The Tanglewood Golf Club

Year Built 1967
Golf Season Year round. High Season: May - October
Architect William F. Mitchell (1967)

Snacks, Restaurant, Beverage Carts

Locker Rooms

Available Activities

Swimming

Available Sports

Fitness

Disappointed

This is a really nice course and the staff is friendly. However there isn’t anyone monitoring the pace of play. There was a foursome playing ahead of us and it appeared they play golf once a year and have zero golf etiquette. They were taking no less than 20 mins per hole to the point several golfers behind us just skipped the hole and went ahead of them. Taking selfie’s and group pictures on the greens, hitting multiple mulligans and at point throwing the balls at each other. It took us 5:30 to play 18. Also beware of the 9’th tee box when coming from the 8’th. The cart path takes you blindly right in front of the blue tees. I really enjoy this course but I don’t think we’ll be back.

Commented on 10/16/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and staff to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Tanglewood Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Tanglewood was great

We got done in : hours considering we waited on the last 3 holes for play to clear. The greens were incredible, very fast. Fairways and rough was also better than when I played here before. Only had to move a ball a few times. Drainage was much improved. Only had to wait for a ground crew person edging a bunker on hole 10. HD was oblivious that we were waiting there. The bunker was unplayable anyway so i’m not sure why he was edging it. I would play here again.

A wonderful Saturday afternoon round

What a round, we weren’t rushed , the course was in great shape. Happy campers
A tiny fox napping on the 7th fairway, special afternoon

not as advertised

in my opinion, this course is highly overrated. The conditions today were horrible. I took countless pictures of fairway after fairway filled with mud rut holes and large sections of bare grass.

tee boxes were in terrible shape as well; and the greens clearly are not being rolled nor taken care of.

I was quoted one price when I made the reservation; and then charged a much higher price when I arrived. The staff was unfriendly bordering on belligerent.

of course let’s players tee off starting on the 10th hole there by slowing play for groups coming from the ninth green to the 10th tee.

bottom line, having played courses all over the Midwest and all over the world, avoid this course if you can. What it offers is nothing close to what it advertises. There are many top quality courses in Northeast Ohio that are far superior to this run down dog track.

Commented on 09/16/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Tanglewood Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Has great bones

This course has a fantastic layout and great bones. The greens are challenging and the undulations in the fairway sometimes make a flat lie a welcome occurrence. When this course is in good shape, its one of my favorites in NE Ohio.
As far as the shape goes, there are some problem spots with poor drainage or bare spots/patches in fairways. However, this couorse was dormant for a time and bringing things back up to snuff is not something that can be done overnight. It is obvious the management is making efforts to restory the course to its former glory, and that is appreciated
What I could not believe, however, is the shape of the greens. This isnt as much the course managements fault as it is of the players. Every hole I fixed 2 r more ball marks, even on holes where I hadnt made one myself. I know its been wet lately and the greens were very soft, but the way that some of the players treat this course is abominable. Its hard enough to bring a course back from the dead. Its doubly hard when the customers dont have any respect for it.
TL;DR excellent layout, challenging, interesting greens, on its way back, just a shame some of the folks out there dont know much about etiquette

Commented on 09/18/2020

This course has been back up and running for more than 10 years since it was purchased back by the community- it not being used for 2 years more than a decade ago is not an excuse for the bad conditions year after year

Stop with the fivesomes!

for a 2some it took 5 hours to play because they were letting out fivesomes that wouldn't let anyone pass and when the ranger showed up he said he talked to them but they were old guys and didn't care and then we ran into 4 guys taking practice shots on the back 9 in one of the green side bunkers like they had the course to themselves. Besides the pace of play, the course was in great condition.

If only they could patch this course up

Played this course multiple times. No matter when I have played it, they are always squishy spots in the fairways or major damage to the fairways. The holes #10, 14, 16, and 17 jump to the forefront. Also disappointed today to see that multiple greens that had dead spots painted/filled with green "stuff".

This is a very challenging course from the Blue tees. It could be fantastic if they could repair the problem areas. No matter how I play, my impression is that they need to fix the problem holes.

Commented on 08/20/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is very important to us. Please know that the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Tanglewood

Tanglewood course is exceptional. Most fairways are very generous and every green rolls true. Each hole layout is unique. Playing from the tips is very challenging. You will truly enjoy yourself.

Disappointed

This is my first time playing this course since it went public a couple years ago, and I was very disappointed. The course itself was shaggy: many of the tees were rough, standing water and marshy, muddy fairways, some greens were diseased and bare. There was trash all around the course. No starter, and only one marshal sitting under a tree on 8 , just playing games on his phone. Other golfers driving carts all around the greens and tees, even digging ruts just 5-7 feet off the green. Very disappointed this once top-rated course has fallen so badly.

Commented on 08/11/2020

Hi, Mark! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Pace is important

I thought this was a solid course. Not overly difficult at all. Well maintained. But this was 100% the worst pace of play I've ever seen. And it wasnt the result of one group playing slow. It is inexcusable when there were multiple times we pulled up to a tee box with TWO groups in front of us waiting to tee off. That's just poor course management on the part of the starter and trying to squeeze too many groups on the course to make more money. Great short term strategy. Terrible long term strategy. I wont be back.

Commented on 08/27/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing Tanglewood Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Terrible....

Terrible course will never play here again. Slow play and the ranger just sits there. Aren't they supposed to speed up the play? We tee'd off at 10:51am it's now 3:43pm and we still have 2 holes to go.

Commented on 08/11/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve and use your comments as guidance in doing so. Thank you for playing Tanglewood Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Good Course

Course in good shape, played well, and pace was good.

Solon, Ohio