Style Links

Year Built 1995
Golf Season Year round. High Season: March - October
Architect Gene Bates (1995)

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Tennessee (2015 #2)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2014 #6)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2015 #21)

Amazing Food 15

Demise of a good course:

I am sad to say that this beautiful old course is starting to follow the path of many others. I have played this course many times. It has always been enjoyable and fair. But. as I understand; the party leasing this course from the owner, is not planning to return. Un fortunately, it shows a little bit. It's not quite what it was as far as maintenance. I hope the course will continue with new owners/ lessors.

Commented on 11/11/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing and the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Saddle Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Great Course fun to pkay

The course was good. Some spots on the green but with the drought it is to be expected. Very friendly staff.

Vastly Improved

Clearly the staff has been working diligently to improve course conditions...the challenge for them has been areas on specific greens due to extreme heat and drought. They have resolved 95% of the issues. The course conditions were overall excellent!

The pace of play was quick. However, the course was in bad shape. Lots of bear spots. Definitely needs some maintenance..

Not Good

Course is in moderate to terrible condition. Greens are noticeably punched and feature numerous bare spots. Fairways are brown. Course needs much work before it will be worth playing.

Commented on 09/17/2019

Hi, joecrowdergolf. Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing and the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Saddle Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

One of my favorite courses

Course was great. Not crowded on a Friday. Played at our own pace. Tees and fairways perfect. Greens a little sketchy, but it's been extremely hot here in TN. Still very playable, though. Greens-keeper did great job dropping pins in best areas of greens. Highly recommend this course.

Front nine greens condition

Played front nine and first hole green was in terrible shape mostly sand and very little grass. It would have been nice if office advised me of this and I would have played back nine
The other 8 holes were in good shape.

Disappointed

On a busy, slow play day, we played behind a "fivesome". Yes.... five playing together and slowing us all down. We called the clubhouse to report it and was told the they knew about it and there was nothing they could do. Unfortunate!

Commented on 07/30/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. Thank you for playing Saddle Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Rain, but still had a blast!

Always liked this course. It is in much better condition that it was last year. The fairways were in great shape. There were a few rough spots on some greens, but smart pin placement made them not much of an issue. The beer-cart girl was out today which was nice. Rain came in and we missed the 18th hole, but still had a wonderful round, and the GolfNow discounts will keep us coming back. Oh! My wife wanted me to mention that a restroom, or even a porta-potty somewhere on the back nine is desperately needed.

Great Public Course!

Excellent course! Greens are recovered from issues they had last year. They are doing a really good job of cutting and trimming around water and wooded areas Their are a couple of trees I would like to cut down, but that is part of the character of the course..

One of my favorites

I enjoy this course and think it's a pretty good value for the money. The front nine is fun and challenging, the back nine just a little more basic and simple but there are a couple of challenging and fun holes.

Greens Need Work!

At first glance, I thought we were getting a good deal for a day of golf. However, once started, it became clear that this is a course that needs significant upgrades. The greens are not in good condition and the first green.... horrible, and that is the best I can say. The fairways are starting to show weed growth and you can tell that this course needs something other than what it is getting.

Commented on 06/18/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Saddle Creek Golf Club. We greatly value your feedback and will continue to make the necessary improvements to your overall experience with us. We hope that you would give us another chance to improve upon the course and hope that you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Great place to play

The course is coming in nicely. A few of the greens are still in the process of recovering from a problem last season. The staff in the clubhouse and bar are extremely accommodating and friendly, genuinely glad you are there.

The course has improved a lot since last Fall, but they have a long way to go. Greens still need to improve.

Commented on 05/07/2019

Hello, Mark. Thank you for the compliment on our improvements and taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Saddle Creek another try in the near future.

Good pace, with a fun, semi-challenging layout. Great course overall!

Good price, nice course

This is one of our favorite courses to drive to play, just over a hour from Nashville. The staff is always very friendly. The grill/restaurant was not open again, which has been almost every time we play an early round. This is the 1st time we did not receive free range balls with our round, we have every other time we play this course. The 1st hole was still a temporary green, about 100 yards from the original green. Some of the greens still have some sand on them but for the most part the greens rolled well. The tee boxes & fairways were in nice shape for this time of year. Will be back more times this year.

Lewisburg, Tennessee
Fayetteville, Tennessee
Pulaski, Tennessee
Rockvale, Tennessee

Valid dates: May 10, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.