The Legacy Golf Course is one of Robertson County's must-play courses. Opened in 1996, it is not as old as some other courses in the area but the designer, Raymond Floyd, took advantage of the existing mature woodlands spread throughout the lush, rolling hills. At 6,755 yards, the course is seemingly short but it is narrow, and be prepared to face troublesome hazards almost everywhere. It is notorious for making balls from even the most slightly errant shots disappear. It is a tough but fair challenge. The golf course starts with a tricky par 5 with a bunker on the right followed by a par 4 that requires a 200-yard carry or you'll surely be faced with trouble. The back nine at Legacy G.C. is slightly less difficult but there are still plenty of hazards as well as several blind shots.

The Legacy Golf Course

Year Built 1996
Architect Raymond Floyd

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Welcomed

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse

Great public course

One of the nicest public course around. Can’t beat the cost. Layout is great, challenging & conditions were perfect.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Hi u000004876922. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Legacy.

Not bad.

6 Handicap. Greens were slow but smooth. Fairways and tee boxes still needed to green up some and another mowing. A few tee boxes (back tees) need to be leveled. I would expect the conditions to only get better as we move into the summer. It was very playable and is always a challenging layout. Me and a buddy played the round in 4 hours with a 12:30 tee time. The driving range was rough.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Thank you for visiting us at The Legacy. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

good

Course was really wet greens did not roll particularly well so with that much break really difficult to read but all and all a really beautiful course and enjoyable experience despite the really tough conditions

Commented on 06/01/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, derekg06. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Great Course!

Course is in very good shape for being shut down do to Covid19, staff was very helpful, pace of play was incredible I never felt rushed or had to wait for group in front of us.

Commented on 06/01/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u000002378172. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Who’s writing fake reviews for this course?!

This couldn’t be more falsely advertised. They should spend less time worrying about writing fake reviews and more time on the course conditions.

Cannot be #2 Public course in Tennessee

I drove 13 hrs to play in Nashville for the weekend, played Hermitage twice and Gaylord springs, Gaylord springs is under construction and only 16 holes were open and still was better.

We left after 9 holes we were so disappointed and luckily got a tee time at Hermitage. If you’re in Nashville for the weekend don’t waste your time to come all the way out here, it’s ABSOLUTELY NOT WORTH IT.

Don’t go!

Horrible course conditions and staff was not welcoming.

Commented on 05/05/2020

Hi u00000199214. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Legacy.

Commented on 05/05/2020

Thank you for your review, tpat0001. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Legacy. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

A Must Play

Course was in excellent condition, staff always friendly, new carts.
Greens were quick and pretty true.
The layout here is one of the best you will find anywhere.

Commented on 05/05/2020

Hi SqueakInBNA. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Legacy.

Excellent course

With the coronavirus and all the water we've had, the courses is in very good condition will Play It Again

Commented on 04/09/2020

Hi u000006229418. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Legacy!

Commented on 04/09/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u556661273! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Legacy!

Great course but would be better better in spring/summer

The layout of the course is pretty nice. While it doesn’t speak to me quite as much as some other courses it’s definitely one I’d be interested in playing again. Probably in the summer when the grass is green. This was the first time I’ve played on Dormant Bermuda grass and while it plays mostly the same you can kind of feel the difference. I’d probably rate The Legacy a half star higher in optimal conditions, as the layout is definitely very good. Nice set of par 3s for sure.

Commented on 02/28/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us Kevin91581. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. The Legacy thanks you!

Worth the trip

Drove 4 hours to play, and was well worth it. We cant wait to come back. Great layout, challenging and good conditions even in end of winter. I imagine summer this will be a very beautiful course to play. Greens were awesome.

Commented on 02/20/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Tony2661464! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Legacy!

SLOW PACE PLAY

Took 3 hours to play front nine. No Marshall’s our. People would finish out the hole. Then continue practice putting on greens. Keeping me from hitting. This course was the slowest I’ve ever played. Very disappointed vheard it was a great course

Commented on 02/07/2020

Hi Jtman07! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 01/24/2020

Hi, Taylorboi236. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Legacy. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

The course was wet but playable. Great shape for winter. And we had very heavy rain the day before. Greens in great shape. Challenging course. Will be back!

Commented on 01/24/2020

mrdscons, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (615) 384-4653. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Loved it

This is a very good course to play. The club house smells of delicious food.

Commented on 01/10/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314159749304! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Legacy!

Raining

It was raining the whole day and hence the play was cancelled by the course. But it is a fantastic course.

Commented on 01/10/2020

Hi, u314159749304. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Legacy. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Hidden gem

This course is worth the drive from Nashville in my opinion. I got a twilight tee time Sunday evening by myself the day before, the starter paired me with a father and son duo who were about my skill level and helped me around the course. This course rewards good shots and penalizes bad ones, holes are rarely side by side so there's no hitting in a different fairway and still playing your hole. I like the course setup with several go for it or layup decisions and the par 3's are very cool looking shots with either elevated tees or elevated greens. For the twilight price of less than $40, it's the best value I've ever encountered and the greens held and ran true. 5 stars

Greenbrier, Tennessee