The Tanglewood Golf Club
Scorecard for The Tanglewood Club
Black M: 75.0/138 417 532 174 519 397 441 238 423 420 3561 520 323 358 219 423 521 184 457 463 3468 7029
Blue M: 71.7/130 400 486 164 493 388 393 190 395 384 3293 471 288 339 176 380 476 142 394 354 3020 6313
White M: 68.0/121 343 456 137 428 355 346 173 361 324 2923 427 244 278 158 335 405 115 335 334 2631 5554
Red W: 70.9/123 343 399 130 411 309 343 163 361 324 2783 423 241 276 154 331 402 110 331 269 2537 5320

Year Built 1967
Golf Season Year round. High Season: May - October
Architect William F. Mitchell (1967)

Good round, room for improvements

Played my annual round at Tanglewood. Enjoyable as always. For the amount of rain there has been, course was in generally good condition all considering.

Several bunkers are being fixed for drainage issues on the back 9 which is great to see the investment being made into the course.

I only have a couple of improvements to note which could make this a really great track:
1.) The range. Sub par is the best way to say it. A plus though...there is a range (although you can't hit driver on it).
2.) Lack of yardage information. I really really wish for one of the following: 1.) yardage markers on the sprinklerheads. 2.) Yardage information on the scorecard 3.) more pronounced yardage poles (only markers right now are faded Blue/White/Red stripes on the cart path). If you don't have a GPS scope with you, you are guessing all day long.
3.) Hole diagrams. Put them somewhere....scorecard, hole marker, etc. Just put it somewhere. I HATE playing "blind" onto holes.
4.) Water on the course. There is none. How hard is it to put a few strategic coolers around the course?

Worst in ohio

This is hands down the worst course I’ve ever played. Course layout is so bad. The conditions are even worse. Rocks in the sand trap. Chunks missing out of the fairway. Greens slow as can be I actually left at the 13th hole because I couldn’t even stand to look at the place anymore. Go somewhere else.

Commented On 05/21/2019

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your golf experience with us. The grounds have been very wet from a more than saturated spring in Ohio. We hope you give the course a second chance during the summer when the grounds will be in best condition. This spring has been very challenging in terms of the abundance of rain we have seen this year. We hope to turn your review into a 5 star review on your next round of golf. Thank you,

Tanglewood golf Club

Had a pleasant afternoon playing golf with my brother in law and a father and son, You can tell that at one time this was a top notch course.

Fantastic

The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. The course drainage and playability was amazing for the month of rain we just had. Will play a few more times this summer. Fair value. Greens are like glass even after 3 days of rain. Excited to see what it looks like mid summer. Absolutely recommend

Commented On 05/21/2019

Thank you for your feedback and review of the Course! We appreciate you taking time to give us your feedback. Thanks for golfing with us!

Commented On 05/10/2019

Thank you for your review! We appreciate it and look forward to having you back on the course soon!

Commented On 10/09/2018

Thank you for your review of the Tanglewood Club. We are pleased to hear you had a great experience with us! We look forward to having you back on the course again soon!

A+ Challenging Course

It may be off the tee or into the green but every hole presents a challenge. I played here twice this year and it has become my favorite. It was fun and interesting to navigate the fairways. Many of the holes work their way through a residential area. Little room for error and very fun!!! The greens are true and fair. There was good availability in the morning, and we completed in less than four hours. A good way to start the day. Highly recommend the course and good luck.

Commented On 10/09/2018

Happy to hear we have one of your favorite courses in the area! Thank you for your honest review and great feedback! We appreciate it and hope to have you back on the course again soon!

Tangoth

This is a great course to play with incredible features that make the round interesting. Such as the elevation and bunkers that very among the holes. By far my favorite course this golfing season. Hope to return once more before winter and the following spring. Will definitely recommend Tanglewood to a friend!!

Commented On 09/26/2018

Thank you John for your review of The Tanglewood Club. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your golf play with us! We look forward to having you back on the course soon!

Not great

Bad shape and for the greens fees they charge there are a lot of nicer courses out there. Sand traps were in good shape. Fairways were pretty bad

Commented On 08/31/2018

We are sorry to hear you did not feel the pricing did not match the condition of the course. We appreciate your feedback and are always listening to what our customers have to say to improve our course experience. We look forward to having you give us another chance to make your experience a 5 star experience! Thank you!

Simple upgrades

Tanglewood golf course is a great, Beautiful course that I would love to keep coming back to. However for their normal price for golf they are missing simple features that are standard for most golf courses. There is no course layout of the holes ANYWHERE, not on the tee boxes nor on the scorecard. This can be very problematic when you are not very familiar with the course and can’t see where exactly you are hitting due to the hills. Hope they make these changes to make golfing smoother.

Old CC that can't keep up.......

Staff was unfriendly, took 5+ hours to play a round, terrible course condition, I will never go back!

Commented On 08/31/2018

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us at The Tanglewood Club. We are always working toward improving customer service so thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We hope you give us another chance in the future to improve the quality of your experience.

Groundskeepers Changing the Flag While I was Putting!!!!

I have played this course several times in the past and always recommended it as I thought it was a cool layout but the past several times have been very terrible.

Today was unbelievable after hitting a 340 yard drive on the 17th hole and putting, 2 greenkeepers came onto the green and grabbed the flag that I had put on the ground next to the hole before putting and said nothing to me as to what they were doing they were changing the flag to a new position I putted thankfully made the Putt and moved on but it was an unbelievable experience prior to that I had been waiting 10 minutes while a Greenskeeper kept circling the green cutting the grass keeping me waiting, completely rude and unprofessional, also I have been behind a foursome of elderly men since the 3rd hole never did they consider that I should that I should play through, no Ranger to help, overall a terrible experience I told them in the clubhouse and they basically said nothing, one person said sorry I told them they needed to control their workers , I told them I was leaving after 9 even though I paid for 18.

I complained to GolfNow and they are crediting me with a refund thanks to GolfNow very pleased with their service but will not be going back to Tanglewood my time is worth more than this

Commented On 08/31/2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience and are always open to feedback to improve the experience on the course. We will share this information with the staff and the grounds keeping crew as well. Again, we are sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with us and hope you give us a chance again in the future.

Don't Bother

After many years of looking to play at Tanglewood I wish I would have passed.
I thought this was going to be a special place to be able to go play but was I dissapointed. We had some friends in town from PA and were hoping for a great course. What we got was a small basic Pro Shop. A golf course that was in bad shape. Dry, burnt out fairways throughout. Some greens looked like they had a badger dtrying to burrow through them, lots of damage from ball marks. The course also could do some players a favor and put some yardage markers out on the course, very few around and no consitency on where they were. The other issue is it appears that there must be a lot of locals/members that just drive about as singles jumping in front of you or behind you, double trying to pass foursomes, etc. For my money I will find other places to play,

Solid 9 holes

Played 9 holes Friday afternoon/evening with two buddies. Course was well kept and pace of play was pretty good. Overall it was a solid time on the course. Looking forward to playing the full 18 someday soon.

Everything went well. Course was in good shape, and we played in about 4.25 hours.

I payed 50 they paid 21

I booked in advance and paid $50.00 when we went to tee off 2 others joined us and they only paid $21.00 I loved the course but dont see the advantage of using golf now at all....

Conditions not improving

Condition of the course was a little disappointing. Greens were bumpy and Lots of large gougesin the fairways. Also disappointed by difficulty finding yard markers in many instances.

Very much enjoy the layout. But due to Course difficulty it will take at least four hours to complete a round even when the course is virtually empty.

Rough shape

It was a shame to see the course in such rough shape. Greens were really scuffed and marked up and the holes were cut poorly. Some fairways were patchy and areas of standing water from previous storms had not been marked off in any fashion. I might considering giving it another shot later in the summer after the weather has been better, but this time was not good at all.

Valid dates: Jun 21, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Sign up for a 2 or 3 Day Golf School and receive accommodations in a villa for the duration of your stay.
Keystone Resort Stay, Play and Save