A view of the 3rd green at Twelve Stones Golf Club.

Twelve Stones Golf Club (formerly known as Twelve Stones Crossing) sprawls across rolling hills, making the golf course known for its dramatic elevation changes. An even lie will be hard to find and golfers will also have a few blind shots in store for them. The undulating terrain makes for some difficult holes but it serves another, more player-friendly purpose of providing scenic respite with idyllic views of the surrounding countryside. The greens are lightning fast, but they roll true and there is rough bordering the well-manicured fairways. There are also several bunkers strategically placed throughout. It is a golf course that is challenging but still fun to play, a statement that holds true for a wide range of skill levels. Given the versatile design and affordable rates, Twelve Stones Golf Club is a popular venue for tournaments and outings.

Twelve Stones Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Architect Bill Bergin

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Course is all hills. Tees in bad shape, greens are in fair to bad shape.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Awesome course!

This is probably the 5th time playing at 12 stones. It’s always in great shape. The GM (Chase) and the staff are always accommodating. I will be returning soon.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review bhud20! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience all 5 times. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Commented on 10/24/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Great Course Making Solid Improvements

First off, I play this course a lot and seeing some of these negative reviews really shouldn’t turn anyone away from playing here. The course is making great improvements right now. There were a few trees cut down that will really free up some sun and air into lots of the greens and fairways. The course was hurt in the middle of the summer when the heat burnt it (along with most other public courses in Nashville) but has made a great comeback.

One green is top dressed now which is fine because it looks like the grass is really taking on it. The rest of the greens are rolling great and look to be in good shape with the cooler weather and moisture.

For the price and the great layout, I can’t see how anyone could ever complain.

Commented on 10/24/2019

Thank you for the great feedback Boomersooner! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Great potential

Staff was very friendly. I did not see anyone on the course but myself and my partner so the pace of play was as fast or slow as we wanted. The greens were pretty bad so if you are a serious golfer then I would wait. They seem to be working a lot of the course so that’s a good sign. The rough is a true rough and I even lost my ball a couple times bc when they mow the cut grass it just lays there instead of collecting it. The course layout was awesome, great scenery and a lot of hills. Our cart was clean but backfired a couple times and scared the crap out me. But overall, the course is heading in a good direction with this staff. I would go again if I was in the area. Definitely work the $23 I paid.

Commented on 09/13/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we do strive daily to maintain high standards. We would love to have you back soon as it would allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

Horrible condition

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY. IF I COULD I WOULD GIVE 0 STARS. COURSE NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN AND REPAIRED.

Great Hot Deal!

I was in Nashville visiting my daughter and looked for a hot deal on a whim. Booked a tee time for $12!! Unbelievable. This is by no means a $12 course. I got lucky! Staff was very friendly. Course was in great shape. Bunkers need some work but that’s not their fault as Nashville has been getting tons of rain. Course has great features, and a really pretty layout. I liked this course because it is a challenge but it’s fair. If you hit good shots you’re rewarded. I’ll definitely come back!

Commented on 08/08/2019

Hi, timalex1. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Twelve Stones Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 09/13/2019

Just a great overall course

Great staff and an unbelievable value for the money! Will definitely play here again

Commented on 09/13/2019

I played this course about 10 years ago and it was a cow pasture the greens were dried up the fairways were dirt I was pleasantly surprised at how good the conditions are at the course fairways and greens maintain perfectly I would highly recommend this course

Commented on 09/13/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Good & Bad

Had an 11:30 tee time, showed up 45 minutes early to check in and hit a bucket of balls only to be rushed on to the 1st tee by a ranger because the pairing I was grouped with was ready at 11. I think I hit 5 balls on the range before the guy was behind me rushing me to finish up and get to the 1st tee. We got to the 5th hole and another ranger showed up and decided he wanted us to let a twosome play through because it would “speed things up.” The problem was the twosome ahead of us were very inexperienced golfers and so instead of being held up by a twosome we were held up by both twosomes ahead of us combined by the ranger. Also, the size of the buckets on the range are a joke. There’s not a course in the Nashville area who short changes you more on the range than 12 Stones. If you’re trying to work on your game go to Hermitage, Country Hills, or Gaylord. 2-3x the balls for what you pay at 12 Stones. No putting green is a joke too. I like this course but it’s definitely in need of a few additions/tweaks to their course amenities while also addressing their staff in regards to being more courteous and aware of how to speed up play.

Commented on 05/14/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will allow us another chance to WOW you with a future visit. Until then, take care!

I’ve played on better greens

Played this course on a packed Saturday morning. There were people everywhere, the starter didn’t handle our grouping the best putting two singles in one group with a twosome teeing off right behind us. Fairways were in pretty good shape, a couple of the tee boxes were shaggy and uneven, and the greens were slooooow and bumpy. I liked the layout of the course, it’s fair share of doglegs and fun holes to play. I would play it again but would like to have the greens in better shape.

Commented on 09/13/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we do strive daily to maintain high standards. Please come back soon and allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

Twelve stones

Greens are in decent shape the fairways are in excellent shape. The course is really starting to look great. The driving range was looking good as well. For the price you just can’t beat this course.

Nice layout

Fairways, tee boxes, greens were all in good shape. A few wet spots here and there. A lot of up and down the hills. Fun layout. Would definitely go back.

Great Value

Course is coming along nicely after the difficult conditions this spring. Great value and good pace of play. Some bare spots but nothing too bad.

Challenging and beautiful!

Course is in great shape. Greens have been aerated mid March, but most were very true. This is a course that you must have some knowledge of as there are many areas you can get into trouble in, but a great design and very affordable for this area.

Solid

12 Stones greens are in the best condition I’ve seen them in awhile. The layout is always challenging and I love to play here. A few dislikes are the ball washers being busted and the lack of a practice putting green. Other than that, keep up the good work fellas.

Commented on 12/28/2018