Staff Friendliness

The Legacy Golf Course is one of Robertson County's must-play courses. Opened in 1996, it is not as old as some other courses in the area but the designer, Raymond Floyd, took advantage of the existing mature woodlands spread throughout the lush, rolling hills. At 6,755 yards, the course is seemingly short but it is narrow, and be prepared to face troublesome hazards almost everywhere. It is notorious for making balls from even the most slightly errant shots disappear. It is a tough but fair challenge. The golf course starts with a tricky par 5 with a bunker on the right followed by a par 4 that requires a 200-yard carry or you'll surely be faced with trouble. The back nine at Legacy G.C. is slightly less difficult but there are still plenty of hazards as well as several blind shots.
The Legacy Golf Course
Floyd 72 6776 yards 73.0 134
Orange 72 6450 yards 71.2 131
Tournament 72 6133 yards 69.8 128
Club 72 5618 yards 67.4 122
Forward (W) 72 4831 yards 68.2 118
Scorecard for Legacy
Floyd M: 73.0/134 522 406 189 364 436 153 498 404 405 3377 416 415 188 394 529 360 359 167 550 3378 6755
Orange M: 71.2/131 522 379 141 364 399 146 498 376 405 3230 416 357 171 394 529 360 359 145 509 3240 6470
Tournament M: 69.8/128 W: 71.7/123 482 359 141 341 399 146 457 376 381 3082 382 357 171 369 479 333 306 145 509 3051 6133
Club M: 67.4/122 W: 70.2/119 456 331 123 307 371 112 421 357 361 2839 349 321 130 348 438 316 279 130 468 2779 5618
Forward W: 67.1/113 415 241 96 284 332 99 387 310 274 2438 287 277 105 296 417 285 250 97 408 2422 4860

Year Built 1996
Architect Raymond Floyd

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Welcomed

Amazing Food 2

Fantastic

The Legacy is in Fantastic shape all around. The staff is always friendly, the food is good and the Golf is unmatched!! Will be back for more, coming from Nashville.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from The Legacy on 08/08/2018:
Thank you for the fantastic 5-star review! We're glad you enjoyed everything from our course staff to the food. We look forward to your next visit!

Legacy is in primo condition

Even with the dry weather, Legacy is in top condition. Fairways are well-grassed, greens are rolling well (tricky, as usual), and the rough is penal, but manageable. Only knock on the course are a few bunkers that are being renovated, but have been out of service for a long time. Clubhouse staff (Often Kevin, the pro) are friendly and helpful. This is deservedly one of the best courses in Middle TN.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from The Legacy on 08/03/2018:
Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review. We are honored you consider The Legacy one of the best courses in Middle TN! We hope to see you out there again soon.

Course was in great shape

The course was in excellent shape, especially when you compare it to the other courses around. Greens were in perfect condition. First time I've played here in a few years and will definitely be back.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from The Legacy on 08/01/2018:
Thank you for the excellent 5-star review! We are glad you made it back to The Legacy, and we hope to see you out there more often.

Always in good shape.

I always play this course 1-2 times a year. The greens are some of the best in middle Tennessee. They are rebuilding most all the sand traps and fairway bunkers. Fairways are good. You’ll enjoy.
Staff Friendliness Good
Pace of Play Good
Course Layout Excellent
Response from The Legacy on 07/30/2018:
We're glad you had a great round with us. We hope to see you out there more often from now on!
hrh

Very nice course

Play was quick,everyone extremely nice,course very good condition,played several times and always looking forward to playing again,great job staff,thanks.
Course Layout Good
Response from The Legacy on 07/30/2018:
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are glad you enjoyed everything from the pace of play to the course staff.

I wish it was closer so I could play it more

I think this course has really come into its own. It’s layout is super fun. There’s enough danger to make it a risk-reward play, but you can go low if you avoid the hazards. Some of the bunkers are currently GUR, but I avoided them so they didn’t come into play for me. I did intentionally aim at a couple of fairway bunkers knowing I could take a free drop. I won’t be able to do that next time. It’s obvious that those traps are currently being repaired. I would assume they will be completed very soon. The fairways are in good to great shape. The greens are definitely receptive and rolling probably at a 12 or so. I especially like their mixed tees. I don’t know why more courses don’t do this. I generally play the orange tees at 6500 yards. So half the time my tee will be the same as the back tees and the other half are with the white tees. My only grievance is that I live over 35 miles away so it takes too long to get there. Otherwise, I would be there a lot more.
Course Layout Good
Response from The Legacy on 07/23/2018:
Thank you for the great feedback! We are glad you made the drive safely to us and hope to see you out here more this season.

Course in great shape

Amazing how new owners have turned this course around- despite being short of staff in 19th hole, staff made our round enjoyable- hopefully I will find a course like this when I move to Charlotte next week- only downer today is that it took 5 3/4 hrs to play a round (too slow in the summer heat)
Pace of Play Average
Value for the Money Good
Course Layout Good
Response from The Legacy on 07/20/2018:
We're glad you had a great time with us out on the golf course!
Staff Friendliness Good
Course Layout Good
Response from The Legacy on 07/13/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star rating! Come play again soon.
Course is in great shape. Staff is awesome. Gotta love Kevin and Christian
Course Layout Excellent
Response from The Legacy on 07/09/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review and rating! We are glad you enjoyed the quality of our course staff.

Good time!

Rolled the dice on thunderstorms and won....great layout, good condition (although the bunkers need to be reconditioned), fun round. Worth the drive! Fore!
Pace of Play Good
Value for the Money Good
Course Layout Excellent
Response from The Legacy on 07/09/2018:
Thank you for the great review! We are glad you found value in the course and we hope you join us again soon.

Valid dates: Sep 03, 2018 - Oct 21, 2018
Book this Stay and Play package to enjoy your stay at the Stowe Mountain Lodge which includes 1 round at the exclusive Mountain Course at Spruce Peak (Formerly known as the Stowe Mountain Course) and unlimited rounds at the Stowe Country Club!
Springfield, Tennessee