A view of a well protected hole at Gaylord Springs Golf Links.

Type Resort/Public
Style Links

The Cumberland River gave birth to the Scottish links-style Gaylord Springs Golf Links, a par-72 golf course that provides 18 testing holes that border limestone bluffs and wetlands protected by the feds. The golf course, designed by the former U.S. Open and PGA Champion Larry Nelson, has collected several distinctions over its days.

The big draw on the Gaylord Springs Golf Links is the signature fourth hole, home to the hundred-plus-year-old springhouse that gives the golf course its name.

After a round on the Gaylord Springs Golf Links, head back to the 43,000-square-foot antebellum-style clubhouse to shop, dine, and take in the views of the golf course.

Gaylord Springs Golf Links

Year Built 1991
Fairways Zoysia Grass
Greens MiniVerde Bermuda Grass
Architect Larry Nelson (1991) Jeff Brauer (1991)

Golf Simulator Yes

Very nice

Played the back 9 twice. Front nine under repair!
Can’t wait to go back and play it all!
Super fast greens!

Great condition for the weather we’ve had

Course was in best shape I’ve seen for this time of year and all the rain we’ve had. Greens were extremely fast and very smooth even with sand on them. My only complaint is the front 9 was shut down and under construction, but there was no mention of that. Played the back 9 twice. Probably why the price is lower now. But overall I still felt like it was a great value for the money.

Wet but playable

Course was very wet due to tons of rain. Course drained pretty well. Front side closed for what I think will be another 30 days at least. This is overall one of the best courses in the Nashville area. Play if possible when you are in the area. Call an ensure the course has all 18 holes open.

Could only play the back 9

The course was under repair and we could only play the back 9 holes. We still had fun and the starter was very nice.

Only one side

I was not informed that there would only be the back 9 to play (which is the least fun side to play). I could have played a full 18 holes at a different course for half the price. I was extremely disappoint with the course today for the price I paid. Golfnow did a horrible job with informing me about the condition of the course.

Front Nine Under Construction til Mid March

The front nine is under construction until mid March. Then they will be fixing up the back nine one hole at a time. Course should be better than ever by mid April. As it was today, the greens are the best around and a lot of fun to play. I like the back nine better than the front and it’s more challenging. The river was very high so it might take on more water but even with being very wet the dormant grass was doing well. My main criticism of this course is the layout. It’s a pseudo links course so I understand the 9 out 9 in philosophy but it really is back and forth in the same direction. With the river being there every hole plays into the wind or down wind. The only exception is #13. There are some good holes but it does make a few seem like mirrors of other holes. 1 and 10. 2 and 11. 3 and 4. Great greens, fun and challenging course that should be in great condition by end of spring.

A Must Play

Everything absolutely spectacular again, path only due to wet weather, but that didn’t matter.

Best greens in middle tennessee

Great layout, in great shape. Without a doubt the best rolling greens I’ve played in the area.

Front 9 was closed but beautiful course

We played in March and the front was closed. The back was in phenomenal condition and despite the amount of shots we hit into the river and lakes we had a great time!

4.5 out of 5

It’s end of December and course was in good shape for time of season. Bunkers raked well, tee boxes/ greens/fairways all in good shape for time of yr. This course isn’t for a beginner unless you go when slow time of the yr. I would recommend this course

Gaylord Springs always provides a challenge even for low handicap golfers. The course is in great shape, the greens are fast and true. Good shots are rewarded and bad ones penalized. For $80 this is as good as most country club courses!

Not worth the price tag

This was my 4th or 5th time playing Gaylord - and the course has generally been in good shape previously.

However - this was my first time playing during the winter and this experience will likely be enough to keep me from returning.

I understand winter golf is a blessing - and conditions can be rough this late in the year, but Gaylord charging almost the full rate for a tee time, to hit off of questionable fairways at best - only to have the ball rocket off the spray-paint covered greens (which were rolling about an 18) was not a fun experience.

It was not shocking that we were one of only about 10 groups on property.

Again - understand conditions can be rough but adjust your rates accordingly. $84 for a round and range balls is preposterous with the course in that shape.

Gaylord Sorings

Excellent layout. The greens were smooth, true and fast. Course was in great fall shape. I have played this course many times and it always plays great and is in great shape.

Reviews said good greens, so I had to see for myself

I was in Nashville for the weekend and wanted to golf before I flew home. I did some research in the are and the reviews about the greens are what brought me to the course. These greens are amazing better than some country clubs in California for sure, true and super quick. I mean super quick downhill and decent uphill. Fast, firm but held well. If you want to play a course that has challenging greens, then you need to visit this place. The layout isn't too hard, even from the tips. The difficulty lies in the green speeds. They have some moguls that remind me of a Pete DYE course. If I ever go back to visit Nashville, this will be on my list.

I read the reviews and the greens were very fast. They were in great shape and the course was good it was windy that day would definitely play again

SMASHVille’s Finest

Starting with the staff, practice facilities, course, on-course staff, total experience is always fantastic!
James and Harry, Tim, Steve and the crew are the best!

Great Conditions

The fastest greens I have ever played. The layout is varied and interesting. It was cart path only and the group in front of us was extremely slow and there was no marshal to be found. Play it on a weekday.

Excellent condition

This was our first time playing this course, and conditions were excellent. Greens are challenging but roll true. We would play again.

Beautiful

Great course, beautiful scenery, green and fairway conditions were excellent

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Hendersonville, Tennessee

Valid dates: May 10, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.