The Legacy Golf Course is one of Robertson County's must-play courses. Opened in 1996, it is not as old as some other courses in the area but the designer, Raymond Floyd, took advantage of the existing mature woodlands spread throughout the lush, rolling hills. At 6,755 yards, the course is seemingly short but it is narrow, and be prepared to face troublesome hazards almost everywhere. It is notorious for making balls from even the most slightly errant shots disappear. It is a tough but fair challenge. The golf course starts with a tricky par 5 with a bunker on the right followed by a par 4 that requires a 200-yard carry or you'll surely be faced with trouble. The back nine at Legacy G.C. is slightly less difficult but there are still plenty of hazards as well as several blind shots.
The Legacy Golf Course
Floyd 72 6776 yards 73.0 134
Orange 72 6450 yards 71.2 131
Tournament 72 6133 yards 69.8 128
Club 72 5618 yards 67.4 122
Forward (W) 72 4831 yards 68.2 118
Scorecard for Legacy
Floyd M: 73.0/134 522 406 189 364 436 153 498 404 405 3377 416 415 188 394 529 360 359 167 550 3378 6755
Orange M: 71.2/131 522 379 141 364 399 146 498 376 405 3230 416 357 171 394 529 360 359 145 509 3240 6470
Tournament M: 69.8/128 W: 71.7/123 482 359 141 341 399 146 457 376 381 3082 382 357 171 369 479 333 306 145 509 3051 6133
Club M: 67.4/122 W: 70.2/119 456 331 123 307 371 112 421 357 361 2839 349 321 130 348 438 316 279 130 468 2779 5618
Forward W: 67.1/113 415 241 96 284 332 99 387 310 274 2438 287 277 105 296 417 285 250 97 408 2422 4860

Year Built 1996
Architect Raymond Floyd

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Welcomed

Course was in excellent condition. Fairways were plush and the greens were fast.

Response from The Legacy on 10/17/2018:
Thank you for the excellent review! We're glad you enjoyed the course conditions so much.

Lots of tricky shots required

Enjoyed back nine much better than front.

Carts are old and need replacement.

Pro Shop staff was pleasant but Club house staff not very service oriented and rather rude.

Response from The Legacy on 10/11/2018:
We appreciate your feedback. As for any customer service concerns, in the future, we encourage you to bring these to management so we can address them and make your experience at our course a pleasant one.

Nice fairways. Greens were punched about week ago so not great but usually they are in great condition. Highly recommend.

Response from The Legacy on 09/17/2018:
Thank you for the recommendation! We hope to see you out there again soon.
Response from The Legacy on 09/04/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star rating! Be sure to book your next tee time soon.

Love this course!

This course is challenging but fair. I am not a great golfer, but, I can score well if I place my shots. It is in great shape and the greens were wonderful. I wish they had more afternoon tee times available, as that's our favorite time to play. I highly recommend this course to anyone.

Response from The Legacy on 08/30/2018:
Thank you for the great 5-star review! We are glad you enjoyed the challenge. Come play again soon!

Excellent Golf Course

It helped that the weather was perfect, however, the course is in excellent condition. The fairways are plush, the greens were perfect and the rough was manageable. The young man in the pro shop was friendly and informative at check-in. The scorecard has a nice diagram of each hole in detail that is very helpful to us that don't get to play this course very often. The course is a 2 hours drive for me to play and this is only the third time I have played it. Wish it was closer as I would love to play here every week. GolfNow fee was nice, but their normal green fee rates are very reasonable for the quality of this course. This course compares with any I have played in SW Florida that charge 3 times the fees. Don't miss this jewel, its worth the trip.

Response from The Legacy on 08/30/2018:
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you made the drive out to play at The Legacy and consider the golf course a "jewel." We hope to see you out here again soon!

Fantastic

The Legacy is in Fantastic shape all around. The staff is always friendly, the food is good and the Golf is unmatched!!

Will be back for more, coming from Nashville.

Response from The Legacy on 08/08/2018:
Thank you for the fantastic 5-star review! We're glad you enjoyed everything from our course staff to the food. We look forward to your next visit!

Legacy is in primo condition

Even with the dry weather, Legacy is in top condition. Fairways are well-grassed, greens are rolling well (tricky, as usual), and the rough is penal, but manageable. Only knock on the course are a few bunkers that are being renovated, but have been out of service for a long time.

Clubhouse staff (Often Kevin, the pro) are friendly and helpful. This is deservedly one of the best courses in Middle TN.

Response from The Legacy on 08/03/2018:
Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review. We are honored you consider The Legacy one of the best courses in Middle TN! We hope to see you out there again soon.

Course was in great shape

The course was in excellent shape, especially when you compare it to the other courses around. Greens were in perfect condition. First time I've played here in a few years and will definitely be back.

Response from The Legacy on 08/01/2018:
Thank you for the excellent 5-star review! We are glad you made it back to The Legacy, and we hope to see you out there more often.

Always in good shape.

I always play this course 1-2 times a year. The greens are some of the best in middle Tennessee. They are rebuilding most all the sand traps and fairway bunkers. Fairways are good. You’ll enjoy.

Response from The Legacy on 07/30/2018:
We're glad you had a great round with us. We hope to see you out there more often from now on!
hrh

Very nice course

Play was quick,everyone extremely nice,course very good condition,played several times and always looking forward to playing again,great job staff,thanks.

Response from The Legacy on 07/30/2018:
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are glad you enjoyed everything from the pace of play to the course staff.

I wish it was closer so I could play it more

I think this course has really come into its own. It’s layout is super fun. There’s enough danger to make it a risk-reward play, but you can go low if you avoid the hazards. Some of the bunkers are currently GUR, but I avoided them so they didn’t come into play for me. I did intentionally aim at a couple of fairway bunkers knowing I could take a free drop. I won’t be able to do that next time. It’s obvious that those traps are currently being repaired. I would assume they will be completed very soon. The fairways are in good to great shape. The greens are definitely receptive and rolling probably at a 12 or so. I especially like their mixed tees. I don’t know why more courses don’t do this. I generally play the orange tees at 6500 yards. So half the time my tee will be the same as the back tees and the other half are with the white tees. My only grievance is that I live over 35 miles away so it takes too long to get there. Otherwise, I would be there a lot more.

Response from The Legacy on 07/23/2018:
Thank you for the great feedback! We are glad you made the drive safely to us and hope to see you out here more this season.

Course in great shape

Amazing how new owners have turned this course around- despite being short of staff in 19th hole, staff made our round enjoyable- hopefully I will find a course like this when I move to Charlotte next week- only downer today is that it took 5 3/4 hrs to play a round (too slow in the summer heat)

Response from The Legacy on 07/20/2018:
We're glad you had a great time with us out on the golf course!
Response from The Legacy on 07/13/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star rating! Come play again soon.

Course is in great shape. Staff is awesome. Gotta love Kevin and Christian

Response from The Legacy on 07/09/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review and rating! We are glad you enjoyed the quality of our course staff.

Good time!

Rolled the dice on thunderstorms and won....great layout, good condition (although the bunkers need to be reconditioned), fun round. Worth the drive! Fore!

Response from The Legacy on 07/09/2018:
Thank you for the great review! We are glad you found value in the course and we hope you join us again soon.

Awesome

Excellent condition, played from the tips for the 1st time. Humbled

Response from The Legacy on 07/09/2018:
Thank you for the excellent review! We are happy to see our golfers challenge themselves on our golf course. Come play again soon!

Great track!

Legacy is in very good condition. Like most. Purses in TN they have some repairs going on, mostly fringe areas and bunkers on limited holes, but the rest of the course is awesome. The staff is very friendly and we completed our mid day mid week round in just over 3 hours. The course design and undulating greens are the challenge not distance. Played from white tees. Tee boxes were in good shape but I was more impressed with the greens and fairways. Big fan of the layout and I will return and reccomend.

Response from The Legacy on 06/29/2018:
Thank you for the great 5-star review! We are glad you enjoyed the course layout as well as the pace of play. We appreciate the recommendation and hope you book your next round with us soon!

Very Nice

I played last Sept and was not very impressed, I figured I would give The Legacy another shot because the latest reviews have been very good.

This course is in excellent condition, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I will definitely be back soon and more after that.

Great Job Superintendent!!

Response from The Legacy on 06/29/2018:
Thank you for the excellent 5-star rating. We are happy you decided to give The Legacy another shot! We look forward to your next round with us this season.

Challenge accepted!

Wanted to check out a Raymond Floyd designed course, and gave it a try. What I found was a challenging and interesting course, asking something of me other than 'grip it, and rip it'. Course conditions were ok, but not perfect, and it still made for a great round. If you want to think through a round and work on course management, this is your place. You'll love it!

Response from The Legacy on 06/28/2018:
We are glad you decided to give our course a try and had a great time! We hope you give us another shot soon.
Springfield, Tennessee