Gaylord Springs Golf Links

4.8195882353 4.8 stars from 5 (22)

• 18 Springhouse Ln, Nashville, Tennessee 37214, Davidson County

Style: Links
Fairways: Zoysia grass

Indoor practice facilities: Yes
Simulator: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

The Cumberland River gave birth to the Scottish links-style Gaylord Springs Golf Links, a par-72 golf course that provides 18 testing holes that border limestone bluffs and wetlands protected by the feds. The golf course, designed by the former U.S. Open and PGA Champion Larry Nelson, has collected several distinctions over its days.

The big draw on the Gaylord Springs Golf Links is the signature fourth hole, home to the hundred-plus-year-old springhouse that gives the golf course its name.

After a round on the Gaylord Springs Golf Links, head back to the 43,000-square-foot antebellum-style clubhouse to shop, dine, and take in the views of the golf course.

Paul9331352's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2018

"A Must Play"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2018

Great experience once again, staff friendliness is exceptional. Course was in pretty good shape considering all the rain Nashville received for several days in a row. I will definitely be back, this time with my favorite foursome.

Commented on 02/21/2018

Thanks! We look forward to having you back.

"Shouldn’t have played after so much rain"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/23/2017

The course should have been closed for the day due to a lot water in the fairways and some greens were littered with worms. I would have left early if I hadn’t paid close to $40 for the round. With that said, the course should be in very good condition when it is dried.

"Mjbeard - Gaylord Springs Golf Links"

vraptor41's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/22/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

The entire facility, staff and golf course are first class. The ground associates use tarps to preserve the Mini Verde Bermuda greens during colder weather. The greens are fast.

"WOW"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/19/2017

Incredible as usual, 3rd time this yr. It’s an absolute must play, if it’s too much course for you, recommend Gaylord Springs to a golfer who enjoys a demanding round of golf. They will thank you. Enjoy your round, Down the middle, Below the pin and you’ll be good to go. Lol good luck with that:)

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/04/2017

"Black Friday golf"

Lgolfer70's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/24/2017

Played the day after thanksgiving and guy on counter was nice enough to move my tee time to a later time as there was frost on the fairway . Paired up with a guy from Illinois and was his second time playing this course. The course was really well kept esp. in this season of cold weather. Fairways had decent lies, greens were rolling really fast and quite hard to read. We were warned about this before play. Several green guarded by bunkers and several water hazards but nothing too hard. One par 4 reachable with a drive that made the game more interesting and challenging. Saw the cart lady one time. Water fountain by the bathroom not working so it was a good thing I brought my own. Overall had a great time, pace of play was perfect and will play again once I am in the area.

"A Gem"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/02/2017

The second you turn on to Springhouse Ln, you know your at a special place.

The course was fabulous, very smooth and fast greens, well maintained fairways and 5 sets of tees.

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Enjoy your round

"My favorite in Nashville"

Wazjd's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

I played 3 courses in the Nashville area during a hot weekend in September, and although each course was great, this one stood out more than the others. The price was the highest out of the courses I played, but this place is run as a first class golf experience. Great driving range/chipping area, two practice greens, attendants loading your clubs for you, plenty of marshals on the course to maintain pace of play, and a detailed GPS in the carts lets you know just how far each bunker or water hazard is from your location. Gives the exact distance to the pin, not just to the middle of the green. A few too many commercials on the screen between holes but not a big deal. Landing areas on some holes were tight and every green was fun but very challenging.

"Excellent track"

RedStakes's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/16/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

First time playing, came to Nashville with a group of 8 for a golf weekend and based on prior reviews, pegged it here. The course was wet after receiving several straight days of rain which resulted in cart path only - led to a pretty tough, tiring round but to no fault of the course. Excellent layout with par 5s with generous landing areas and true risk/reward 2nd shots. Reachable par 4s and the #1 and #2 handicap are truly difficult golf holes. Would absolutely recommend.

"Awesome golf course and friendly environment"

ronald1999's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2017
Used cart Perfect weather

It was a nice drive to the clubhouse as we could admire the nice view of the course along the way. The conditions were excellent and staff very friendly. The stater took time to explain the course and some spare time to talk about other subjects.

The reception at the proshop was very courteous and friendly. The course is a links style and every hole was different and had nice challenges. I will replay anytime

"Glad we found this place"

dahlryan's avatar
Chicago-Milwaukee Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2017

As we pulled in through the long driveway we knee we were about to play an awesome course. Gaylord springs did not disappoint. This course was top notch. Great atmosphere a visually intimidating course and some great greens that true. Only downside was 2 inches of rain the day before. Layout was great running along the river or the rock formations. Holes 5 and 6 are just amazing. Didnt play all the courses in Nashville but I cant imagine their are any better than this place. Great work Gaylord Springs.

"Solid Course, Service needs improving"

Rocco80's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

It was like an act of Congress to book a tee time with these folks if you're a solo golfer, good luck. I was able to walk in on Friday and was paired with 3 other singles, and it was a great round. Hats off to the Superintendent who had the course in super shape in spite of all of the rain, and the starter who got us paired and was super kind. Very challenging course, make sure you select the right tee box, par 4's play long. Critical of those booking a tee time and the girl working the snack bar, too busy stocking items instead of immediately waiting on us at the turn. Only suggestion since you're associated with Opryland and host conventions on a continual basis to allow singles to book an advance tee time, other than that, my compliments, a very nice course.

"Great Course, Great Staff"

Frank3576954's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2017
First time playing Used cart

Visiting Nashville, Gaylord Springs is a must play for good golfers or if you enjoy courses with fantastic practice facilities. The course layout is challenging, with somewhat narrow fairways and good length. Nashville had some recent downpours so fairways were soft (I image the same would be true for all area courses). The greens are in FANTASTIC shape and roll very true/quick.

Green fees include a small range bucket for warm-ups.

Practice facilities include a large chipping surface, large putting surface and driving range. Hitting off mats for next couple of weeks.

I've played here for two days and will return for a third. I could try for something different but Gaylord Springs has everything I desire.

"Bring your long clubs and your rangefinder"

Keith45's avatar
Tennessee Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2017
First time playing Walked Windy weather

Let me start by saying that the course itself is excellent. Very few trees except for the perimeter of the course, lots of rolling hills and mounds that make for interesting shots and reference points on what I believe is naturally a pretty flat piece of land. The fairways were in decent shape considering it's not even April yet, and the greens were immaculate. The "MiniVerde Bermuda grass greens" ran slow and almost seemed like putting on carpet. Very fair, but also challenging.

I faced a two-club wind that made the course seem a lot longer than the number on the card. The holes that go with the wind that I faced (which I'm told is the prevailing wind) are generally the shorter holes, so the "reachable" par 5s and long par 4s generally may not in fact be reachable. In my experience, the slope and rating would be fair for this course if there was no wind, but the wind makes this course much more difficult.

I opted to walk and was informed that you can only walk during the offseason (I was told my round was on the final day of the offseason, so I was good to go). However, I quickly noticed that there are essentially no yardage markers anywhere on the course. As someone who doesn't own a GPS and prefers to play without one (I feel it takes away from the mental challenge of the game a bit), I was disappointed that a course of this stature (and price) didn't have what seems like a simple and common feature of most courses nowadays. I got a cart for the back nine, which comes complete with GPS, and I no longer had to guess.

Overall, I enjoyed my experience and I'm sure I will be back. I really only subtracted for the lack of yardage markers and for the fact that it played a lot tougher than the scorecard with the winds; granted that it was very windy, but I believe that is not unusual at this course. I would've thought there was a chance for that to be "standard conditions" such that it actually impacted the slope and rating.

"Redemption"

Jurecki07's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2016

The last time I played here in 2015 I had a terrible time. The cart staff did not grab my bags, the pro shop treated me like a name on a piece of paper.

Today, that was not the case. Patrick immediately greeted me upon arrival, he was eager to help and completely set up my cart. Saving me a good 15 minutes.

When I walked inside Ron set me up with a super twilight rate. He answerd all me questions on how the course was playing. Ron informed me about the gold membership plan which I was very interested about. I'm glad he brought it up and handed me an application.

After the round. In was 8pm. Patrick once again handled all the loading and unloading clean and organizing my clubs while making friendly small talk.

These guys Patrick and Ron made my round the best in Nashville. Because of them I will be applying for the good program.

"Gaylord Springs delivers on a great golf experience"

rpruck's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

My wife and I were in Nashville for two days and picked this course for our place to play in Tennessee. It was a great pick as the course was in immaculate shape and the staff were all so very friendly.

It is not an easy course but very well maintained and the lay out is fantastic. Be straight or you are shooting over many of the hills bordering the fairways which makes it difficult getting to the green in regulation.

The greens were very true and consistent. Speeds were reasonable on them all. Tome the biggest challenge would be getting to the greens as any shot slightly off made you work hard with the wedge.

When in Nashville do not pass up the chance to play this gem.

"Urban links, top quality"

freshwaterbay's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes

Really enjoyed this testing, beautifully maintained course. Facilities and welcome were 1st class. Greens were in great condition and the variety of holes meant a challenging but well paced round, look forward to playing here again!

"Excellent Welcome"

Druliolle's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather

For just one night In Nashville, we fund this course and played at the end of the day. We had an excellent welcoming and the clubs we rent right and left were of excellent quality. The course was in an excellent state, the greens were perfect and the fairways like a carpet.

"Best kept secret in Nashville"

sigepmagicmike's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2014

Easily the best course in Nashville. The pass holder program is the best around.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent