Mirimichi Golf Course

3.9820000000 4.0 stars from 5 (63)

• 6195 Woodstock Cuba Rd, Millington, Tennessee 38053, Shelby County

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: Yes
Indoor practice facilities: Yes
Simulator: Yes

Dress code: Proper attire is required for all players. Tee shirts, tank tops, halter tops, blue jeans, cutoffs, sweat pants, tennis or other athletic shorts, and bathing suits are not permitted. For men, shirts with collars and sleeves, slacks, and golf shorts.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Black Rock 72 7479 yards 76.8 138
Blue Sky 72 7019 yards 74.5 136
Gold Sun 72 6447 yards 71.7 131
White Sand (W) 72 5690 yards 73.3 130
White Sand 72 5690 yards 68.3 124
Red Clay 72 5072 yards 65.4 118
Red Clay (W) 72 5072 yards 69.9 125

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for a weekend splurge a bucket list/top 100 pick locals   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views

"Poor conditions"

gregory32's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2018

We drove from New Albany, Ohio (suburb of Columbus) expressly to play some early season golf. The conditions were very disappointing. The fairways were very thin at best and bare at worst. The greens were in good shape. As we checked in they asked if we had played Mirimichi before and we said no. They said "you're in for a treat". Did they really think the conditions would make this a treat? The layout is nice, but the conditions were almost unplayable. We had to move our ball all around to find a few sprigs of grass to hit from. We have a dozen public courses within 30 minutes of our home in Columbus with far superior conditions - for much cheaper.

Response from Mirimichi on 05/02/2018:

We would like to apologize that you did not enjoy your round with us. We hope the next time you play here you will have a much better experience.

"Bad course conditions"

ksd1227's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

A truly great layout but the conditions were pretty bad -- greens were good...but fairways were dead and hard-pan --- dust kicks up when the ball hits; couldn't get a good lie anywhere in a fairway and we played on 4/21 and it cost $85. Wait for rain and a lot of greening up before spending that kind of $ to play here.

Response from Mirimichi on 04/25/2018:

We are truly sorry you did not enjoy the course conditions here at Mirimichi.

"Challenging Layout"

melanderson's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

We played at the start of the season, so not everything was quite grown in yet. Nevertheless, this was a fun but challenging layout. The creeks, pot bunkers, and trees will force you to contemplate each shot a little more than usual. I would love to play again when in season!

Response from Mirimichi on 04/03/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review of Mirimichi Golf Club. Please come back and visit us soon.

"Biggest Disapointment"

Bgerlach's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

Played Mirimichi when it first opened, about a year after. Was in great shape and maintained to a “T”. Things have drastically changed, at this point I would compare it to an average (at best) municipal course. Seriously, they are still charging people 70 dollars for a round of golf. It is truly sad how poor of shape the golf course is in. Hopefully they figure it out, but until then don’t pay more than 30 dollars to play the course.

Response from Mirimichi on 04/03/2018:

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy your round with us here at Mirimichi. It is our goal to ensure all of our guests have the best possible experience.

John9462548's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2018

Response from Mirimichi on 03/30/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review of Mirimichi. Please come back and visit us soon.

"Mirimichi"

RobertCMoore86's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/29/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

Front nine is good, back nine is excellent. Greens were in nice shape for the late fall, there were a lot of leaves on the fairways but the layout was great. Enjoyed talking to Jack the starter and hearing his story, WWII vet still getting at it in his 90s. Excited to play in the spring.

"Great course"

Beebs4201's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2017

First round was at Mirimichi golf course in Millington, TN. It is just outside of Memphis. Many people know this course because Justin Timberlake bought it a while back and put like $20 million dollars into the renovation. He sold it a few years ago. The course is fantastic. Regular rate is $73 or $63 twilight. The course conditions were great. Tee to green was well maintained Bermuda/zoysia mix with tons of wildlife areas and water hazards. The greens were really really good. Very fast and smooth as silk. Maybe my favorite greens that I have ever putted on. Course layout is fun and challenging. The front nine is pretty straight forward with mostly straight, well bunkered holes and a few lakes. The back nine is much more adventurous with more elevation changes. This is my second time playing and if I am ever near the area I will definitely stop again.

"Scenic/great layout"

coblewhitaker's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/20/2017

Has everything you want out of a nice golf course. Looks worthy of hosting a tournament almost if the conditions were touched up just a little. Really cool patio area to cool off and get food/drinks at the turn too

"Fantastic back nine"

BrandonWebb's avatar
Birmingham Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

I was eager to play Mirimichi, since it garnered "best public course in Tennessee" by Golf Magazine. Honestly I was left a bit disappointed by the outward nine holes. Not that they were bad, I just had great expectations. You are eased into the round by a short, straightforward par-4 opener, a gentle par 5 and a wedge par 3. The front side plays parkland style, back and forth, lending to mostly straight holes that had me wondering why the high marks were awarded. I soon had my answer after making the turn. Character started to appear in the holes. The 10th is a short par-4 that requires a precise approach to a green with an 83-yard depth, bordered by a creek in front and right. No. 11 is a beautiful short par 3 with a stone retaining wall and water in front. Eleven is one of the best-designed par 5s I can remember playing. A creek runs down the entire right side of the landing area and a bunker guards the left side. The narrow landing area allows for a variety of club choices to a narrow fairway. The second shot must be fit between a large oak on the right and a cluster of small bunkers to the left. If you navigate all of that, a wedge to an elevated green awaits. The short par-4 14th is another excellent design. A large, deep fairway bunker extends into the fairway about 215 yards out from the gold tee (~6,500 yards). A creek runs down the right, requiring another well-thought out tee shot. I hit a 7-iron to stay short of the trap, while my partner hit driver over the bunker and in front of the green. That makes for a good hole, in my opinion. The collection of par 3s were memorable, even if a bit short (hit three PWs and a 9-iron). The front nine is in a flat part of the property, but is marked by rolling fairways and pockets around the greens that are closely mown. The back nine provides more elevation change. The Bermuda greens were good and quick, with a bit of grain. I really liked the practice area. The driving range is wide and flat with an abundance of targets. An expansive putting green and chipping area is also available. One of my favorite things about Mirimichi is its unique halfway house. It is a large party deck, complete with outdoor bar and fireplace and sits between the ninth and 18th greens. Lights are strung from the large trees surrounding it, making it an awesome place to loiter late in the day after a round.

Bottom line: Not sure if it's Tennessee's best public course. I would have liked for the two nines to have complemented each other, but the back nine was as solid as they come with more memorable holes.

"Well maintained, reverb during this weather."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/03/2016

Greens were great, leaves removed, fairways nice.

Clubhouse staff were very nice.

"SkiNautique"

2014GMC's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/02/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Simply put.....a Treat! I've played this course a few time before and look forward to playing again.

"One of the best..."

sirtahlor's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2016

One of the best public courses in Memphis!

"Worth the drive"

MikeinMemphis's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/02/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

My first time to play this course since it was Big Creek before Justin Timberlake purchased the course and made all the changes. While the layout is still what Big Creek was it's an entirely different golf course. There are planty of new mounds and sand traps and water hazards. The greens are excellent and the fairways were groomed and the ball would set up. The rough would good enough to penalize you. All in all a very enjoyable day.

"Great course, but went away hungry"

okawbow's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2016

Maybe the best course I ever played. Very challenging, but fair. Greens were perfect and very fast. Fairways are zosoyia and created a perfect lie every time. I'm a 13 handicap and shot a 84 off the gold tees, for a net 71. Right on my handicap.

The price for seniors over 55 was very good. $35. That included cart and practice balls at the range and chipping green. Very nice setup!

However; when. I finished and went to the clubhouse for a drink and sandwich, I was ignored for 10 minutes by several staff. I finally picked up my money and left to get a sandwich elsewhere.

I highly recommend the golf course, but next time, I'll bring my own food.

"Mirimichi is a class act!"

ribeyeman's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

First timer at Mirimichi, it was everything I expected from the rave reviews on GOLFNOW. Tough course for a low score, but that's what keeps us golfers honest. Plenty of trouble to get into if you're not on your A game. Some narrow fairways, but pretty open for the most part. Fairways were a little bit on the hard side, but I adjusted by taking a little less club as you will always get a good roll. Hard to get close to these pins, green are very fast and undulated. 1 putts are almost non existent. Extremely friendly staff, very helpful. Complimentary range balls, and GPS on carts is a major plus. Some fairways can be link style, not many even lies. Had a great time, and most definitely will be looking forward to playing here again. Thanks to all of the staff for making this course a great experience.

"One of the best values anywhere"

1rcarstens's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2016

Great experience. Wonderful course. Great value.

"Great experience!"

Jon6010396's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/11/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

My son and I drove from Nashville to Memphis just to play golf at Mirimichi, and we were not disappointed. It was our last father/son golf outing before he heads off to college, and since we had played the course in late fall before, we wanted to experience it in the summer months. The course was beautiful, even with the extreme heat we've been experiences this year. Kudos to the grounds crew! The greens were fast but fair. I can't wait to make the trip again. It was a great experience all around!

"Beautiful course"

tjndaisy's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

A very nice course great condition quiet

"One word.....PROFESSIONAL!!!!!"

Justin8404982's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2016

From the bag drop to the cart return and everything in between..... Exceptional!!!! Gotta get back soon!

"Great course and value"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/14/2016

Mirimichi had a great practice facility and nice new carts with gps. The course was in great shape and multiple tee boxes to accommodate all skill levels. It was in a great natural setting mostly free of homes etc. it is a must play at the hot deal rate from golf now.