Type Public/Municipal
The Links at Galloway
Scorecard for Galloway
Black M: 68.7/117 494 166 416 342 179 393 163 415 473 3041 148 374 342 314 390 477 163 364 400 2972 6013
Blue M: 63.9/103 W: 64.9/105 443 122 369 277 109 325 109 354 424 2532 91 312 285 262 332 425 84 294 321 2406 4938
Gold M: 63.1/99 W: 64.1/101 395 101 317 263 92 293 83 304 404 2252 79 283 268 238 293 387 73 272 308 2201 4453

Year Built 1926
Architect Kevin Tucker (2002)

Walking Allowed Yes, except on weekends
Dress code Collared shirts required; no tank tops or cutoffs.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Tennessee (2017 #8)

9-Hole Rounds 2
Entertaining Clients 2
On a College Campus 1

Fun Course

Not a long course but it’s got some challenges. Fun to play. Fairways and greens were in good shape, but were very dry. Several greens didn’t hold approach shots. Well worth the golf now deal.
Course Conditions Average

Comfort with God

As the red tailed hawk graced my putting warm up, I wondered, God is that you? The starters had funny jokes which I needed to increase my positivity going off the first tee which has water!!!, but it's a par 5 with a supple fairway which can be eagled or birdied to start which feels great ( my partner started his round with a bird ). Something about this magical realm in the heart of Memphis (east Memphis is the real Memphis for all the 38111 skinny jean wearers out there lol) makes me realize how much God loves that area and the children and adults lucky enough to play there. Also they have a huge ginkgo tree, and a huge grafted tree that none ever notice but both make my life warm. I just want to say thank you to everyone who has ever gave love there( all staff), the mayor, the police force for keepin it safe, and anyone who has prayed for the amazing value it has brought into our lives. Thanks be to God.
Off-course amenities Excellent
Course Layout Excellent

Galloway is a great golf experience

I never rate a 5 unless I am at a TPC course. This was a strong 4 in every way. You wont regret playing here.
Pace of Play Good
Course Layout Excellent

Very well taken care of.... the clubhouse/surrounding area almost makes it feel like a country club Very walkable as well which is good. There are some holes that are kind of boring but there are some very surprisingly unique ones as well.
Off-course amenities Excellent
Course Layout Average

Very nice municipal course

The course has a nice layout with some challenging placement of hazards. Fairways in good shape for the time of year. The greens were very fast but pin placements were “make able” with some effort. Enjoyed the experience.
Pace of Play Good

Best public course in Memphis

This course is a jewel. Affordable, convenient and pretty. The only complaint I have is they often wait too long in the spring to withdraw the cart path only stipulation. But I’m lazy.

Very Disappointed

Have played this course many times over the past few years but today will definitely be the last time. My friends and I had a tee time set for 7:10 this morning. Showed up early, went in to the pro shop to pay, and were told that they wouldn’t be allowing anyone to go out and play until 8:00-8:30 because of frost on the greens. It wasn’t a nice conversation either. The man in the pro shop running things was a huge jerk. There’s better words to describe it but I’m sure Golf Advisor wouldn’t allow my review with them. Anyway, we waited until 8:00 and were then charged for our round. Full price mind you, even after waiting for all that extra time. There was no courtesy call, there was no notification when we set the tee time that our tee time might get pushed up due to course conditions. We woke up and made it to the course. We held up our end. But the course staff really messed up with their handling of this whole ordeal.
Staff Friendliness Poor
Off-course amenities Average
Course Conditions Fair
Value for the Money Poor
Course Layout Average

easy rez

easy and quick reservations but I forgot to check on Sr. discounts. They have them and would have been 10.00 cheaper but for the convenience at the time it was very good. I enjoy playing this course.

Galloway Course

I love to play this course. This particular Friday was pretty cold, but there was NO wind !!!!!, and very few players. However, the crew did an excellent job of getting the leaves off the fairways and it was really fun.

Nice muni

One of the better muni courses I have played, tight but with some fun holes, especially the par threes. Wish that some of the Memphis area muni's had a driving range, but I suppose space was at a premium.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019