Twelve Stones Golf Club (formerly known as Twelve Stones Crossing) sprawls across rolling hills, making the golf course known for its dramatic elevation changes. An even lie will be hard to find and golfers will also have a few blind shots in store for them. The undulating terrain makes for some difficult holes but it serves another, more player-friendly purpose of providing scenic respite with idyllic views of the surrounding countryside. The greens are lightning fast, but they roll true and there is rough bordering the well-manicured fairways. There are also several bunkers strategically placed throughout. It is a golf course that is challenging but still fun to play, a statement that holds true for a wide range of skill levels. Given the versatile design and affordable rates, Twelve Stones Golf Club is a popular venue for tournaments and outings.

Twelve Stones Golf Club
Red/Gold/Senior 72 5344 yards 66.1 111
Red/Gold/Senior (W) 72 5344 yards 67.1 113
Scorecard for Twelve Stones Crossing
Black M: 72.1/138 537 439 392 321 594 166 391 196 435 3471 427 206 538 379 347 198 534 365 400 3394 6865
White M: 69.2/128 476 380 345 275 551 141 345 163 370 3046 365 157 463 329 295 164 497 318 378 2966 6012
Gold M: 67.2/116 447 334 324 214 499 109 304 146 343 2720 348 132 444 290 245 138 448 278 331 2654 5374
Red W: 69.2/120 447 334 324 214 499 109 304 146 343 2720 348 132 444 290 245 138 448 278 331 2654 5374

Year Built 1999
Architect Bill Bergin

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Course in terrible shape

I've never seen a golf course in this bad of shape. A lot of the fairways were almost completely dead, tee boxes were all dirt, some didn't even have 1 blade of green grass on them. I've played this course in the past and enjoyed it, but it was so far gone in May this year that there's no way it'll recover any time soon... Pretty much seemed like they've either just stopped all irrigation and maintenance other than mowing, or someone sprayed the whole thing with grass killer on accident instead of fertilizer.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/15/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Twelve Stones Golf Club, in the Goodlettsville, Tennessee area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Just needs some work

Course needs a lot of maintenance work. You can definitely see what the course can be. I would recommend this to someone in the area. We came down for a bachelors party. It’s a tough course I found the course to get more challenging hole by hole.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/15/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Twelve Stones Golf Club a 5-star rating. We really appreciate your feedback and will inform our management team about your comments regarding maintenance. Honestly, we applaud you for taking on a challenge. Thank you for your business and recommending us to others in the area.

Slow Play

WE played during the week and it took 5hrs. to play.
Staff acted like Goflnow customers was a inconvenience to them.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/03/2018:
Hello, We do want to apologize about the pace of play that you experienced. Thank you for providing your feedback. Please let us make it up to you by giving us another chance in the coming weeks.

Stay Away, Save Your Money

The only good thing that I can say is that the greens were green. They were slow, bumpy, and inconsistent. The course was in horrible condition. It could not have been worse unless a tornado had just gone through it. The staff was not friendly, even rude at times. The cart attendant was extremely rude when I asked where the practice putting green was located. The pro at the desk would not even tell me where I could purchase range balls. Everyone there acted like they were annoyed that I was asking where things were located. The Main reason I will never go back to Twelve Stones is Golf Course Etiquette. The starter allowed 3 groups to go up to the tee box and wait. It was a complete cluster of distractions. Then the course is laid out so that you have to back track through playing areas, NO ONE would stop or even pretend to be quiet while we were addressing the ball. This was the most frustrating day of golf in my life!!!! So I say again, NEVER PLAY HERE! SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/07/2018:
Hello Scott, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Twelve Stones Golf Club, in the Crossing, Goodlettsville area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

One Concern for a new Player

As a new Golf Player, it is of great concern to me regarding being paired up with two other strangers whom are much more learned than me. It took away from my anticipation and enjoyment of the day. To be constantly worried about someone having to wait on you while you stumbled along and the guilt of not being able to take the time needed to figure out my mistakes. My request is to let two people who have paid their monies to enjoy a game of golf play together without being paired with strangers. As long as you let others play through if it is taking you a little longer and you wait on them to finish, why do you insist to pair people up with others who do not want to be. I ended up sitting out most of the holes because it took me longer to play than the others. So my beautiful Sunday anticipating my first golf game of the year was very discouraging and disappointing and a waste of my money. I have even paid the fees to be in the VIP Membership. Thank you for considering this request. It actually would be a much better experience for all if you do not pair up people who do not want to be playing with others. Nancy Mayberry

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/03/2018:
Hi Nancy, Thank you for providing your feedback. We do understand your frustration as an avid new golfer and being paired with total strangers. We can look into this matter and see what possibly could be done. Nancy than you again for your business and we hope to see you out the on golf course again.

Not ready yet.

The course needs time. The fairways and tee boxes have not come in yet. Greens are very smooth but rock hard. I'll go back in July.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/03/2018:
Hello, Thank you for providing your feedback. We do want to apologize about the course conditions you did experience. All comments will be address with our management team. This will allow us to make improvement that will benefit our business and most importantly our customers. Please come back and let us make it up to you in the near future.

Course is potentially very nice

This was the first time playing the course. The layout is very nice and for the average golfer (15-18 handicap) the whites are challenging enough.

The course has major damage from rain/flooding and this significantly detracted from the overall experience. Even shots that landed in the middle of the fairway were challenging due to either standing pools of water or lack of grass from water damage. If the course was in better shape I would rate it one of the better courses in the Nashville area I have ever played.

The reason for the low score for off course amenities was a pretty sparse pro-shop and no food/beverage cart. The only food other than candy bars available were pre-packaged deli sandwiches and those were frozen.

I think this course will be really nice if they can recover from the water damage and once the food cart driver is home on summer break. I would consider playing it again if I could get a look at the condition of the course prior to booking a tee time.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/01/2018:
Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Twelve Stones Golf Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Goodlettsville area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

This course has great greens

One of my favorite courses of course its 2miles from my house. As soon as the fairways green up it will be perfect

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/18/2018:
Hello, We are honored that you left Twelve Stones Golf Club with a 5-star rating. It's great your only 2 miles away. Thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you out on our golf course.

Course is in good shape, staff is friendly and accommodating.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 05/01/2018:
Hello, Thank you for providing Twelve Stones Golf Club with a 4-star rating. We are pleased to hear that we met your overall expectations. We look forward to you booking another round with us soon.
Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 04/20/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Twelve Stones Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff and that your round was a great value for you, so we hope this improved your overall experience with us. Thank you for your choosing our course, in the Goodlettsville area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bad experience again

I received an email from 12 Stones asking me to write a review on golf advisor. So, here it is...

We had a morning tee time. It was packed tight. Clubhouse sent groups out every 5 minutes. This was MUCH too tight and caused major backups all morning. By the time we hit the 5th tee box Marshall told us to pick up the pace. There was one group in the 5th fairway in front of us and another on the green. Where were we to go?

Once we cleared the 5th green the rude/hostile group behind us chewed us out for slow play! Again, 2 groups immediately in front of us! Where we we to go? Told clubhouse at turn. They said they knew the group that chewed us out (evidently they’ve got a reputation) but couldn’t/wouldn’t do anything because they were members.

Made the turn (still packed course) and on the 12th fairway the Marshal told us again to keep pace! Explained multiple groups in front and clubhouse booking groups ever 5 minutes. Also informed him that we (2 golfers) finished the front 9 in 1:48! No way to go faster!

Rude golfers (members of the club) have ruined rounds for us there before. After 14 holes I stopped keeping score. Day was destroyed and my card reflected it. I paid for 27 holes but cut my losses and left after 18. It will be a very long time, if ever, that I give 12 Stones my business. There are too many nice courses in middle Tennessee to continue to spend $ there.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 04/20/2018:
Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Twelve Stones Golf Club. We're very sorry to hear you may have had a poor customer experience with us recently, and we appreciate your feedback so we may work on improvements for your future experience with us. We apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstanding during your reservation and hope we can better clarify in the future if necessary. Thank you for choosing our course in the Goodlettsville area, and we hope to see you again soon.

not for the faint of heart

superb elevation changes, number 12(?) measures 330 from white tees, plays 430. Love to see course in late spring after over seeding, would be very pretty.

Great Value

Course was in good condition given all the rain we've had this spring. Greens were long but looking nice after aeration. Will be interesting to see how the course progresses this year.

Best Value in Area

Not for the weak of heart as elevation is in play on many holes. But, the fairways are friendly and the greens play well. Played a course in Old Hickory that reminded us of country clubs back home... holes running back and forth making use of every yard of real estate...but, Twelve Stones plays like our premier courses at home! No repetition and seldom driving into a different fairway. Skip the “General” and don’t be “Presidential” cast your first stone at Twelve Stones.

Course rocks! Staff is the best! Great layout! These people are putting in a lot of hard work on this course. Love that this course is in my adopted home town.

Fun layout, could be 4.5 stars with some TLC and better tee time management

Enjoyed the course once we teed off. Had 5 foursomes in front of us to tee off on #1 so we were 45 minutes late off the box. If they can figure that out and spend a few bucks on the fairways, this could be a real hidden gem.

Soggy but fun

Nashville has received a ton of rain lately so the course was almost underwater. All things considered though, it was a nice track. Medium length from the back tees and interesting layout. The greens were the best thing about the course and they rolled true all day. One big downer is the lack of a restaurant. I held off getting food before my round expecting to grab a sandwich at the course only to be told the restaurant closed down two weeks ago. Had a lot of fun though and is very much worth the money.

Hendersonville, Tennessee
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Nashville, Tennessee
Greenbrier, Tennessee
Nashville, Tennessee
Mount Juliet, Tennessee

Valid dates: Jun 21, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Sign up for a 2 or 3 Day Golf School and receive accommodations in a villa for the duration of your stay.
Keystone Resort Stay, Play and Save