Nashville National Golf Links

Greens MiniVerde Ultra Dwarf Bermudagrass
Architect Jim Kirkley

Single Allowed Yes

Amazing!

I didn’t know what kind of shape the greens would be in this winter so I didn’t expect much. I was blown away! I will definitely return

Great Hidden Affordable Gem

This was a great track for the money. Staff was awesome!! Pace of play was great. 3 hours for 18 holes. Highly recommended this course

The course was in great shape. The greens were firm and rolled true.

Course in great shape

The course is in great shape. Leaves are dropping but they are not much of a problem. Sand traps could use some work but I try to avoid them anyway!

good value

Have not played this course since it was Through the Green. Hospitable staff, great carts with GPS. Course was dry and hard but in good shape for the end of season. Will return.

ADD TO YOUR LIST

If you are looking for a new course to challenge your shotmaking ability, then give NNGL a try. Yes, it's the same Highland Rim track, but it's got a new.owner that I can say personally is committed to making this course a regional destination. If you haven't been here or it's been a few years, make the trek. It's not that far out of town and once there, you feel like you have no one around you for miles. The pace of play was great. Staff friendly. I will be back and look forward to seeing how the course improves. Back nine has a lot of fun holes.

Great Course & Friendly Staff

This is the old Highland Rim, but the last year new manitgment has really improved the course. Play it couple times a week. It's well maintained and again great service. Love the GPS system on all carts.

Excellent Course, but bring a Novel to Read while you wait

This course was in very good condition. The fairways are zoysia grass and were lush. The greens are MiniVerde Bermuda grass, and while a little slick and crusty, putted true.
The course is not very long, but you must hit the ball straight. When I play it again, I'll use a long- to medium-iron off the tee for several of the par 4s.
The only real complaint here is the pace of play. We waited on every tee box to hit. ALL 18 holes. Took us 4 hours, 50 minutes to finish our round. In some instances, two groups were on the tee box waiting to play.
I'll play this course again, and hopefully they will have a ranger keeping the play moving.

Enjoyed the course

Course was in good condition, still needs more work to be really nice. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Grab a yardage book if you play course for the first time. Fairways are nice and greens are quick. Enjoyed our round there, will go back

Today

I give that title because this is a course in revival mode. And they are doing a great job. The greens were not perfect but they were payable without impact on your putts. With the current management this course will soon be a gem. As is, it is a pleasure.

A Course on the Rise!

A few years ago, you could probably count on one hand the number of people that would recommend this course to their fellow golfers in the area, but fast forward to today and it's an easy course to recommend, especially for the money.

This course has come a long way over the past few years and today, it's a wonderful course that can played for a reasonable greens fee. The course plays much longer than the scorecard would suggest, and wailing away with the driver is ill advised. This is a shotmakers course that requires the golfer to hit nearly every club, and a proficient long iron player will do well here. It's also quite picturesque with the creek and limestone bluffs. Also, there are no homes on the course to clutter up the scenery. The fairways were in good shape, but could stand to be cut a little lower. Most of the greens are in good shape and the ones that aren't perfect are healing. The bunkers need a little TLC, but then again they're supposed to be hazards, so I won't ding them too much. Honestly, most of the bad bunkers should just be filled in and grassed over and some already have.

The staff at this little gem are wonderful and maybe the most friendly daily fee staff I've ever met. They want your business and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure you have a pleasant experience. Give this course another year and it will be nearly perfect for an excellent daily fee experience.

Great job Nashville National Golf Links!

Top of the line carts and course

This course was about 20 minutes from downtown Nashville and a perfect getaway from the city. The course was very well maintained and the staff were very friendly. As soon as our group pulled up they had carts waiting for us at our vehicles. I would definitely recommend this course to anybody wanting to hit the links.

First time and it sure did rain

I have heard of this course (under different names) but this last Sunday, thru Golfnow Hot Deals, was the first time to play this course and I will be back. The course has some quirks and needs to have course map on score card and/or cart GPS, without made directions to next tee box somewhat questionable for first time playing. But if this is all I can complain about the course is well ahead. The course fairways and tee boxes were great, a few greens were not perfect, but they were very playable. The pace of play was great, as if my son in law and I had the course to ourselves. The only complaint I can have is that we only finished thru 13 holes because of mother nature’s rain and more rain, almost biblical portions. The GPS instructions called for severe thunderstorms and seek shelter witch we did, what seemed about an hour later it was still pouring so we got back to the parking lot totally wet. We both will have a return visit, hope this is some help.

Good things and bad things

The good: Great course design. Crazy greens, very big slopes, makes for quite the challenge. Some greens were kinda rough but in general they were playable and the course is short but challenging.

The bad: the carts are super fancy with GPS, however they come with Bluetooth speakers. Meaning, the course was like Lake Havasu. Loud blaring music all around, with some tee boxes and greens all in a tight space. The course essentially promotes a party atmosphere, and as much as I don’t want to sound like an old guy, I don’t golf to drink and party. I golf to golf. I want to play again, but I’m afraid I might get paired out with a frat party. It would ruin the round for me. So I might never come back, even though I really enjoyed the round. It’s hard to tell multiple groups of people to turn their music down. I mean music on a golf course is like talking on your speaker phone in public. It’s rude and inconsiderate.

Course Getting Better and Better

This course has improved a lot in the last 2 months since I played it. Fairfways and greens are in very good shape. Greens were a bit fast but receptive from approach shots. Good combination of challenging and easier holes. The best part was the pace of play. I played by myself 18 holes in 2h 50min. More people should be playing out here. Will be back and 100% reccomend it.

Excellent

This course was very nice and an easy drive from Nashville. The tee boxes, fairways, and greens were all in excellent condition. Course is both fun and challenging. The staff are super friendly as well. Will definitely be back soon.

Greenbrier, Tennessee