Lambert Acres Golf Club

Year Built 1965
Architect Ray Franklin (1965)

Dress code Shirts must be worn at all times. No tank tops or halters.

Excellent layout

A joyable course...27 holes is a real plus...very good course for all skill levels...

East Tennessee’s Hidden Gem

Lambert Acres is a true gem. The greens are always phenomenal, the course is challenging and the staff is friendly. Beer is reasonably priced considering it is course beer and the food is plenty to get you through a round.

The improvement this course has seen over the last few years is truly remarkable. I would consider this my home course despite the drive from Knoxville. As I said, the greens are absolutely incredible and play fast. The Smoky Mountains are on full display on Red, White and Orange. The beauty of the mountains creates a perfect atmosphere for a round of golf. If you are just getting into golf, this is a great place to start. If you are a low handicapper, you are still going to find shots that challenge your game.

Additional comments/areas to improve: Since Pine Lakes closed, a lot of their volume has shifted to Lambert. This isn’t a bad thing, but don’t expect to show up and breeze through a round at “prime time.” Even with 27 holes, it can get jammed. That’s what happens when a course is as good as Lambert! An area I would like to see improvement is with the carts and the cart paths. The paths could use a good smoothing over in many places and many of the carts are getting worn out.

All in all, Lambert Acres is a 5* experience that doesn’t break the bank.

Lambert Acres

I have played Lambert multiple times and it is always fun to play. They have 27 holes with three separate nines. The orange nine is the hardest- it has lots of bunkers and more slope to the greens.

I had a great round of golf

The tees, fairways and greens were in great condition.!

Very Nice Layout

I have read reviews where staff wasn't friendly, but they were good to me. I liked the layout a lot Red/Orange. Greens in excellent shape. I look forward to coming back.soon.

INCREDIBLY RUDE STAFF

Two of the staff really went out of their way to make me feel unwelcome. After driving for over an hour and not being sure where to park ... I literally apologized for driving the wrong way and stopped to ask the two staff standing out front. I quote.....I said excuse me I'm sorry this is my first time here at your course and apparently this is not the road to the parking lot.......they both spoke to me like I was committing a crime!!!!. When I again apologized and explained again it was my first time there the one RUDE ATTENDANT said ..." and hopefully your last ".......incredible!!!! After an hour drive!!! To be fair to the other staff inside the clubhouse they were polite and friendly.

Course was in great shape despite drought conditions and heat in September. Great value. Good staff. Straight forward medium to short lengths. Great for average golfers and seniors.

It was busy today, but the weather was awesome and the pace wasn’t bad. Would definitely recommend and will be back soon.

Poor management of golf traffic

Upon checking in at the office, Lambert Acres says they don't assign tee-times......even though you choose a tee-time on their own website when making a reservation....
Then you're faced with a 20-minute wait at the first tee even though no one else is teeing off on either of the other two 9-hole courses. Unbelieveably poor scheduling and management the flow of players. The course staff themselves were the cause of the excessive backups on need each hole. Disappointing.

Labor Day Pain

We booked a tee time at 9 on Labor Day only to find out they don’t do tee times which was weird because we booked one. We stroll up and there are 15 carts waiting to tee off. There was no one on the turn so we asked if we could start on the other 9. There are only 2 of us and we play really fast. The answer was no. We asked why and they were extremely rude about it. Saying that the players behind us at the turn would get mad. So we waiting for the players, asked them and they said they didn’t mind. They still refused to let us play. So we got a refund and went to Wild Laurel. Crappy service and rude workers. DO NOT RECOMMEND

12 people in front of us waiting

Had a 10:32 tee time today with my wife. The one weekend we have together without the kids. Place was packed. That’s fine. Had to wait a few minutes for a cart to become available. We are told to play the Orange. Great I thought! I pull up to the tee box and there is literally 12 people in front of us waiting to Tee off. This had nothing to do with being busy. They overbooked tee times and are obviously just trying to take in as much money as possible without caring about the golfer experience. I have played here a few times before never with any problems. If you are going to schedule Tee times, HONOR THEM!!! Drove 45 minutes to this place. Had to get a refund on my golf and beer. Literally ruined my day.

Staff

The pro shop guy was rude to us because we booked our round with golfnow. He mentioned that we were going to play for free. He then complained that we were 45 minutes early, I explained to him that we were a few minutes early so they could pair us with someone else to make play easier for them but he didn’t want to hear what I had to say. This was the second time this has happened to us.

This is a really nice Course but I wish when...

Nice Course that we played along time ago, it is just under a 2 hour drive for us. We got there a little early and they let us go right out but unfortunately they had Kids tournament of some sort and they were walking so once we caught up to them it was real slow. Because it was 90 and very humid we ended up quitting. I wish when Courses have a Tournament they would block out the Golf now tee times !
The only criticism of the conditions was there were a lot of ball marks not getting repaired.

This course is well maintained and the people who work there are always kind and accommodating , would recommend this course to everyone, a little short but very challenging with the fast greens!!

Townsend, Tennessee
Maryville, Tennessee
Rockford, Tennessee
Seymour, Tennessee

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.