The Legacy Golf Course is one of Robertson County's must-play courses. Opened in 1996, it is not as old as some other courses in the area but the designer, Raymond Floyd, took advantage of the existing mature woodlands spread throughout the lush, rolling hills. At 6,755 yards, the course is seemingly short but it is narrow, and be prepared to face troublesome hazards almost everywhere. It is notorious for making balls from even the most slightly errant shots disappear. It is a tough but fair challenge. The golf course starts with a tricky par 5 with a bunker on the right followed by a par 4 that requires a 200-yard carry or you'll surely be faced with trouble. The back nine at Legacy G.C. is slightly less difficult but there are still plenty of hazards as well as several blind shots.

The Legacy Golf Course

Year Built 1996
Architect Raymond Floyd (1996)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Welcomed

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse

Commented on 10/20/2020

Thank you for visiting us at The Legacy. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 10/20/2020

Hi Cory8715696. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Legacy.

Commented on 10/08/2020

u005012136, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (615) 384-4653. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

The Legacy - solid value for an excellent course

2nd time playing the legacy.
Love the course. Good value. Friendly staff. Excellent variety of tees for various levels.
Only issue i have is no access to grass range for warming up - mats only both times i have played.

Commented on 10/04/2020

Your feedback is important to us, RG1FEFB18382AC28EBC. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing The Legacy.

Challenging yet fun

Off the bat this is the first course I've played in the covid era that allowed me to either play in a group or just play by myself (I had the day off so went out on my own). I liked that to say the least since I was a able to finish 18 holes in 3.5hrs.

I have two knocks on the course but only one is an actual gripe. First, the greens are hard... Like really difficult on some holes. Fast, hilly, and next to zero straight line puts. This is not my true gripe haha I just would have liked to sink more putts but I digress. My second knock and actual gripe was how God awfully slow the carts were and that they had zero traction when trying to stop. When that's the worst part of your day though you're basically trying to find something bad to say.

Thing to note, the orange tees are combo tees between whites and blues so you'll be playing quite a bit from the tips if you choose them... I found that out the hard way.

There's only a few holes where driver doesn't make sense so if you like to grip and rip this place is for you... Just avoid the water and you'll be fine!

Commented on 10/04/2020

Bobmauro13, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Legacy.

Must play

35 minutes north of Nashville and tucked away as a hidden gem. I’ve been here several years and haven’t heard this course mentioned, but it’s absolutely my favorite in the Nashville area. Great course, greens in great shape, course in great shape, staff incredibly friendly and $50 with a cart to play 18 on the weekend!! Challenging course that is tough but fair, and rewards good shots. Make sure to get up here and play.

Commented on 09/23/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u314159683279. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Commented on 09/23/2020

Allaroundcabling, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (615) 384-4653. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Fun course

We found this course online and decided to play. Staff friendly, masks required (but not enforced. There were a couple of guys in the clubhouse not wearing masks and not being asked to even though the sign on the door said they were required). The driving range needs grass, but it was adequate. The course was a fun layout and in good shape. The greens are not flat, which makes the course harder if you are a first time player. Elevation changes, doglegs, bunkers, it all comes into play. We had a great time and would recommend playing here.

Commented on 09/23/2020

We are so happy you enjoyed your round, cemauer! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Really good, and really bad

Nice layout, picturesque, but this course is hard. And I don’t mean difficult necessarily. Most of the tee boxes are like concrete, same with several of the fairways. Greens were in good shape but a little slow and takes undulations to the extreme. Had several putts that I was looking for the clown’s mouth on.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us bdblough. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. The Legacy thanks you!

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hi jleigh77. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Legacy.

Commented on 09/14/2020

This course is in great shape

From tee box to greens course is in awesome shape. Cart paths are excellent. Nothing wrong with this course at all. It’s tough and challenging on every hole.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hi copleyt. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (615) 384-4653 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at The Legacy!

The Nashville Area’s Best Golf Value

Golfers in the Nashville area have a plethora of choices when it comes to playing golf and many of them opt to play at the Legacy in Springfield, TN. The Legacy was designed by PGA Hall of Famer Raymond Floyd and opened in 1996. Golf Advisor has ranked The Legacy the #2 Public Course in Tennessee and one round on the course will validate this rating. And according

From the back tees The Legacy plays 6,776-yards; 5 sets of tees provide suitable yardages so that any level of golfer will have a great time. The Legacy is a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary, and the course is committed to protecting the local environment and conserving natural resources. There’s no limit to the wildlife you could see as you make your way around.

Before your round, be sure to hit a few balls on The Legacy’s full-length driving range where you can hit every club in the bag. Stroke a few putts on the practice green and head to the first tee.

When building the course, Floyd took advantage of the existing mature woodlands that are spread throughout the lush, rolling hills, and offer tremendous views of the Tennessee countryside and the surrounding area. Although the length of the course won’t overwhelm most players the narrowness may so be prepared to encounter hazards in many forms. Remember I said this as you are reaching into your bag for another ball. Nevertheless, The Legacy is a fair and challenging golf course. Superintendent and General Manager Chet Frazier’s biggest challenge is battling the weather. He says the members are great and do their best to replace divots and repair ball marks. “That helps the greens roll as good as they do,” Frazier said.

The Legacy has several memorable holes, beginning with Number 2, a medium length par 4 that plays 359 yards from the Orange Tees and is very narrow. Although the fairway gets narrow the farther down your tree shot travels, most players can still hit driver off the tee. Playing down the left side will take the bunkers out of play on the right and leave the best angle into the green. Push anything right off the tee and the severe drop-off may claim your ball! Consider hitting an extra club into the green as it plays uphill. The green is long and narrow with a deep bunker on the right.

Number 4 is an interesting hole. The hole plays 364 yards from the Orange Tees with bunkers on either side of the fairway in the landing area. Find the fairway of the tee and you’ll still need to fly your approach shot onto a small green that slopes left and is protected by a deep bunker across the front.

The run from Number 9 thru 12 can make or break your round. The front nine ends with a long par 4 that plays 405 yards from the Orange Tees. Your tee shot is through a chute of trees and from the tee, it looks like the landing area is small but trust me, there’s a lot more out there than meets the eye. Avoid the fairway bunker on the right off the tee and you’ll have a long to medium iron into the green. Anything that misses the green right will likely find the bunker while anything left will leave a delicate chip shot from grass mounds.

From there you move to the most difficult hole on the back nine. The 416-yard par 4 10th hole requires an accurate drive off the tee with a decent forced carry. Again, an extra club is advised on your approach shot as it plays longer than you think. Anything short of the green will leave a challenging up and down. Par is a good score here.

If I were naming holes, Number 11 would be called “Right is Death.” Regardless of the tees you play from, the tee shot is blind and accuracy is extremely important. Push your tee shot right and you’ll see what I mean! A good line is the flagstick on the 18th green; once you get past the 150-yard marker, the fairway narrows considerably. Your approach shot plays into a two-tiered green that slopes front to back and is well protected with bunkers.

At 171 yards, the par-3 12th hole plays into a well-undulated green that sits at an angle from the tee. With a back left pin placement, the bunker and false fronted green force you to carry your tee shot onto the green. I would name this hole “Longer Than It Looks,” because I hit the appropriate iron well and came up woefully short!

Your round finishes up with the longest hole on the course. The par 5, 18th hole plays 550 yards from the back tees (a mere 509 from the Orange tees). Your first two shots play uphill and fairway bunkers on both sides of the fairway are strategically placed to catch errant layups. Shots that avoid the bunkers will leave an approach of around 125 yards into a green that slopes back to front and is protected by a deep bunker on the right side. Par or better is a great way to end the round and head to the clubhouse grill for a cool beverage.

After your round, whet your whistle at The Legacy Grill where you can grab either a quick bite or a full meal. The Grill is a comfortable place to relax and relive your round with friends while enjoying spectacular views of the golf course. Satisfy your palette with a variety of hot & cold entrees, quick-to-go sandwiches, snacks, breakfast, and plenty of cold beverages.

If you live in the area and enjoy playing The Legacy, you may want to consider an annual pass. All passes include greens fees, cart fees, range balls, and applicable taxes. Call the pro shop for more information.

The Legacy is a great venue for your next tournament or outing and the staff is committed to making your event a success. They’ll take care of everything from planning to implementation to clean up. Choose from one of their hassle-free event packages or let them customize one to meet your specific needs.

The Legacy’s pro shop offers a wide variety of competitively priced golf equipment and logoed apparel. Their professional staff can also help you out with club repair or take advantage of a certified custom fitting when you purchase a set of clubs. You can test your new clubs at The Legacy’s practice area, which features a full length driving range with grass tees and target areas and separate chipping and putting area to practice your short game. In case you need help getting the most out of your new gear, The Legacy’s professional staff is available for both private and group lessons.

I played the course with a couple of local guys, Steve and Randy. They play at The Legacy quite a bit and were extremely helpful when it came to advising me where to hit the ball, especially off the tee. When I asked them their favorite feature of the course they mentioned two things, the value, and the people. Randy said that he plays all over the area and there’s no better course for the money than The Legacy.

Great Place

Wonderful course in great condition. Very much worth the money. Love how hilly it was and the pin positions were tough. What is life without a challenge?

Commented on 08/24/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314160255688! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Legacy!

Maintenance Monday

I went out today and played. The second hole through the ninth hole I had a maintenance worker watering the green as I’m standing in the fairway waiting for 15 minutes every hole. I left after nine holes. I asked the pro shop for a rain check on the back nine. They told me to contact Golfnow

Commented on 08/10/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, codywilson02! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hi, u314160465160. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Legacy. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Fun course, greens in pretty good shape right now.

Fun course. I feel like the price point is just right, maybe even $5 high. Pace was really good, layout is challenging. I gave it 4 stars because for the price point, I feel like the course should be just a tad better conditions wise, but I’ll definitely play it again and hope that a bit more rain will help clean up a few areas.

fun and challenging course

great pace of play, laid back staff, challenging, but fun course. challenging pin placement, good mix of hazards

Commented on 08/10/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us zach1982. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. The Legacy thanks you!

Greenbrier, Tennessee