Country Hills Golf Club

Located just 20 minutes north of Nashville, Country Hills Golf Club in Hendersonville is not only conveniently situated, it also offers a challenging round for golfers of all skill levels. The narrow fairways demand accuracy, especially on the front nine's tricky par 4s. The holes on the back nine are somewhat more open but those benefits are offset by a variety of well-placed hazards and hillier terrain that make it the more challenging of the two nines. Playing with someone who is familiar with the course or at least thoroughly studying the scorecard beforehand would be helpful. Golfers should brace themselves for the especially treacherous second and 15th holes. To prepare for this formidable test, golfers can warm-up on the large driving range and putting green.
Country Hills Golf Course
Championship 70 6174 yards 71.8 123
Middle 70 5710 yards 69.9 120
Forward (W) 70 5003 yards 68.7 118
Scorecard for Country Hills
Blue M: 69.7/120 364 184 384 452 162 387 184 361 398 2876 360 502 531 378 169 386 200 380 429 3335 6211
White M: 68.1/118 350 163 363 431 148 370 167 346 378 2716 334 480 515 343 156 369 178 356 415 3146 5862
Yellow M: 65.6/111 340 145 301 415 138 305 148 314 329 2435 318 425 449 296 150 349 168 342 392 2889 5324
Red W: 68.4/114 320 116 296 408 135 293 130 311 326 2335 305 420 446 259 144 319 134 279 350 2656 4991

Year Built 1990
Architect Leon Howard (1990)

a great course

the course was in good shape the greens was quick the fairway was mowed good the only bad thing was the rough was fluffy and hard to find your ball when it nestle down in the rough

Great course to play

The course was in a great condition. Beautiful views. There were a lot blind shot, but that was challenging. Love to play it.

Tough course if you are not in the fairways. Rough was long and difficult to find a ball and worse to hit out of. Green were aerated a week or so ago and did not roll well. Still a nice challenging course. Staff was great. Sandwich at the turn was a great value.

I really like this course. A lot of hills. Name of the course says it all. Smaller greens make it challenging.

Over hill and dale

We got a Golf Now hot deal to play this course. I am glad we did because the savings helped pay for the lost balls.

The staff was very nice and friendly. They answered all my questions.

This course is built into a TN hill/mountain. Which made the fairways challenging to hit. There is one hole that you have to hit the top of the hill and let it roll because if you hit the fairway straight on the ball rolls off the side of a hill. There are par 4s where you cant see the flag from the whites. Even the GPS went wonky on a couple of holes.

The grass was a bit long on the red tee boxes.

We had a fun time. Probably won't be back but only because we had to drive 30 minutes to get there and there are much closer course.

Response from Country Hills Golf Course on 09/05/2018:
Hello, on behalf of Country Hills Golf Course staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Barbara & Bruce Country Hills

My wife and I travel in our motorhome and play golf as much as we can in different states and cities. We were camping in Gallatin Tn. and the weather was perfect the day we played golf at Country Hills Golf Course, Hendersonville Tn. The course for a Tenn. course was in average condition. The green were very slow and you needed to keep the ball under the hole, what few sand traps there were were in average shape and easy to get out of. The staff was helpful and the club house and restaurant were average. The course is very hilly and had a number of uphill blind shots. I would recommend playing Country Hills Golf Course if you are in the Hendersonville Tn. area, average course and a great Hot Deal value.

Response from Country Hills Golf Course on 08/08/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are happy to see that you recommend the course. Our staff will keep working hard to make necessary improvements, and we hope that you will one day have the chance to golf with us again!

Holy Blind Shots!!

Scheduled 36 holes, 5 days prior. A bet had to be settled on neutral territory, and it was definitely settled!! Hopefully he’s learned once and for all, don’t mess with a short knocker.

Way too many blind shots for me, even if I knew the course.

Fairways just plugged, greens were good.

Staff was great. Conditions were wet, storms came through for 2 days, course actually took it quite well.

Thanks to the staff for getting us a dry cart to start, and for letting us go off earlier for the 2nd 18

Short course, tight fairways, smaller greens-that are tricky, keep this course from being very vulnerable.

Enjoyed the rounds, but not sure I’ll be driving from the south side of Nashville to play a course with this many blind shots. That was frustrating, especially since it was path only, which was perfectly, ok according to conditions.

Enjoy your round!!

Very enjoyable

I booked a teatime when I got there I asked if I could go early and the staff was very professional and they said no problem

Excellent course

I really like this city owned course. It’s well maintained and no two holes are the same. The staff was very friendly, and that counts.

Always challenging

With the hills and some narrow fairways it is sometimes hard to keep ball in play so you play your best or else. Good course all around. The greens are looking good.

Good course. Would play here again

Traveled to Nashville and explored the useful Golfadvisor app to find this course, which met our expectations. I was surprised at the slope rating. The course had several challenging holes. We would play here again. We were paired with 2 great guys who were local to the area and played this course many times.

Poorly maintained

Golf course had several areas of standing water. Poor practice facilities. Grass was dormant from winter and dry fairways ( which isn’t the courses fault). Greens were good.

Response from Country Hills Golf Club on 04/27/2018:
Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Country Hills Golf Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Sumner County area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

Difficult corse with lots of hills. When the

fairways grass grows in, I would like to give the course another try

Marc

Great course , we have a lot of rain and corse drains well. The greens where in good shape too.

Tennessee Advisor

Unique layout with some tough elevation

There are some holes where being in the fairway is an absolute must due to the elevation changes. Course was in decent shape considering all of the recent heavy rains (greens had just been aerated). The beginning of the back 9 has a few holes that play very similarly to one another, but the holes on the rest of the course all feel very unique. A bit short from the tips compared to some other area courses, but the elevation changes balance some of that out.

Response from Country Hills Golf Club on 03/21/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.
Response from Country Hills Golf Course on 12/18/2017:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Country Hills Golf Course, and for the 3 stars. We hope you had a great round and we're glad to see you had a friendly experience with our staff. We appreciate your feedback, and any additional feedback as well, so we may improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for golfing with us in the Nashville area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Valid dates: Oct 19, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018