Type Public/Municipal
Knoxville Municipal Golf Course

Year Built 1984
Architect D. J. DeVictor (1984)

I had a great round

I had a great round of golf. We have gotten alot of rain lately so the greens were slow.
Some of the golfers were not fixing their ball marks on the green which overtime will hurt the greens.
I will play this course again in the next couple of weeks.

Commented on 10/15/2019

Thanks for your review. We appreciate honest feedback to help improve our guest experience. If you have a specific area of our service or course that you'd like to discuss, please reach out to us at info@golfknox.com. Thank you.

Very nice condition and layout

This course was in very good shape and the staff was very friendly. It was a little crowded, but this course is very popular with East Tennesseans.

Commented on 08/20/2019

Thank you for your kind review. We're glad you enjoyed your visit with us. Come back soon!

Commented on 08/20/2019

Thanks for your honest feedback and review. We take this seriously and are working every day to improve. We'd like to continue this conversation with you more. Please email us at info@golfknox.com. Thank you!

Rain check

Are we able to get a rain check. We got through the first 9 holes and then got rained out. Wasn’t sure how it worked to try and request this. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Commented on 07/10/2019

Thanks for your review and comments. Please contact us at info@golfknox.com and we can figure out what's possible here.

Commented on 07/08/2019

u8634510 -

Thanks for playing at Knox Muni! Sorry to hear you're back 9 was rained out, but I would be more than happy to help with issuing you a rain check for those holes you were unable to play. Please shoot me an email to JSmedley@GolfKnox.com with your tee time information (names of players in your group, tee time, fee you paid) and I will make sure that we get you set up with that rain check.

Best,

Justin Smedley
GM

Hit and miss

No pun intended with the title. This course is kinda hit and miss. Some very nice spots. The back 9 is in much better condition, in my opinion than the front 9. Some cart path issues, mostly on the front, course mostly in good shape. Just some weird things throughout the course, though. Spots in fairways and even just in the first cut that are inconsistent and out of place .Random holes all over the place. Anything off the fairway, even slightly, and you might have no idea where your ball is even if it wasn't unreasonably far and wide. Greens were in good condition. Not a lot of people on the course today, I was essentially alone. The second half of the day that was because of the rainstorm, but it doesn't seem to get a lot of action. Friendly staff. No driving range here, which is strange to me. But it was a nice, generally relaxing round. I would go again, but I don't live in town.

Don’t play this course

I was shocked at how bad this course was. There’s dirt everywhere, even in the fairway.

Commented on 07/10/2019

We're sorry that you didn't have a great experience with us. We take customer feedback seriously. Please reach out to us at info@golfknox.com so we can learn more about how to make the customer experience better.

Improved

The course has made quite a few improvements and were busy with more today. The course was in the best condition I’ve personally seen it. Will play there more often.

Commented on 07/10/2019

Thanks for your kind words and review. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to having you play here again soon.

Good public course..

Great staff and grill....good layout. Fairways need attention, grass very sparse.. .

Commented on 07/10/2019

Thank you for your feedback, Douglas. We take your opinion seriously, and are working everyday to improve the customer experience. If you have other comments that you'd like to share, please reach out to us at info@golfknox.com

Don’t believe the pictures

GolfNow picture of course look very nice . This course needs to be closed down. Cow pasture .

Commented on 07/10/2019

Thanks for your review. We work everyday against weather challenges to present the course in it's best possible condition to our golfers. We'd like to continue this conversation with you on how you feel that we can improve. Please email us at info@golfknox.com. Thank you.

Love the staff.

Willie, Alice and David are wonderful warm folks that welcome you every time you play.
The condition of the cart paths is an embarrassment. The greens were recently aerated so the balls would jump across the green with every putt. I understand this is only temporary and will improve, but just as your ball bounces across the greens, your cart will do the same down the cart path.
This course is a great little gem here in Knoxville. I wish it were better funded.
Alice keeps the best deli in Knoxville! Her hot dogs are spot on! If it weren’t for the staff, I would just drive to another course.

Commented on 07/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are delighted our staff meets all your expectations. We appreciate your feeddback and hope to see you again soon.

Enjoyed playing this course yesterday. I've only been playing for 3 years and I actually played better this year than I did last year on this course. Everyone was friendly. The greens had been aeriated a week or two ago so they were still bumpy but the clubhouse had a sign up reminding everybody. If you've never played here, I would recommend this course in a heartbeat.

Commented on 07/30/2019

Thank you for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 10/15/2019

Thank you for your 4 star review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back again soon.

Commented on 07/10/2019

Thanks for your review, Andy. We hope that you had an enjoyable experience with us. Come back and play again soon.

Commented on 07/10/2019

Thank you for your review. We take customer feedback seriously, and are working hard to improve the customer experience. Please let us know if there is a specific service area you were dissatisfied with by emailing us at info@golfknox.com

Greens are in tough shape

greens need to be resurfaced, fairways are in good condition and wide open. Would have been better if slower players had the courtesy to let faster players to play through.

Greens are ruined! Crab grass everywhere!

We love coming to play here, it's about a hour drive for my foursome. The guy in the clubhouse is Willie and he's is what every person at check in should be! Always in a great mood and very friendly! The course was full green, rough was playing rough as it should, but the greens are awful! The crabgrass had overrun them and they are in real danger of losing several greens! This has happened in the last two months and is really bad, I'd felt better if they were rarified than the mess they were in, $35 is way too much to pay for this current condition! When theirs prestige courses just a short drive away, we won't be back anytime soon!

Oak Ridge, Tennessee