View from a tee at Twelve Stones Golf Club.

Twelve Stones Golf Club (formerly known as Twelve Stones Crossing) sprawls across rolling hills, making the golf course known for its dramatic elevation changes. An even lie will be hard to find and golfers will also have a few blind shots in store for them. The undulating terrain makes for some difficult holes but it serves another, more player-friendly purpose of providing scenic respite with idyllic views of the surrounding countryside. The greens are lightning fast, but they roll true and there is rough bordering the well-manicured fairways. There are also several bunkers strategically placed throughout. It is a golf course that is challenging but still fun to play, a statement that holds true for a wide range of skill levels. Given the versatile design and affordable rates, Twelve Stones Golf Club is a popular venue for tournaments and outings.

Twelve Stones Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Architect Bill Bergin

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

challenging course

i have played 12 stones often,but today i played and their are lots of improvement being added to the fairways and around some holes,and greens. i used to play the white tees but age has crept up and now play gold tees,and they are still a good challenge. really enjoy the friendliness of the staff and rangers. look forward to playing again.

Course is in great shape

The course was in great shape! Only downside was that some people didn't repair their divots on the green

Great value but definitely quirky

First time playing out here and I, overall, enjoyed the experience and thought it was a great value. I will lay out my pros and cons from the round and why I ultimately probably will not play here terribly often.

Pros: Great value in that the greens fees are extremely reasonable. Good practice facility for wedges and short game and the range was fine. There is a great deal of elevation change both uphill and downhill. No two holes were the same. Some fantastic views (especially from the green on Hole 14). Nice staff. Greens were rolling pretty well (a bit slow but that's fine) despite a lot of pitch marks (not the course's fault that its patrons don't fix them). Really liked the driveable #4, cape hole #7, the par 5 #12, and the dramatic downhill chute #16.

Cons: There is creek running through almost all of the holes which forces you to layup quite a bit which got very annoying after a while. Not a ton of room for "bombers" and this is more of a 3W/Hybrid off the tee type of course, especially on the downhill shots. Conditioning is a bit spotty in places. Special shoutout to Hole 14 which is a very poorly designed golf hole that is stuffed in between houses and they should probably completely re-shape/re-design (I made par but everyone I played with missed short with their 2nd and had their balls roll 120 yards back down the hill to them, no real flat place to land a drive, shallow green, very penal hole). Pace of play was incredibly slow, mainly because I think the average golfer really struggles with a lot of the shots required out here. Outside of #5 and #9 there is not a lot of room to miss off the tee which is where higher handicappers always struggle.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and value to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Twelve Stones Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Good course, just too many people.

The course was a great place to play, if not a bit difficult for this high handicapper. Staff was so nice and friendly, Just think they overbooked the tee times as it was too crowded. Several elevation changes along the course. Course was in pretty good condition. Looking forward to playing there again.

Twelve Stones

Staff was exceptional and friendly. Course conditions have vastly improved since I last played in 2019. Carts have excellent GPS and we're emaculant.

All in all a very good experience.

Good course for the value

Course can play long (up to 7,000 yards) and has lots of elevation change. Back 9 plays up and down a few large hills. Owners clearly are working hard to get the course in good shape. Greens rolled well. Overall, good course for the value.

Could be great

Played there yesterday. Bunkers are in desperate need of sand and one hole is under repair. This was not made available when booking and we weren't told at check in. It was over 90 degrees and once on the back 9 we never saw a beverage cart. We were told the person driving the beverage cart went home. If they don't want people bringing they're own coolers refreshments should be available.

Commented on 06/10/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is extremely important to us. Please know that we are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Twelve Stones Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

If you haven't played it lately........

I was a little skeptical about 12 Stones from reading past reviews. But I took that the most recent reviews were on an upward trend to be a good sign and I'm so glad I did. Course is a very fun layout for all skill levels 5 different tee choices. Fairways are in great shape Greens are fast and undulating. No bunker play due to Covid Carts are like new with an excellent GPS monitor. Sandtraps, the club house tavern, is excellent. Had a great time. Will definitely be back!!

Beautiful course!

We were recommended to try out this course from a friend. We were very happy with our experience. Course was beautiful and very well kept. Highly recommend to others.

Impressed

I write a pretty critical review probably last summer after a really bad experience. I’m here to say that I played today and this course staff deserves a round of applause. This course really was unplayable last summer. I suggested they just close the course, let it heal, and try again. The fairways and rough were the same. The greens were cratered, bare in spots, tee boxes just mud, course was packed and took 6 hours to play.

Not today. Today, the fairways are beautiful. Greens are much better. Tee boxes, better. 15 minute tee time slots are HEAVEN. Please don’t be greedy and go back once this COVID quarantine is over. I’m a 5 handicap; I know the difference between playing a tough course and playing a course whose conditions make it tough. I used to think 12 Stones was the latter. This course is tough, and it was fun. Thank you!

Reviews were WAY off

This course is in EXCELLENT condition. The only green with any physical problem is the 18th. Every other green was as good as it gets. The fairways are enormous, each hole is challenging and unique, there are stunning views on most of them, there are great water features, the staff is wonderful, the carts are brand new with GPS, the driving range is great, I don’t have a single complaint about this place. I definitely need to get better but this is a great course. Give it another chance. The new owners have done a great job according to many of these other reviews that said this place is trash. It’s so not. We will play here again for sure.

Twelve Stones is back

Very good conditions. Friendly staff. Pace of play was decent. Greens were very fast and rolled nicely. I’ll definitely be back for more!!

In great condition

The current owners of this course have upgraded it dramatically. It is in the best condition of any course I have played this spring.

An intimidating visual gem!!

I’ve played this course for many years under a few different owners. The folks who are running the course now have done and are doing a phenomenal job of getting this course back to pristine condition. I’m a single digit handicap who enjoys having to play different shots!! This course requires fades, draws, high and low shots, and if you’re not careful you can definitely leave yourself the occasional chip out and take your medicine!! Course conditions for this time of year are phenomenal!! Definitely will be playing this course again soon!! We’re even looking into joining the place!! Keep up the good work 12Rocks!!!

The comeback kid

I normally do not write reviews however the super and his staff should be applauded bringing this place back to life. The course was rough several months ago but now the greens are smooth, all bare spots are gone and the fairways are striped. The carts even have gps now. Bunkers are still rough however that is a non issue to me.

First Time

Nice course that seems to have been upgraded over the treats. Not A long course but it does present some challenging shots.

Pace of Play

Course was in great shape for February. However, pace of play was absolutely horrific. Spread tee times out, and charge more if need be, will not return here unless this improves. My 3-some, which often can get in under 3 hours, took over 5 hours for this round. Horrible horrible horrible pacing.

Commented on 02/25/2020

Hello, Ben9020658. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Hendersonville, Tennessee