Type Municipal

Airport Golf Course, which opened in 1966, is a Jack Kidwell and Dr. Michael Hurdzan-designed championship course bordering Big Walnut Creek. The golf course offers mature tree-lined fairways, strategically placed water hazards and a unique parade of aircraft courtesy of the Port Columbus International Airport.

Airport Golf Course measures 6,318 yards from the longest tees, with a rating of 68.7 and a slope rating of 113.

Airport Golf Course

Year Built 1966
Architect Jack Kidwell (1966) Dr. Michael Hurdzan (1966) Dr. Michael Hurdzan (2012)

Pitching/Chipping Area No

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes
Dress code Shirt and shoes required

Nice Course

Well maintained. Friendly staff. I happened to leave my sunglasses on the cart . A staff member found them and raced them back to me in the parking lot before I left.

Great course for an affordable price

Played here for the first time today and it was amazing. The airplanes literally fly right over you as they come in for landing! The course layout is very forgiving yet still fun for the experienced golfers that play the black tees ( I believe there were five sets of tees). The pace was average for a Saturday, at about 4 hours 10 minutes. I will be back in the future.

Short and Forgiving

Good course to play if you have had a few weeks where you haven't been able to get out. Short course overall but for the price the course condition is what you'd expect.

Course back log

Things were going great on the front 9 did have a foursome of ladies playing behind us who kept nipping at my heels. Once we hit the turn there were 3 groups in front of us a single a double and a 3sum played the front in 110minutes the back 9 took 140minutes. Somebody overstayed their turn tome and backed everyone up. Nobody let anyone play ahead of them and the Rangers were just hanging out not worried about their job on the course. Also my 2sum gave a 2 shot lead before hitting whole the group of ladies didn't and kept at our heels the whole back and front 9s

CBus is making this better.

A round with my brother after being away from before the redesign. The only dissatisfaction was the 6th (I think). GUR was pretty major. They are working on it and I hope it will be like the rest of the course. It's well maintained and the natural wild flowers make it a nice natural course. Staff was very friendly. I'll be back.

Very forgiving course

I have a high handicap and this course allows for some challenge and also a lot of forgiveness. It’s great for beginners.

3 1/2 hours for a 9 hole round.. IN A CART!!

The starter needs to send groups off of both the front and back tees to keep pace of play up to par. The starter also needs to let a single player with a cart play in front of a group of 4 walkers and a group of 4 in a cart. Very poor pace of play might keep me away from this beautiful course.

Great day

Course was very nice considering the heavy rains we had.

Very nice, but we were not allowed to play 2 holes since they were closed... Still got charged to full amount.

Wet ground, but still in good shape

This course isn't known for its undulating greens or rolling fairways. In fact, it's pretty flat. They keep it in great shape, and with a few strategically placed bunkers, a mix of distance, smooth greens and level tees, this course provides just enough challenge that is fun to play. The new design is finally starting to settle in making the whole course pretty uniform in terms of consistent play. Pace of play wasn't an issue today, but it's January. The clubhouse is quite dated. You'll be stepping back into the 70's the moment you step inside, and you can tell the lockers haven't seen use in years. It is what it is. A good course near where planes land. Kinda cool

Terrible course- worse customer service

Despite arriving two minutes early to our tee time, the started said my friend and I were late and he let the pair we were partnered with start and said we’d have to drop up near them to start. After I showed him the clock and pointed out we weren’t late, he then said “well we had to move things around..” admitting we weren’t late and he just jumped the gun. I then asked if instead of dropping, if we could play the first hole when we finish, and he replied doubtful.- no help for a situation he caused. I told them clubhouse staff, but the lady there seemed to care even less. Terrible way to start a Saturday. Avoid this place, not worth the frustrations.

Yes play it

We felt the course was in great shape. The front 9 holes were wide open because the fairways were lined with new trees for the most part. It will be a difficult course in the years to come when the trees grow larger for the front 9. The back 9 was a little tougher because of the water on holes and the trees are fully developed. We would recommend this course for anyone. My preset GPS did not work because the course is not laid out a little different.

Decent for the Price

The course is in decent condition. Greens are tough to get a consistent feel for. No really tough holes but interesting enough.

Rough!!!

Over $40 to play here, fairways haven’t been mowed for at least a week, tee boxes are like bad fringe, and the greens are rolling about 7. Pace of play is awful and no one monitoring. Won’t okay here again. I try it once a year and it seems to get worse. Sucks, cause the layout is decently fun.

over priced, staff annoying.

I've played this course a few times. I felt the need to write a review today because of 2 things. Their price is ridiculous for the course and their staff was annoying. Yesterday they asked for cart path only on holes 6 and 15. They told us in the clubhouse when paying on the 1st and 10th tees and they had a sign out on each teebox. Then if that wasn't enough a marshall driving around in a cart reminding you before you tee off..a bit of overkill don't you think? They're always unfriendly in the clubhouse and extremely slow when paying. $33 for mid day on a Tuesday is insanely overpriced. I like the layout but mainly because its a confidence boosting course. Its not worth more than $22 for 18 holes with a cart. Probably wont go back unless I can get it for $22 or under.

u000006063291
Commented On 10/15/2017

That’s Steve Groves for you. Was the same way at Champions. Miserable disposition.

Simple Muni

This is a course that will never blow you away. The holes are mostly straight, very short (even off the tips), and offer plenty of room to miss. The course conditions are fine. The clubhouse isn't very fancy. The food menu is very simple. But it's very hard to beat the weekend price point at under $40 for 18 holes. The staff is pleasant, the food is solid, the pace of play is not painfully slow. If you're a low-mid handicapper, this course won't be much of challenge to you. But, for high handicappers and beginners, this is a solid place to play. Plus the taking off/landing planes make for an interesting sight/distraction, depending on your point of view

Golf and Planes

This course really does offer quite the amazing experience that you will not get anywhere else. The planes land right over your head. It is loud, but it is a good exercise in concentration on the golf course. There are landing beacons for the planes built within the golf course, that's how close the planes are coming.

We golfed on a Sunday morning teeing off at 7:30am and it was already packed. We ended up joining up with the twosome behind us as pace of play was a little concerning, but then things all worked out by about hole 5 and we never had anybody waiting nor were we waiting on anybody else.

The course and staff were really nice. The one thing I would say though is the course is a little tight. There were multiple times where a few golfers from two different holes were hitting from the same area in the rough / trees.

Really enjoyed it thought and I'm sure my father and I will be back.

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.