Airport Golf Course

2.6
2.4
1.9

Type Municipal
Airport Golf Course, which opened in 1966, is a Jack Kidwell and Dr. Michael Hurdzan-designed championship course bordering Big Walnut Creek. The golf course offers mature tree-lined fairways, strategically placed water hazards and a unique parade of aircraft courtesy of the Port Columbus International Airport. Airport Golf Course measures 6,318 yards from the longest tees, with a rating of 68.7 and a slope rating of 113.
Airport Golf Course
Orange 72 4817 yards 61.8 98
Orange (W) 72 4817 yards 65.9 106
Purple 72 2689 yards
Scorecard for Airport Golf Course
Black M: 68.7/113 447 353 161 371 394 558 305 205 410 3204 454 352 144 389 360 522 391 127 375 3114 6318
Blue M: 67.4/110 412 339 147 357 381 538 298 193 390 3055 440 340 133 375 345 508 376 114 340 2971 6026
White M: 65.4/105 W: 70.4/116 403 319 121 327 339 515 286 173 367 2850 412 322 118 349 326 476 347 99 327 2776 5626
Orange M: 61.8/98 W: 65.9/106 299 271 87 289 305 470 248 145 326 2440 365 268 90 276 287 424 309 67 291 2377 4817
Purple W: 60.2/96 200 150 87 150 150 200 150 145 150 1382 200 150 90 150 150 200 150 67 150 1307 2689

Year Built 1966

Pitching/Chipping Area No

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes
Dress code Shirt and shoes required

Terrible course- worse customer service

Despite arriving two minutes early to our tee time, the started said my friend and I were late and he let the pair we were partnered with start and said we’d have to drop up near them to start. After I showed him the clock and pointed out we weren’t late, he then said “well we had to move things around..” admitting we weren’t late and he just jumped the gun. I then asked if instead of dropping, if we could play the first hole when we finish, and he replied doubtful.- no help for a situation he caused. I told them clubhouse staff, but the lady there seemed to care even less. Terrible way to start a Saturday. Avoid this place, not worth the frustrations.

Yes play it

We felt the course was in great shape. The front 9 holes were wide open because the fairways were lined with new trees for the most part. It will be a difficult course in the years to come when the trees grow larger for the front 9. The back 9 was a little tougher because of the water on holes and the trees are fully developed. We would recommend this course for anyone. My preset GPS did not work because the course is not laid out a little different.

Decent for the Price

The course is in decent condition. Greens are tough to get a consistent feel for. No really tough holes but interesting enough.

Rough!!!

Over $40 to play here, fairways haven’t been mowed for at least a week, tee boxes are like bad fringe, and the greens are rolling about 7. Pace of play is awful and no one monitoring. Won’t okay here again. I try it once a year and it seems to get worse. Sucks, cause the layout is decently fun.

over priced, staff annoying.

I've played this course a few times. I felt the need to write a review today because of 2 things. Their price is ridiculous for the course and their staff was annoying. Yesterday they asked for cart path only on holes 6 and 15. They told us in the clubhouse when paying on the 1st and 10th tees and they had a sign out on each teebox. Then if that wasn't enough a marshall driving around in a cart reminding you before you tee off..a bit of overkill don't you think? They're always unfriendly in the clubhouse and extremely slow when paying. $33 for mid day on a Tuesday is insanely overpriced. I like the layout but mainly because its a confidence boosting course. Its not worth more than $22 for 18 holes with a cart. Probably wont go back unless I can get it for $22 or under.

u000006063291
Commented On 10/15/2017

That’s Steve Groves for you. Was the same way at Champions. Miserable disposition.

Simple Muni

This is a course that will never blow you away. The holes are mostly straight, very short (even off the tips), and offer plenty of room to miss. The course conditions are fine. The clubhouse isn't very fancy. The food menu is very simple. But it's very hard to beat the weekend price point at under $40 for 18 holes. The staff is pleasant, the food is solid, the pace of play is not painfully slow. If you're a low-mid handicapper, this course won't be much of challenge to you. But, for high handicappers and beginners, this is a solid place to play. Plus the taking off/landing planes make for an interesting sight/distraction, depending on your point of view

Golf and Planes

This course really does offer quite the amazing experience that you will not get anywhere else. The planes land right over your head. It is loud, but it is a good exercise in concentration on the golf course. There are landing beacons for the planes built within the golf course, that's how close the planes are coming.

We golfed on a Sunday morning teeing off at 7:30am and it was already packed. We ended up joining up with the twosome behind us as pace of play was a little concerning, but then things all worked out by about hole 5 and we never had anybody waiting nor were we waiting on anybody else.

The course and staff were really nice. The one thing I would say though is the course is a little tight. There were multiple times where a few golfers from two different holes were hitting from the same area in the rough / trees.

Really enjoyed it thought and I'm sure my father and I will be back.

RFL & FRIENDS

AWESOME day for November ! Any time we get a golf date this late in the year it is a bonus. Even with the huge amount of golfers out, the pace of play was good. Unfortunately, with all the leaves, our group lost several balls BUT that's late fall golf. Greens were fairly fast and in decent shape. We hope to get another few rounds in before SNOW !

Continuing to improve

Both the course and my game! This course has great promise since re-opening a couple seasons ago. This is a great place to get in a quick round, as it's close to the city but not too overpriced. Starter does a good job keeping things moving along.

Valid dates: Sep 17, 2018 - Oct 31, 2018