidcald87's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Greens ingood shape, challenging layout with accuracy a premium.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/30/2018:

Hi David, Thank you for your kind words and feedback. We applaud you for taking on a challenge. Thank you for your business and remember to book your next round with us soon.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2018

Hard course to play without a range finder. Could be a great course with some maintenance but greens were fine

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/29/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the greens at Twelve Stones Golf Club. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the golf experience that you deserve.

"Great layout, course in horrible shape"

Jeremy4514416's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2018

I’ve played at 12 Stones approximately 5 times and it’s always puzzled me how a course with that much slope can drain so poorly. This time it was by far the worst it’s ever been. We payed $20 and that was way too much. When we checked in the gentleman told us there were a few holes with rough spots, but that was a terrible understatement. We stopped after 13 holes, and I’m not sure there was a single hole that didn’t have brown spots/large stretches of brown on the fairways and/or tee boxes. A few fairways had large pools of standing water. There wasn’t a single sand trap that was playable due to mud. The whole time we were out there we saw 2 workers out there trying to work on the course. I think this course, despite its natural beauty bc of the terrain, just isn’t properly maintained. I know we had a rough, prolonged winter, but I think it’s a bigger issue than that. My advice, play elsewhere (e.g., Legacy, Country Hills) until they can figure something out here.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/29/2018:

Hello Jeremy, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Twelve Stones Golf Club, in the Goodlettsville, Tennessee area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

"what a shame"

BGrzelak's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

This is a great layout. The greens were fast and true but didn't have collars - instead there were sometimes little trenches outlining the greens. The fairways were a mess and surprisingly burnt out at this time of the year. The tees were typically uneven dirt mounds. Believe it or not, I will go back hoping they get the conditions up to par because the course is one of the greatest tracks I've played

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/23/2018:

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We would like to apologize for our course conditions and will address this with our management team. Please come back and let us make it up to you in the near future.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2018

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/16/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

"Course in terrible shape"

jroraus's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2018

I've never seen a golf course in this bad of shape. A lot of the fairways were almost completely dead, tee boxes were all dirt, some didn't even have 1 blade of green grass on them. I've played this course in the past and enjoyed it, but it was so far gone in May this year that there's no way it'll recover any time soon... Pretty much seemed like they've either just stopped all irrigation and maintenance other than mowing, or someone sprayed the whole thing with grass killer on accident instead of fertilizer.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/15/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Twelve Stones Golf Club, in the Goodlettsville, Tennessee area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

"Just needs some work"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2018

Course needs a lot of maintenance work. You can definitely see what the course can be. I would recommend this to someone in the area. We came down for a bachelors party. It’s a tough course I found the course to get more challenging hole by hole.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/15/2018:

Hello,

Thank you for leaving Twelve Stones Golf Club a 5-star rating. We really appreciate your feedback and will inform our management team about your comments regarding maintenance. Honestly, we applaud you for taking on a challenge. Thank you for your business and recommending us to others in the area.

"Slow Play"

adkinshouse's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2018

WE played during the week and it took 5hrs. to play.

Staff acted like Goflnow customers was a inconvenience to them.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/03/2018:

Hello,

We do want to apologize about the pace of play that you experienced. Thank you for providing your feedback. Please let us make it up to you by giving us another chance in the coming weeks.

"Stay Away, Save Your Money"

Scott328427's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2018

The only good thing that I can say is that the greens were green. They were slow, bumpy, and inconsistent. The course was in horrible condition. It could not have been worse unless a tornado had just gone through it. The staff was not friendly, even rude at times. The cart attendant was extremely rude when I asked where the practice putting green was located. The pro at the desk would not even tell me where I could purchase range balls. Everyone there acted like they were annoyed that I was asking where things were located. The Main reason I will never go back to Twelve Stones is Golf Course Etiquette. The starter allowed 3 groups to go up to the tee box and wait. It was a complete cluster of distractions. Then the course is laid out so that you have to back track through playing areas, NO ONE would stop or even pretend to be quiet while we were addressing the ball. This was the most frustrating day of golf in my life!!!! So I say again, NEVER PLAY HERE! SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/07/2018:

Hello Scott, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Twelve Stones Golf Club, in the Crossing, Goodlettsville area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.<br/>

"One Concern for a new Player"

PrettyEyes's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

As a new Golf Player, it is of great concern to me regarding being paired up with two other strangers whom are much more learned than me. It took away from my anticipation and enjoyment of the day. To be constantly worried about someone having to wait on you while you stumbled along and the guilt of not being able to take the time needed to figure out my mistakes. My request is to let two people who have paid their monies to enjoy a game of golf play together without being paired with strangers. As long as you let others play through if it is taking you a little longer and you wait on them to finish, why do you insist to pair people up with others who do not want to be. I ended up sitting out most of the holes because it took me longer to play than the others. So my beautiful Sunday anticipating my first golf game of the year was very discouraging and disappointing and a waste of my money. I have even paid the fees to be in the VIP Membership. Thank you for considering this request. It actually would be a much better experience for all if you do not pair up people who do not want to be playing with others. Nancy Mayberry

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/03/2018:

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for providing your feedback. We do understand your frustration as an avid new golfer and being paired with total strangers. We can look into this matter and see what possibly could be done. Nancy than you again for your business and we hope to see you out the on golf course again.

"Not ready yet."

mjlaw1967's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2018

The course needs time. The fairways and tee boxes have not come in yet. Greens are very smooth but rock hard. I'll go back in July.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/03/2018:

Hello,

Thank you for providing your feedback. We do want to apologize about the course conditions you did experience. All comments will be address with our management team. This will allow us to make improvement that will benefit our business and most importantly our customers. Please come back and let us make it up to you in the near future.